It's kinda problematic how people wanna gatekeep kpop idols by the shape of their eyes or color of their skin

• just look at my sig horrifing whitening soft filter, he is blending with the background

This is why I love Hyolyn tbh. She was never whitewashed. There are plenty of pale koreans but lots of tan ones too. I wish they would allow more representation so girls and boys never feel like they're less beautiful cos they aren't pale.

201906121647770058_5d00b4dfa0409.jpg

Say what you want about Starship but they did Sistar good, Dasom and Hyolyn didn't have to tan or become pale and were allowed to just exist :red-heart:  :brown-heart::white-heart:.

• I mentioned this many times before and that's the 🤡🤡🤡 clown world of it all is as my foul mouth country men say iroaches. Trying to dictate what we Koreans want in our kpop keep that in mind that's MY culture not theirs what we want included in kpop nobody else has any say in this but us. Kpop idols of different ethnicities are openly welcomed and encouraged. You see for the majority of the world outside of the USA we all enjoy and practice cultural sharing, this means the overwhelming majority of people will openly welcome you to partake in participate and even adopt our culture and traditions. Cultural appropriation is an alien term to us, so this gatekeeping thing on kpop idols is clown 🤡 shit because you will never see it from us

• I'm not saying they won't stick out like a sore thumb, they will. But they should be allowed to stick out like a sore thumb if the company wants them to and if they want to, they shouldn't be told they are not allowed worst of all by inetz. For example I wasn't a big fan of z-girls at all and I'm not saying you have to be a fan of them, but saying "they can't debut" or "they don't belong" is much worse than just not being a fan of them. That's mostly what I am addressing.

I understand. The problem is people don't seem to be able to settle with not buying, not watching, not listening. They're entitled to not buying into an international kpop group or whatever. No one can force them to become a fan, obviously. But when they don't want to buy, watch or listen, lots of people feel the urge to share it with the entire world. "I'm not stanning this group because this or that", "I'm opposed to this or that". That's what it comes down to. And that's what we see all the time on twitter, on forums... on AKP.

There are people who seem more interested in talking at lengths about what they don't like (and make sure everyone knows) rather than what they like. That's what toxicity stems from.

• I have no issue with them debuting elsewhere. They have no business trying to exploit arab women though, especially when they enjoy rights that their fans do not. And no, I will not be "protecting" anyone. The men that stand up for oppression are doing the bare minimum in a society that was built with their needs in mind. I only support arab WOMEN 🤷‍♀️

And fighting oppression of Arab women happens when someone living in a western country dictates, behind their screen, what Arab women should and shouldn't do? Control their entertainment? Make decisions on their behalf? Deprive them of small pleasures? Because they're not smart enough to fight for their own rights and decide what to consume as entertainment? Because they can't operate without a western saviour?

• And fighting oppression of Arab women happens when someone living in a western country dictates, behind their screen, what Arab women should and shouldn't do? Control their entertainment? Make decisions on their behalf? Deprive them of small pleasures? Because they're not smart enough to fight for their own rights and decide what to consume as entertainment? Because they can't operate without a western saviour?

Louder please 😎😎

• I mean this asked for my opinion, did it not? They can operate their own lives however way they want (even though they actually can't, especially Saudi women). Why would I think it's a good idea to make a bg in Saudi, a country that legit has 0 consideration for women? It is obvious this is a ploy to just make money and not to give these women "small pleasures". I'm also Arab and know Arab women living in the middle east in places where they are treated like they're nothing. I think giving them a boy group means jack shit. And their entertainment is already controlled, everything is controlled by men, so give them more men! Right?

Ok sense men are the problem to help you we Koreans will pinky promise to only make girl groups, men bad right 🤡

• I mean this asked for my opinion, did it not? They can operate their own lives however way they want (even though they actually can't, especially Saudi women). Why would I think it's a good idea to make a bg in Saudi, a country that legit has 0 consideration for women? It is obvious this is a ploy to just make money and not to give these women "small pleasures". I'm also Arab and know Arab women living in the middle east in places where they are treated like they're nothing. I think giving them a boy group means jack shit. And their entertainment is already controlled, everything is controlled by men, so give them more men! Right?

You complain about their entertainment and life being controlled and yet here you are trying to control it further.

You're giving these women very little credit, just because the government is controlling doesn't mean these women aren't smart enough to have their own opinions and the freedom to make certain decisions no matter big or small. A woman making a bad decision will always be freer than a woman not given a choice at all, so please let's at first stop talking about Saudi women as if they were abstract objects. Let's stop talking over them and on their behalf.

• Im not talking over anyone. My words mean nothing in the grand scheme of things anyway. If a Saudi woman can talk about this here that would be great and I would listen, but they are not here, their voices are not heard because they are silenced by the men there. 🤷‍♀️ I'm not going to change my opinion about this so there's no point

That's such a weird thing to say, probably you personally have never talked to a Saudi woman before but they're out there in the Internet and on social media and they have spoken up more than once when people tried to stop artists and events from going to KSA in the name of supporting these women.

Anyway, personally I can't understand how people don't recognise that an extremely Conservative country like KSA opening up to the world culture and art wise, embracing diverse and inclusive entertainment genres and artists that represent lifestyles, fashions and heck even sexualities that are frowned upon there, how do people not recognise that these are positive hopeful signs that should be encouraged and celebrated instead of fought against in the name of protecting someone you have never even seen or spoken to.

This is the last I'm going to say about this, for some reason this same discourse has been happening a lot in the past couple of days in twitter and I'm so tired of it. Peace.

• You complain about their entertainment and life being controlled and yet here you are trying to control it further.

You're giving these women very little credit, just because the government is controlling doesn't mean these women aren't smart enough to have their own opinions and the freedom to make certain decisions no matter big or small. A woman making a bad decision will always be freer than a woman not given a choice at all, so please let's at first stop talking about Saudi women as if they were abstract objects. Let's stop talking over them and on their behalf.

I kinda agree with both you and @dummi . I think what dummi is trying to say is that a lot of women in countries with systematic oppression won't speak up because they will face consequences if they do. So to say only Saudi women can speak on their behalf isn't a sensible statement because a lot of them actually can't. It's like saying North Korea doesn't need help because none of the North Koreans speak out. I mean Iran is a glowing example of the dangers of speaking out against the regime.

The being said I totally think the western saviour concept is true, just that in this case it doesn't apply since dummi mentioned that she is arab. Also kpop coming to Saudi has been a great thing, people there deserve to enjoy just like everyone else in the world :red-heart::white-heart: .

• I kinda agree with both you and @dummi . I think what dummi is trying to say is that a lot of women in countries with systematic oppression won't speak up because they will face consequences if they do. So to say only Saudi women can speak on their behalf isn't a sensible statement because a lot of them actually can't. It's like saying North Korea doesn't need help because none of the North Koreans speak out. I mean Iran is a glowing example of the dangers of speaking out against the regime.

The being said I totally think the western saviour concept is true, just that in this case it doesn't apply since dummi mentioned that she is arab. Also kpop coming to Saudi has been a great thing, people there deserve to enjoy just like everyone else in the world :red-heart::white-heart: .

This is the first serious thread I've seen you on. You're super funny of course anyway, but I'll be honest that I didn't quite expect this level of discourse from you in a serious discussion. Obviously didn't give you enough credit. I am very happy to be surprised and wrong! :finger-heart:

• BTW eunchaepower, you know you can get your first badge free here right?

• This is the first serious thread I've seen you on. You're super funny of course anyway, but I'll be honest that I didn't quite expect this level of discourse from you in a serious discussion. Obviously didn't give you enough credit. I am very happy to be surprised and wrong! :finger-heart:

I'M.

LITERALLY.

GONNA.

CRY.

Thankyouuuuu :holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears::holding-back-tears: . That is so nice ;(;(. I NEVER EXPECTED TO HEAR SUCH KIND WORDS FROM ADMIN MOMMY ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(. YOU'VE LITERALLY MADE MY ENTIRE WEEK. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. YOU MADE ME SO HAPPY :borahae:<3:red-heart::orange-heart::yellow-heart::green-heart::blue-heart::brown-heart::black-heart::white-heart:. ILY ADMIN MOMMY.

Also I can get a free badge? Yes pls I'll get one rn!

• Best Answer

Go request one in that thread then! Let me guess who it'll be.... KAZUHA (Yes I am laughing at my own horrible joke)

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!