So MIDZY: Did 2022's ITZY MAMA Performance Live Up to 2021?

• Did ITZY's 2022 performance top 2021? 24

1. Yes (1) 4%
    2. No (22) 92%
    3. Equally as good and carried on the ITZY MAMA legacy. (1) 4%

We all know ITZY's performance was the main event last year. Went viral. Had some of the most buzz worthy moments and most views (until it was deleted). Probably one of the best year end award performances I have ever seen. Legendary. Would you say their performance this year lived up to that?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• nope not really

I would say this years Le Sserafim performances were on similar level to ITZY's last year

but this year Itzy was kind of plain, maybe it's because of songs, maybe because of stage set up

don't get me wrong, they've did good job, they did well, but last year mafia was amazing

• No. This years performance felt kinda lazy. We got a dance break and some cool Yeji transition moments but except for that it wasn't much different from a normal music show performance. Last year they went full out, using multiple sets, a fight scene and a whole a*s storyline.

Performing a totally new song stopped them from doing anything bigger. They needed to keep it simple so people would be able to tell what the new song sounded like.

• Wow, LSFM did that good? I'm gonna have to check it out if you say it's that good.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• keyboardwarrior7

• Wow, LSFM did that good? I'm gonna have to check it out if you say it's that good.

le sserafim mma performance was easily the best gg performance this year, no competition

yeah I do agree MMA one was superb

and MAMA one was also very good

• Itzy was nice but it felt a bit off. The last few years everyone's been so obsessed with being dark and intense. Like when Yeji came on with the bad-bitch energy and the all black I was thinking "there's no way we're about to go into Sneakers right now" -- nope lol.

I know it's less flashy, but it would've been cool to see what creative things they could do with a lighter vibe there.

• keyboardwarrior7

Gahdamn! I'm shook. :woow:

This has completely changed my whole thought process on LSFM and 4th gen as a whole.

That performance was phenomenal. One of the best performances I have ever seen in KPOP if I am being honest.

Kazuha's whole dance intro. I was mesmerized from start to finish. She is such a star. Then the lead into Fearless, and the Hydra dance break in between Fearless and Antifragile. The crazy thing about this is that the stage itself is not that elaborate, and they are carrying this whole performance with their charisma and performance of the song alone. Not very many 4th gen GGs can do that yet. The whole thing was so inventive. Like the 5 girls separating to create 5 separate snake body waves with the background dancers. Other companies better take notes.

Ngl, after watching this and the MAMA performance, I think LSFM may be the best performing GG out of 4th gen right now. Originally, I thought it would be NMIXX, but they are still rookies and you can really tell.

I almost forgot LSFM debuted this year. They look seasoned and completely in control of their facial expressions and performance. Of course, Sakura, Chaewon, Yunjin, and Kazuha are seasoned performers so there's that to think about.

Either way, I don't think any 4th gen GGs are touching them performance wise right now.

• yeah I do agree MMA one was superb

and MAMA one was also very good

Yeah, MAMA was good, but MMA was something else.

Watching the 2 performances back to back really made me realize how much MAMA's camerawork and lighting sucks. MMA ate them up.

• keyboardwarrior7

i wonder who did the choreo, it was as intense as bts choreos. they had no breaks between songs, their stamina must be insane. they really are incredible performers

never listened to izone and knew nothing about both chaewon and sakura (i knew how sakura looked tho). people kept saying how much sakura has improved since she joined le sserafim and i was interested in seeing it myself. watching this and other le sserafim performances and comparing it with izone's, i cannot believe that's the same sakura. her hard work really paid off, it's impressive and inspiring

at mma they won the best female performance, it's well deserved, nobody does it like them atm.

to me le ssearafim and itzy are the best 4th gen performance. even chill itzy is better than other girl groups

• Yes! I think in my head, Sakura and Chaewon were still at their IZ*ONE level, and neither one of them were by far the stand out members skill wise in IZ*ONE even though Chaewon has always been one of the better vocalists in IZ*ONE. Seeing them perform this really was a wake up call for me that they are totally different now.

I think LSFM has some of the most intense choreo out of most GGs right now. Like watching them perform reminded me of earlier ITZY and how they were doing moves as rookies that most GGs were just not doing at the time. I hesitate to call ITZY 4th gen now even though I know a lot of people consider them that. But, yeah, if they are in the 4th gen category, it's definitely ITZY and LSFM at the top performance wise in regard to difficulty and intricacy of the choreo and their delivery and charisma in regards to performance.

• JYP gave everything to sabotage them this year (Live cooking, no budget, shitty songs ...) and they still did a decent performance on S N E A K E R S despite everything

Legends only if someone ask me ;judgingpepe:

like you said in the mama thread

^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!