Triple S Unit Disbanding for Not Selling 100k?!

• Wtf!? Like, you guys won't even give them 1 comeback!? They were literally the 1st unit?! Like.... :clown:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• LOONA must have Jaden (or whatever his name is) traumatized.

from what I heard this subunit AAA will disband not the whole group/project

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• from what I heard this subunit AAA will disband not the whole group/project

Yeah, I know. I forgot that Triple S is the whole group and AAA was the unit.

But that's still crazy to me. They LITERALLY went viral. If any unit had a chance to grow, it would be them. They had a GREAT start so for them to scrap them for not hitting 100k is ridiculous. Did they really expect to get Big 4 numbers right out of the gate!? With no show or anything to boost sales!? I don't get it.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• keyboardwarrior7

Changed the title of the thread from “Triple S Disbanding for Not Selling 100k?!” to “Triple S Unit Disbanding for Not Selling 100k?!”.
  • Could be. Maybe it's to incentivize fans to buy the album of the next unit so they don't "disband". Anything else would be stupid and a waste.

• how much did they sell? i personally think their performances weren't that good but i think it's just because they're newbies :( this survival show while debuted really won't be doing any favors for the girls or their chemistry moving forward

LOL imagine not getting a comeback because you were in one of the first subunits and you didn't sell well .. my 13th reason frfr jaden jeong you are not the genius you think you are

• how much did they sell? i personally think their performances weren't that good but i think it's just because they're newbies :( this survival show while debuted really won't be doing any favors for the girls or their chemistry moving forward

LOL imagine not getting a comeback because you were in one of the first subunits and you didn't sell well .. my 13th reason frfr jaden jeong you are not the genius you think you are

This is all I could find via Twitter.

So, yeah, nowhere near 100k. I'm not sure if they have cracked 25k, which is 1/4th of their goal. Which makes the 100k goal seem even crazier?

they can still comeback in next sub unit if fans choose them

• iirc there are rotational jpop groups who have polls to see which members will participate in certain songs. It's entirely possible this unit will be back if they get voted for.

idk maybe it's because I'm also a NCT fan and while there are NCT U line ups I'd like to see on another song I also love seeing what new lineups bring. Once they get more members we might see a permanent subunit.

• iirc there are rotational jpop groups who have polls to see which members will participate in certain songs. It's entirely possible this unit will be back if they get voted for.

idk maybe it's because I'm also a NCT fan and while there are NCT U line ups I'd like to see on another song, but at the same time I love seeing what unit lineups bring. Once they get more members we might see a permanent subunit.

But, if that's the case, how are any of the groups supposed to gain traction if you dump each unit that doesn't sell 100k? Seems kinda stupid to me. If you keep restarting groups over and over, how are they ever supposed to reach that number?

Maybe I'm dumb and can't see the vision, but it took NCT years before they started selling as well as they do now, and they came from SM.

• But, if that's the case, how are any of the groups supposed to gain traction if you dump each unit that doesn't sell 100k? Seems kinda stupid to me. If you keep restarting groups over and over, how are they ever supposed to reach that number?

Maybe I'm dumb and can't see the vision, but it took NCT years before they started selling as well as they do now, and they came from SM.

This Jaden guy main goal is to ruin groups he almost ruined loona with his crazy antics and destroyed Only one of and now he's back with Triple s, he thinks buy pulling this tactic of 100k sales people will have petty on the group and starts buying their album but this is not way to gain faithful long lasting fans

• But, if that's the case, how are any of the groups supposed to gain traction if you dump each unit that doesn't sell 100k? Seems kinda stupid to me. If you keep restarting groups over and over, how are they ever supposed to reach that number?

This unit was only supposed to promote one album and then if they did well enough they would automatically give them another one without voting. The group isn't gone though. If anything this has brought more attention the fact that units are picked by voting.

• Yeah, I know. I forgot that Triple S is the whole group and AAA was the unit.

But that's still crazy to me. They LITERALLY went viral. If any unit had a chance to grow, it would be them. They had a GREAT start so for them to scrap them for not hitting 100k is ridiculous. Did they really expect to get Big 4 numbers right out of the gate!? With no show or anything to boost sales!? I don't get it.

This is seriously messed up...I get that maybe the company was possibly on a budget and the album sale money was supposed to go to their subunit but that's so crazy...

What if the group as a whole doesn't meet their sales goal? They literally have nugu groups that don't really sell more than 1k copies. I think reaching 10k is more than great.

Seriously embarrasing... :sweatr:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• This unit was only supposed to promote one album and then if they did well enough they would automatically give them another one without voting. The group isn't gone though. If anything this has brought more attention the fact that units are picked by voting.

Yes, I get that. I'm just wondering how any of these units are supposed to gain fans if they are not consistently promoting.

The only way I can see that happening is if Triple S as a whole somehow blows up or one of the members becomes an IT girl and gains a crazy fanbase. Other than that, I can't see how a rotating group with no real fixed subunits will be able to gain a solid fanbase.

• This is seriously messed up...I get that maybe the company was possibly on a budget and the album sale money was supposed to go to their subunit but that's so crazy...

What if the group as a whole doesn't meet their sales goal? They literally have nugu groups that don't really sell more than 1k copies. I think reaching 10k is more than great.

Seriously embarrasing... :sweatr:

Apparently, the concept of constantly rotating units was always the plan. The only way to get a fixed group is by selling 100k, but the members will be back for other units. If you want more information on the concept, this thread did a great job of helping me understand.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!