Draw and Rollercoaster are both better than Tap

• Rollercoaster is more like the whole song is exciting than relying on a hook in the chorus alone

Draw has a cheap hook with no relation to the music around it, but at least it works

Tap barely even has a hook

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tap: this song is more enjoyable if you're doing something else like reading a book or something, so you can't hear the "Tap tap tap". The more you pay close attention to it, the more it will get on your nerves

In terms of Secret Number, Doomchita and Got That Boom are in a different category of loud pounding club music. Their more lowkey songs Who Dis? and Fire Saturday were carried and characterized by Jinny's rap. In Tap, Jinny's rapping is barely there, and the singing is not filling the space as well

And at some points it sounds like the instrumental is competing with the vocals, just why is it so quiet but the singing is so loud

Rollercoaster: It fits woo!ah!'s style and it sounds good to listen to. It doesn't really matter that other GGs could have released this too (ex. fromis_9 - We Go, Loona - Hula Hoop), even if it's been done before, that doesn't diminish the song because it's its own thing

Draw: Like I said, it's cheap and simple, but at least it actually works, unlike Tap which is so busy but it's not doing anything. It sounds new and unique as well

It doesn't matter though between Rollercoaster and Draw. The point is Tap is lower

well, Lockeys, Ichillers, wee!ooh!s

• Speaking of "Draw", what doesn't make sense to me is the decision to put a 4-bar rap at the beginning of the song when 8 bars clearly would have felt hotter somewhere after the 3rd run of the hook.

• Speaking of "Draw", what doesn't make sense to me is the decision to put a 4-bar rap at the beginning of the song when 8 bars clearly would have felt hotter somewhere after the 3rd run of the hook.

After 3rd run of hook? You mean like somewhere in 2nd verse, like before or replacing the "lot of roses" part?

• Oh, you choose controversy today. :pepepizza:

I need to listen to Draw. That one bypassed my radar.

I'm more confused why people think Tap is alright, it is so underwhelming for me, especially after teasers sounded very nice

Editing: real controversy would be if I said Draw is better than Rollercoaster, I like Draw more but I don't think it's absolutely better

• I'm more confused why people think Tap is alright, it is so underwhelming for me, especially after teasers sounded very nice

Editing: real controversy would be if I said Draw is better than Rollercoaster, I like Draw more but I don't think it's absolutely better

I agree: Rollercoaster is the supreme choice out of those songs. Draw has a fun chorus, but I think Rollercoaster holds up all the way through. Tap's okay, but I wouldn't deliberately listen to it again.

Sometimes I think we need to do more "this song revisited" threads, because I might love a song listening to it for a bop or flop thread and then be like "yeah, never listened to it again" if asked a month later.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I only listened to them once (or a couple times for Draw), but I wouldn't be too harsh towards TAP. I thought the chorus was catchy. Nothing amazing though I've never been a fan of Secret Number's music anyway.

Rollercoaster I like it, even though it's not the classic woo!ah! style and a little more on the generic side. There's an additional edge compared to Catch the Stars, with Lucy's rap and Nana's usual cheekiness. Not my favorite track of theirs (based on that one listen) but what can I say? I see Nana, I upvote.

So I'd say Draw is my least favorite among the three.

• Doomchita is their worst title track along with Fire Saturday pls.

But, Slam is a miss. One thing about Secret Number was that their bsides were always better than the title tracks. This time Tap is better.

:woow:

I didn't get any of Tap, Doomchita, Fire Saturday initially but when I listened to all of them back, the other 2 have a melody and the instrumental matches with the singing, Tap is the only one I can't find anything going for it

No really strong opinion on b-sides, I don't remember Slam and the only other b-side I listened to is Holiday, I just see it as a different style than than Who Dis though, not dramatically better

• I only listened to them once (or a couple times for Draw), but I wouldn't be too harsh towards TAP. I thought the chorus was catchy. Nothing amazing though I've never been a fan of Secret Number's music anyway.

Rollercoaster I like it, even though it's not the classic woo!ah! style and a little more on the generic side. There's an additional edge compared to Catch the Stars, with Lucy's rap and Nana's usual cheekiness. Not my favorite track of theirs (based on that one listen) but what can I say? I see Nana, I upvote.

So I'd say Draw is my least favorite among the three.

true, I can remember how Tap goes, I just don't like it that much

I also thought Draw was nothing special at first but over time I started to appreciate it, like I thought in OP I think Draw is a bit simple but in comparison Tap is monotonous

• After 3rd run of hook? You mean like somewhere in 2nd verse, like before or replacing the "lot of roses" part?

2:38..After the bridge or whatever. I get slight head chills playing the rap, at :09, closer to the latter part of the song.

• For this week My rank

1. Lovin' me

2. Tap

3. Rollercoaster

4. Draw

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!