Related to enhypen Sunoo, what you feel if your friends often make you as a joke?

• Personally for me, if they make a joke like this for once or twice I don't mind it at all but if it's this often, it would really hurt me. It is very painful if there is a friend who always make fun of someone appearance or weight which is very sensitive to a lot of people. And for them as an idols, obviously weight is something that they care about so much. And the most painful thing is that the target can't even show their emotions or get angry and just laugh like it's something funny when it's not.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not accusing them of bullying Sunoo or anything like that, it's just that I'm very disappointed with the actions of the Enhypen members which are a bit too much for me in joking and I hope they can understand that this is not a good joke at all.

• I mean they aren't friends, they are coworkers.

If friends made too many jokes making someone uncomfortable, they can just walk away and break the friendship. So the dynamic here is different.

I do think they need to tone it down.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• even tho it bugs me, I'll just intimidate them with something like "Is that funny to you?" and make my face to be serious and stern.
    And whatever their response is I'll reply with "If you aware, I never make fun of any of your sensitive issues. And I aware of what kind of things that you may find uncomfortable to be laugh of. So, yeah I hope right now you know what my boundaries are"

• Banter jokes, or equally joking each others are normal besties/siblings behavior. And as non-fans, I don't know how closed they are, what kind of friendship they have, ofc especially how Sunoo feel, that's the most important thing. It's such a privacy imo....

But I understand if some people might uncomfortable seeing them joking about weight. Fans coming from different kinds of culture.

• I mean they aren't friends, they are coworkers.

If friends made too many jokes making someone uncomfortable, they can just walk away and break the friendship. So the dynamic here is different.

I do think they need to tone it down.

If they're not friend, it will make it even worse as it's obviously not a friendly joke after all.

• If they're not friend, it will make it even worse as it's obviously not a friendly joke after all.

Kpop groups could be friends but they still need to remember they are also coworkers. They should never cross the professional courtesy line in the name of friendship.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yup, no one will appreciate mean thing like this. And it's not even a hard thing to know yet many still clueless and thought this kind of joke as funny.

• then call out everyone doing the same jokes in kpop. most of ur faves do it. lol. And this like over two months already, u all need to move on. its kinda getting boring already. no one can make u inferior except urself. i think if u have low self esteem , it will really bother u and make u feel bad abt urself. it never bothers me eventhough i was overweight before. It’s a culture thing in SK, and no fans should hv the right to educate their idols. they can always un-stan if it makes them uncomfortable and move one. so much drama over a grp they call irrelevant

Edited once, last by Jackah ().

• then call out everyone doing the same jokes in kpop. most of ur faves do it. lol. And this like over two months already, u all need to move on. its kinda getting boring already. no one can make u inferior except urself. i think if u have low self esteem , it will really bother u and make u feel bad abt urself. it never bothers me eventhough i was overweight before. It’s a culture thing in SK, and no fans should hv the right to educate their idols. they can always un-stan if it makes them uncomfortable and move one. so drama over a grp they call irrelevant

Wow, interesting take, rather than point out what is wrong you just want to side it aside because it's your faves and call it boring? Bodyshaming someone is clearly okay for you. Interesting! The perfect example of kpop over moral we have here. Note you, even my faves doing it, I never backing them because it's clearly wrong. And how you know sunoo have high self esteem like you do? I have been in his position and many others too, lot of us didn't like to be treated like that. Do you have any idea how many idols getting depressed and having this drastic weight loss that not even healthy because people mocking them and call them fat? Jihyo, IU, and Sulli was in that position.

And now sunoo taking break because of health issues. Interesting, right?

• For how long will you be milking this topic? And why is it only Sunoo and Enhypen you're obsessed with? Almost all groups do it, be it weight or skin colour jokes. It's normal in Korea, get a grip already. Funny how Korean engenes don't give a shit because they know it's not bullying (and Sunoo is hella popular there). If they were bullying him, they'd be canceled by Koreans already. Y'all are annoying giving your stupid opinions on a group dynamic with zero knowledge about their relationship.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Wow, interesting take, rather than point out what is wrong you just want to side it aside because it's your faves and call it boring? Bodyshaming someone is clearly okay for you. Interesting! The perfect example of kpop over moral we have here. Note you, even my faves doing it, I never backing them because it's clearly wrong. And how you know sunoo have high self esteem like you do? I have been in his position and many others too, lot of us didn't like to be treated like that. Do you have any idea how many idols getting depressed and having this drastic weight loss that not even healthy because people mocking them and call them fat? Jihyo, IU, and Sulli was in that position.

And now sunoo taking break because of health issues. Interesting, right?

and how sure are u he is taking a break bec of the members he clearly adores & said it many times? did u know those people calling them out over nothing were the one bashing them when engenes tried to reach out to them? when the fb tried to intervene and talked to JK to serve as a bridge between concerned members & intl fans, k- nets are so mad abt it telling the intl fans that they have no right to “ educate them”, haters went after jk who did nothing wrong and they wanted SN out now? after that, sn got sick out of nowhere . the pressure he is getting from his token stans , bullying other members and him just to spread hate are worst.So u see things got worst & the poor guy even got sick cuz u people dont even stop. He is not me nor u. Stop projecting ur insecurities to any idols. Idols are getting depressed not bec some other idols call them fat in jest its bec of the cancel culture so prevalent in this so called woke society. So yeah, ur the reason they are depressed.

• It depends on how close we are and over what exactly. If it was about something like my height, then I'll play along and probably not be bothered. If it's about my acne/dandruff, then no, it's not okay, and was never funny to begin with.

Also, because everyone has such a different concept of what is funny and what is hurtful, communication is always important. Talk with everyone involved and draw boundaries. What kind of jokes are completely fine? What kind of jokes are too far and should never be made? What jokes are fine in moderation? What are we defining as "in moderation"? Who can make what types of jokes? What will happen if someone forgets (in the moment) one of the joking boundaries and goes too far?

I know it may seem silly and like it's too much, but trust me, it will ALWAYS be worth it, and result in much less hurt feelings on both sides. All healthy relationships of any kind (familial, platonic, romantic, co-workers, acquaintances and so on) must have a huge ton of communication involved, and this is an area that requires a lot of it. Don't assume what jokes are and are not okay, always ask the person in question, no matter how sure you are. Better safe than sorry.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!