I think YooA is doing good by doing pre-release MVs, other soloists and groups should also do this in the week before the comeback

• Both the songs sound like they can be a double title track or a less famous soloist's title track

I feel like Jo Yuri or Chaeyeon could have done low budget pre-release MVs as well, and it would have increased the interest for their title tracks. I mean pre-release like in the week before their comeback, not like 1-3 months earlier (e.g. not Chungha's 2 pre-releases for Bicycle/Querencia)

There are a lot of artists coming back in the next weeks of November, if any of them were to do a b-side MV, live ver. of b-side, or performance ver. of B-side right now, all eyes would be on them. YooA did this and she is getting pre-comeback hype. Because any kind of full-length music video is way more interesting than a photo teaser, short film, or merely the crossfade/highlight medley.

like for example I don't listen to Xdinary Heroes but they are even a band, they already know how to play all their b-sides and they don't need a dance, they could do a live ver. of one of the b-sides before their comeback

I think b-side MV should be the part of the new standards of teasers, not saying there shouldn't be concept photos or short video teasers anymore, just that b-side pre-release MVs should be included in the mix more often

Also I know some artists like Itzy, Stray Kids, do b-side MVs closely AFTER the MV, but I think they should do it before instead, as part of the teasers for their comeback. Because if they do it after I feel like no one really cares or knows except for their fans.

• to add onto this, P1Harmony did a 1 minute prologue film, AleXa did a 50s trailer, while I watched both of them, I really think they should just replace it with a b-side MV or something with music even if it's just 1 minute, because more K-pop fans are interested in music

• Lay Low is quite good

I like both, I liked LL better at first because of its electronic influence though

I am kinda tired of those concept photos and teasers. they are boring

They serve their purposes of releasing something new every day to keep reminding people about the comeback, and making people know the individual members of the groups. But a music video would just be more effective in every way, not saying to delete photo teasers, but make a music video the first priority before them

Doing a music video is also better because individual/concept teasers are really disposable after the comeback is over, but a video is always relevant and can attract new fans not just existing ones

• Is usually expensive to do this.

The company saved some money since it looks like they filmed both pre release videos in the same location. And there was not much location or concept changes in the videos.

• Is usually expensive to do this.

The company saved some money since it looks like they filmed both pre release videos in the same location. And there was not much location or concept changes in the videos.

Yeah, I guess it might not financially make sense for artists, even a simple music video or performance video with 1 set needs a large team

• I think KPOP needs to lessen the amount of comebacks per year to 1. 1 year worth of promo on one album with 3 or 4 singles would be amazing

Too many good songs wasted and being promoted right, and its built in the system of kpop listeners where they only listen to the song if there is an MV or called "title track"...

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• I think KPOP needs to lessen the amount of comebacks per year to 1. 1 year worth of promo on one album with 3 or 4 singles would be amazing

Too many good songs wasted and being promoted right, and its built in the system of kpop listeners where they only listen to the song if there is an MV or called "title track"...

So like an entire culture change? (Also, I think this can be a thread of its own)

If they have 4 songs a year wouldn't it be basically perceived the same as 4 comebacks though?

• So like an entire culture change? (Also, I think this can be a thread of its own)

If they have 4 songs a year wouldn't it be basically perceived the same as 4 comebacks though?

Technically they all would be included in the same album so yeah its like 4 comebacks, but with only 1 photo shoot for the album (most groups already different vibes for shoots, each one could be linked to a song) , only 1 album, Give big MVs for like 2 singles, others a smaller scale one or performance videos, and if there is a ballad an acoustic or lyric video. And then with the last single release the album with bonus songs to a minimum 8 song album. And the next comeback would be a year after wrapping their promos. Give Idols resting periods + periods to work on their individual brand

New Jeans did something similar and look how 3 of their songs went viral with the public. Its a great strategy imo and I wish it would be implemented more

I mean thats just how I see it as a great way of promoting, while giving many songs their deserved highlight

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• Technically they all would be included in the same album so yeah its like 4 comebacks, but with only 1 photo shoot for the album (most groups already different vibes for shoots, each one could be linked to a song) , only 1 album, Give big MVs for like 2 singles, others a smaller scale one or performance videos, and if there is a ballad an acoustic or lyric video. And then with the last single release the album with bonus songs to a minimum 8 song album. And the next comeback would be a year after wrapping their promos. Give Idols resting periods + periods to work on their individual brand

New Jeans did something similar and look how 3 of their songs went viral with the public. Its a great strategy imo and I wish it would be implemented more

I mean thats just how I see it as a great way of promoting, while giving many songs their deserved highlight

I don't see how NJ is similar, isn't what they did simply debuting with 2 MVs/2 titles (like BP). Or is the similar thing that they promoted 3 songs and not just the title, so people got a better idea of their music outside of just 1 title song.

I think the idea makes sense to prevent wastage of songs though, but one possible issue is that if the album a group releases is just a "repackage" of 4-5 old songs and maybe 4 new ones, people might be less interested in buying it than an album of all completely new songs, since they feel like it isn't adding them as much value

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!