Do you think kpop MVs should include trigger warning?

• A while ago I came across a debate on twitter on Key's Gasline MV. Some people felt its too flashy and at it the beginning it should include trigger warning for neurodivergent individuals.

Do you think flashy MVs should Include trigger warnings?

personally I think trigger warnings should be kept for media materials that are longer in duration and you have to pay for them like Movies. For MVs, they are free and under 5 min. People can just close the tab. There is no way to include trigger warnings for every individual needs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh, that's a good point about the flashing, but I feel like if there was flashing you can just pause it immediately

yeah thats what I think

you play the MVs on personal devices, you can stop and exit the MV at your wish

we cant have the same expectation as movies warning from them

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Usually not; however, some music videos have an obscene amount of flashing lights like Sugar Free's music video which I think a flashing lights warning could be needed (Gasoline defo didn't need it). I went to school with a girl who had quite bad epilepsy and she didn't put herself in a position to possibly trigger a seizure if she could help it like not watching movies or videos in class (I wasn't in too many classes with her but I believe she just put her head down and listened if it was necessary information). We can't cater to every individual person's needs or medical conditions, so it's usually not important.

tumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo4_400.gifvtumblr_osguhaDV7t1sk2kqwo2_400.gifvtumblr_orv24i3K1Q1ssnf1qo1_400.gifv

t-αrα | kαrα | wσnhσ | mírαє | dríppín | ívє | crαvítч | thє вσчz | вαє173 | trєndz | ítzч | чσunítє | wєí | nínє.í | shínєє | dkz

• I don't know is it because I'm boomer or whatever, but it feels like people complain about every single thing these days

Like someone could walk into a lamppost and people will complain why there wasn't a warning sign for the lamppost

for some reason everyone expects every piece of media out there to be made with their individual needs and wants in mind

• They should not watch kpop videos, they all tend to be very flashy.

• Well... I don't have epilepsy, so I feel like I can't say anything about that.

I remember that there was this sad music video that I refused to re-watch because I was grieving someone's death and one thing in the music video reminded me of that thing that happened to them.

Whether or not, I would want it to have a trigger warning, I don't know. But the video is 10 years old, so it would kind of be "too late".

BTW I'm not grieving anymore.

• I don't know is it because I'm boomer or whatever, but it feels like people complain about every single thing these days

Like someone could walk into a lamppost and people will complain why there wasn't a warning sign for the lamppost

I relate to this.

I feel like society has become obsessed with every little thing catering to every single person's individual and unique situation.

At some point it becomes..... Tedious.

One day I expect we will have warning labels for the warning labels.

• Yes, I think they should. It takes two seconds after shouting about it’s a wahoo production or whatever to slap a quick “flashing lights warning” on the screen. It doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of the MV but it could help someone else so I don’t see it as a big deal to add it on. Alternatively, they could tuck it in the credits blurb on YT and put the onus on people to check them and see if there are any content warnings.

I know people like to be edgy and complain about today’s people or younger people and their expectations and how tHeY wAnT eVerYthINg sPeCiaL sIgH, but I look at it differently: why is it an issue with trying to be more inclusive and accessible when possible? Like why is it a bad thing to consider that? Cuz it’s a few extra steps?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

oddly specific icy...who came off worse? the lamppost or icy

• Trigger warnings are for mental health issues, not neurological issues. What you're talking about are strobe/flashing light warnings, which help people with epilepsy, migraines, and etc. avoid potentially dangerous situations.

Speaking personally, strong flashing lights can give me migraines that cause fog and aphasia, meaning that for up to a few hours I may be dazed, confused, and have trouble reading, writing, talking, and generally communicating. As such, I always really appreciate a warning if there's going to be a large amount of strong flashing going on in a video.

The flashing in Key's Gasoline gets a little borderline in spots, but it seems generally unlikely to cause serious problems for people (though a moderate flashing warning can't hurt). The worst kpop video I've seen by far is TXT's Frost performance video. T-ARA's Sugar Free is pretty bad too.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!