Will a coalition against BTS be viable?

• The Kingdoms of Europe formed 7 coalitions against Revolutionary France.

At that time (1800),

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…ies_by_population_in_1800

France was the most populous European countries, with 47 million people. (The figure in the wikipedia article is misleading because the "British Empire" includes territories in India, which was not fully incorporated into Britain until 1857.)

Russia had 35 mil, Holy Roman Empire (Austria) had 29 Mil, Turkey had 26 mil, Spain had 24 mil, Britain (and Ireland) had 15 mil and Prussia had 10 mil. (Joseon (which I spell Chosun) is Korea; it had more people than Britain and Prussia back then.)

So, it was a coalition of France, which had 47 mil, vs Russia+Austria+Britain+Spain+Prussia+some other smaller countries, 103 mil.

However, the coalition against France was unstable, and it was only the stern resolution of Britain to destroy the French Revolution, no matter what the cost, which destroyed the revolution in the end and concluded with the restoration of the Bourbons who were worse than before.

===

BTS became the recording artist of 2020.

he is met by

Taylor Swift

Drake

The Weeknd

Billie Eilish

Eminem

Post Malone

Ariana Grande

Juice WRLD

Justin Bieber.

Juice WRLD is deceased so he can't form a coalition, so I nominate my favorite subject, who is basically the only one still standing against BTS in Korea.

Why the singers of the world are not forming a coalition against BTS to dethrone it?

you might think my post as 'Why the world's famous singers do not collaborate with IU to weaken BTS"? but since IU knows how the Korean music industry operates much better than these world figures, she is the most viable ally these singers might seek help with. Post Malone had followed IU's instagram but nothing further had happened; if he wants to dethrone BTS he should sing something with its biggest domestic contender , in my opinion.

During the earlier part of French Revolution, Dumouriez, a French general, defeated the Prussians in an important battle to stop the Germans from destroying the Revolutionary France. However, he didn't like Napoleon so he moved to England and served an advisor to the British to help to destroy the French Empire. Quite a few French exiles helped England to fight Bonaparte as well.

IU has a history of forming coalitions to fight SM, and finally subjugated it on 2018. I wonder why foreign singers do not do anything to check BTS' advances by forming a coalition to block its ways. And I wonder why they do not seek the help of the one singer in Korea BTS has not subjugated.

• :akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns: :akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns:

:akorns::akorns::akorns: ACORNS FOR DAYZ :akorns::akorns::akorns:

:akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns::akorns:

𝙮𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙤𝙣

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FlashyPleasantAmericancicada-size_restricted.gif

:pepe-toast::pepeflushed::pepe-toast:

• OP did you miss this one?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• OT, their labels won't let them, not when BTS makes more money for them than their own full time signed artists do. Columbia Records/Sony's biggest cash cow is BTS. UMG Japan makes so much money off of BTS that BTS were UMG's top 5 revenue generating artist too. And now UMG is in multiple partnerships with Big Hit especially the one to make a global boy group. If BTS continues to be successful, they can hope for some support from BTS' ever growing fanbase for their new boy group.

So basically BTS is making so much money for the industry and their growth continues to increase the size of the pie for everyone that none of the big labels are gonna try to block them. The music industry benefits as BTS grows even bigger in size. They are a money making juggernaut.

• OT, their labels won't let them, not when BTS makes more money for them than their own full time signed artists do. Columbia Records/Sony's biggest cash cow is BTS. UMG Japan makes so much money off of BTS that BTS were UMG's top 5 revenue generating artist too. And now UMG is in multiple partnerships with Big Hit especially the one to make a global boy group. If BTS continues to be successful, they can hope for some support from BTS' ever growing fanbase for their new boy group.

So basically BTS is making so much money for the industry and their growth continues to increase the size of the pie for everyone that none of the big labels are gonna try to block them. The music industry benefits as BTS grows even bigger in size. They are a money making juggernaut.

Beautifully said :froghype:

BTS can't really be compared to a single fixed country at this point, the analogy doesn't work because their revolution isn't undermining the status quo like the French Revolution was seen to be doing, it's actually making the rich RICHER and teaching them new ways to engage with fandoms and creating long-lasting acts in the streaming era.

Their whole using artists as IPs so they don't have to be involved in everything but still make money is genius, and other companies are picking it up FAST.

People didn't want to be saved from music's oppression, they just wanted more authenticity, ingenuity and engagement.

• No need. A Boy band's heyday, no matter how big, last about 5 years. While it could be argued it began in 2016, I personally believe BTS phenomenon began in 2017 so by 2022, they will go the way of one direction and nsync.

Now if they do last that long, well..

• No need. A Boy band's heyday, no matter how big, last about 5 years. While it could be argued it began in 2016, I personally believe BTS phenomenon began in 2017 so by 2022, they will go the way of one direction and nsync.

Things have changed and a new challenger for BTS is most likely to be built in , out of all companies, Big Hit. So UMG would be more likely a successor to BTS

So basically the labels have been conquered by BTS and the money it makes. Which means there would be no coalition; then it does mean the game has changed for ever in favor of Big Hit.

• Things have changed and a new challenger for BTS is most likely to be built in , out of all companies, Big Hit. So UMG would be more likely a successor to BTS

Hard to tell but I guarantee somebody important in the US is pissed off about this and only a matter of time before they do something about.

• So basically the labels have been conquered by BTS and the money it makes. Which means there would be no coalition; then it does mean the game has changed for ever in favor of Big Hit.

For as long as BTS does not disband, yes.

• Hard to tell but I guarantee somebody important in the US is pissed off about this and only a matter of time before they do something about.

Why would they be pissed? Aren't you contradicting yourself when you estimated BTS has only 2 years of life left? So by that logic no one would need to do anything as BTS would perish themselves.

Except that the reasons leading to Nsync and One Direction's disbandement don't exist for BTS. Obviously others might appear, but they have complete control over their music, are free to develop solo projects, actually like working together, and their success is entirely sustained by their hardcore fanbase.

That's a very different position from any boys' band - or even artist - in history imo.

Thank you!! I was waiting for gloomy kpoppies prediction tbh

Kpoppies/Apoppies said:

No music show win - then they did

No daesang - then they did

No topping BB200 - then they did

No topping BBHot100 - then they did

No winning major music awards - then they did

I’m was waiting for this to invoke the BTS karma. Lasting and legendary artist, here we come. Thanks dear :)

• Hard to tell but I guarantee somebody important in the US is pissed off about this and only a matter of time before they do something about.

I don't know how close attention you paid for the last 4 years but the labels WERE pissed, and the way they were treated, backburnered, and the other kpop groups they tried to hype shows they saw BTS as a threat. Look at how they're a top three best selling artist in the US and had a top 5 hit but aren't nominated in a single main grammy catagory - the industry was still gatekeeping the hell out of them through 2020.

Billboard and variety, both industry puppets, were always shanking and underplaying BTS. 'trying to do something about these upstarts" was the name of the game for a very long time.

That's the old era, however, and now that BH makes UMG & Columbia tons of money and has signed huge deals with UMG (the biggest current player), now they're bound to make huge money forever.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and BH is officially big enough now bc of BTS to be worth joining.

No need. A Boy band's heyday, no matter how big, last about 5 years. While it could be argued it began in 2016, I personally believe BTS phenomenon began in 2017 so by 2022, they will go the way of one direction and nsync.

As amalyas pointed out, that doesn't really work as a parallel.

One Direction and nsync did not have in-group producers/songwriters/lyricists, weren't famous for their artistry, they each had 1-2 members that were much MUCh more popular than others to the point 2-3 were literally seen as filler, neither were teams of creators, solos were NEVER part of their makeup, their discogs did not get any respect, and honestly they were never seen as 'artists'.

The closest parallels to BTS truly are the Beatles for that reason. Their ability and future as creators is almost limitless, and unlike the Beatles each one has a credible ability to become independently extremely successful outside their identity as BTS.

Also the idea they're going to fade when 2021 their numbers are STILL exploding is... entertaining.

That’s the difference between BTS and these bands. BTS fan demographics is that over 70% are 20 years above. That kinda fandom will never fall outF2562B98-DEC1-4307-833C-EA3346A10607.png

• Why would they be pissed? Aren't you contradicting yourself when you estimated BTS has only 2 years of life left? So by that logic no one would need to do anything as BTS would perish themselves.

2 years is still a long time, my friend.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!