Comment your ult

• Stray Kids

1. One of the things I love about them the most is how much they believe in their music. They are aware about what people say about them and the advices about which musical route how they should go and they don't care, because they are confident in their music.

2. I think It's nice how much dedication and passion they put in their work. Be It producing or performing. They will always perform in every stage as It's their last and they are always worried about improving and developing new skills. You can tell the 8 of them are living their dream and going all in for it.

3. I've said It many times, but I love how humble they are when It comes to value every single achievement they get. It can be an "irrelevant" award in an "irrelevant" show (through K-pop fans' point of view) and they will be very thankful, freaking out on bubble and vlive and talking about it for days like If they were rookies getting the 1st win. That's lovely.

Overall, It's all connected. Apart from their music, their skills and their personalities that are obvious mentions, cause otherwise I wouldn't stan, their love for their music is really special.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Oh okay. Hmmm... :/

I'm not expecting anyone else to mention 4minute so let's do them!

Gayoon -

Animated gif about 4minute in gayoon by Private User

• Her Resiliency: She was dropped from SM Ent after being a trainee for over 5 years and still continue to audition for other companies. She still went on to do OSTs and TV Shows after being kicked from Cube Entertainment when they tricked everyone (including HyunA) into thinking all renewals were going well only to drop everyone but Hyuna.
    • Her kindness: Even when upset with Hyuna still being with Cube after being dropped she made it a point to not encourage or endorse people attacking her former member, and was quoted as admitting to almost being dropped from 4minute's lineup because she was too nice and seemed too innocent for 4M.
    • Her Vocals: I mean she was the most powerful vocalist in the group as far as range, she is a crisp and clear vocalist, with a powerful boasting voice for such a tiny person. Her breath control is insane even back when she was rookie.
      External Content youtu.be
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Hatsune-Ning-x-2-Sig.png

• Everglow Mia if you're referring to ult idol

She's an all-rounder and one of the most talented 4th gen idols in my opinion

She works hard and always gives her 100% in all performances

And is fierce on stage but super loveable IRL

I love her and think she deserves way more appreciation

out of service

• Gayoon -

Animated gif about 4minute in gayoon by Private User

• Her Resiliency: She was dropped from SM Ent after being a trainee for over 5 years and still continue to audition for other companies. She still went on to do OSTs and TV Shows after being kicked from Cube Entertainment when they tricked everyone (including HyunA) into thinking all renewals were going well only to drop everyone but Hyuna.
    • Her kindness: Even when upset with Hyuna still being with Cube after being dropped she made it a point to not encourage or endorse people attacking her former member, and was quoted as admitting to almost being dropped from 4minute's lineup because she was too nice and seemed too innocent for 4M.
    • Her Vocals: I mean she was the most powerful vocalist in the group as far as range, she is a crisp and clear vocalist, with a powerful boasting voice for such a tiny person. Her breath control is insane even back when she was rookie.
      External Content youtu.be
      Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
      Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whoop loved this. Especially the information on her journey. 4minute disbanded when I had just gotten into kpop so except their more popular songs and Hyuna I don't know much about the group or it's members.

• Whoop loved this. Especially the information on her journey. 4minute disbanded when I had just gotten into kpop so except their more popular songs and Hyuna I don't know much about the group or it's members.

OHH if you want recommendations let me know I will make you a playlist! :brown-heart::brown-heart::brown-heart:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Hatsune-Ning-x-2-Sig.png

• VIXX

1. I like some of their b-sides

2. Leo/Ken's singing

3. Concert performances

Actually this is funny because I don't like their music that much but there are very few groups where I like both their titles and b-sides.

• Yes please :green-heart: A playlist would be great :blue-heart: :orange-heart: (we've gotten new hearts!)

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Hatsune-Ning-x-2-Sig.png

• Thank you :send-love-bunny: Will make sure to listen to it later

• Groups:

I think my ult groups for the exact same reasons. LOL

EXO

- Exceptional vocals

It was the first thing that brought me to EXO and something that always brings me into and connects me to music. The main vocalists are not only some of the best in kpop but phenomenal vocalists outside of kpop too. Although the Holy Trinity (justifiably) gets all the attention, the other members also have outstanding vocals - even the rappers. It's a testament to their excellence that they can all have thriving solo careers.

- Peerless music

It's said that EXO has one of the best discographies in kpop and the songs are impeccable. Great music that makes such great melodies and combinations of its outstanding vocalists.

- Performance precision

There's an elegance and sophistication to EXO's performances that also highlights their ability to command a performance. Yes, there's one of the best dancers in kpop in Kai, but the group's performance abilities go beyond choreo skills - they command a stage, whether it's dance, vocal or presence.

NCT

- Outstanding and diverse music

From the famous "NCT Noise" to the jazz-inflected Dancing in the Rain to classic melodic R&B to powerful rap to bright bop to club bangers, NCT has it all and that's just in one sub-unit! There's a combination of phenomenal vocalists and gifted rappers that play a key role to the astonishingly wide discography. It's underappreciated but I'm beginning to feel it's one of the best in kpop: it is continually surprising and interesting and well executed.

- Amazing vocals

The vocals are stunning and gorgeous with an embarrassment of riches - a sub-vocalist in NCT could be a vocalist in another unit. From the rich power of Taeil to the aching tenderness of Renjun to the emotional thunder of Xiaojun to the soaring melancholy of Doyoung, there is such a beautiful range of voices in the group. Even the rappers have fine and pretty singing voices! I love the way they use the colors of the different voices to paint different melodies and styles across songs.

- Powerful performances

It has been a joy to watch NCT sub-units through the years - their choreo is some of the hardest and most complex in the industry, trend-setting and often imitated, but watching their performance skills continue to grow and diverge where I can see clear differences in the style of the dancers and the units, I love it.

(I adore the personalities and relationships of both of these groups but you asked for three things and the music and performances are more important to me than the rest.)

Purple Kiss

- Outstanding vocals

Like the other two groups, this is a group where even the rappers have great voices. I love the strength and elegance of the vocal line, and the way the different voices are used to create unique melodies.

- Great, diverse music

Like NCT, Purki has a range of styles: emotional power ballads, emo rock, sultry r&b, bright pop. And like NCT, it doesn't always work, but I appreciate the range and so much of it is well written (often by the members) and produced to highlight the vocals and Yuki's strong rap.

- Dynamic performances

I love to watch this group - they are dynamic and engaging in every performance with bold choreography and high energy.

This is already really long (of course) so I won't do my ult idols. ^^

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• No worries. Love long answers. I’m actually a little curious if your reason for choosing bias is as consistent as your ult groups.

All about vocals, music and performance. Sounds about right.

Honestly think this goes for most fans (maybe except the vocals) but what type of music and performance you’re drawn to varies from individual to individual.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!