Is Wonyoung the biggest non Big 3 It Girl of all time?

• I think she is. If we aren't counting soloists like Lee Hyori and IU.

Seolhyun was big with men (rightfully so. Mama is HOT), but after her dating thing, and all of her other back to back image issues, she lost a lot of that hype.

Wonyoung is big with women, and women are the "tastemakers" as they say. You really blow up if you can appeal to women. Having both demographics is good, but if I had to choose, I'd choose women since they're the ones who spend the money.

The only other people I can think of are Hyuna (she was a big 3 girl until redebuting), Jiyeon (the scandal really did a blow on her popularity), Hyeri and Hani (I think Wonyoung will have bigger peak than those two).

Wonyoung is already gearing up to be the next Suzy, so if she keeps on this route, she will only get bigger.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• So right about Seolhyun. Shes the hottest girl of all time to me. But I knew something was missing with her popularity but I couldn't put a finger on it but you just did. Women. Female fans hold all the power.

• In S.Korea - All Time - nope.. that is still IU.

I am with those who set Soju modelling as the stamp of 'It-ness' in S.Korea, or at least a major alcohol brand. And that can be done only when the girl turns 21.

For now the digimon is also the It-mon, the model for the largest Soju brand in S.Korea for the longest time, others nowhere close - IU for Chamiseul, think 7 years. 2015-2022, except 2019 when Irene did it.

But if asking for 4th gen, then yes Wonyoung seems to be the potential IT girl more than anyone else.

And if asking for outside Korea as well, including Big 3, then it is without doubt Jennie.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• One of but it's a little early. She still has a long way to go but in my honest honest opinion I see her being either as popular or even more popular in four years

out of service

• lee hyori used to be in a group but idk if she was super popular during her girl group days

• It's too early to call WY the It girl. If we talk about the It girl from non big 3 (idol version), i will say hwasa. She is one of the It girls who doesn't follow korean standard and that's what make it more amazing

• She is the it girl whether people like it or not! She is pulling brand deals left and right and companies are literally fighting over her to be the face of their brands. She has gotten brand deals held by previous it girls (Yoona/mui mui). Her Instagram was open last year may and she racked up 5.7 million followers. Ive is breaking records and more deals are about to come in.

• Whats the reason to not include iu ???🤔 Afaik She is not from big 3 and She is a girl .

I think it's IU.

Why we should leave out of this conversations? IU is the IT girl of Korea nad she's not from big3. Besides IU there are Nana and Hwasa, whom I consider more well-known and popular in Korea, than WY.

WY is definetely popular among teenager girls, but time will tell if she can sustain her position.

Probably the usual myopia because IU is not in a group, she is not an idol, she is not k-pop etc..

IU as the model of the largest soju company for unprecedented 7 years.. Is the iconic it girl.

Hyori, Naeun, Hyeri, Hwasa, Nana, Arin, Seolhyun are others. But none come close to IU.

Even including Big 3,

IU probably can't be matched in Korea - Yoona, Suzy are her peers, Irene fizzled after a spike.

Only internationally, Jennie rules.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!