People are complaining that BLACKPINK’s new video appears when they type ‘BTS’ on YouTube

• OP: If you type ‘BTS’ on YouTube, BLACKPINK’s new video will appear If-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-1-1024x478.jpg

YG has been posting BLACKPINK’s new video in the search term ‘BTS’ since 2017 If-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-2-1024x597.jpg

And YG uses “BTS” to media play every time BLACKPINK makes a comeback If-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-3.jpgIf-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-4-1024x657.jpgIf-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-5.jpgIf-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-6.jpgIf-you-type-BTS-on-YouTube-BLACKPINKs-new-video-will-appear-7.png

[+374, -104]

1. [+256, -10] It appeared because you watched a lot of BLACKPINK’s videosㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+249, -12] It depends on each person, this is when I type ‘BLACKPINK’ on YouTube 2.jpeg

3. [+241, -6] No, then Kim Jong Kook will also appear, so why are you posting this?ㅋㅋ 3-1-473x1024.png

4. [+182, -48] If you type ‘BTS’, a new BLACKPINK song will come out immediately…? But if you type ‘BLACKPINK’, you won’t see BTS

5. [+47, -8] Hul, this is crazy, I searched for ‘BTS’ and ‘Pink Venom’ MV came out

Original post (1)

• The algorithm at work. The more people talk about the fact that Pink Venom comes up when you search it and the more people who watch Pink Venom while searching for BTS will only make the algorithm tie them together more and more for the moment. The same thing happened with Girls and everyone was claiming it was SM manipulating the results when after that died down, they were unlinked.

Searching for BTS I get Dynamite and Yet to Come as the first 2 results. This is their most popular (iirc) and probably the video getting the most engagement on average. Then I get Suga's vlog and then the latest episode of Run BTS which are both marked as new uploads. Then I get Pink Venom as the 5th result and then BTS performing One More Day from some rando account followed by the latest episode of &Audition. (I also have a BTS - Butter inspired ASMR video because I watch ASMR videos.)

When I search Blackpink my first two results are Pink Venom and D4. Then I get Jaehyun's Forever Only as the 3rd result (which I've been watching A LOT, but I also know there are a lot of Blinkzens) and NewJeans Hype Boy as the 4th result (which I have not watched, but lots of gg stans are multis). Then I get a reaction to Pink Venom from a channel I've never heard of, but I assume that people who watch the two reactions channel as I do also watch it. The 6th result is a kpop hot take video titled "Pink Venom was TERRIBLE" which I assume is being watched by people who have watched the MV.

• That's just how youtube works, with any video.

for example, i just searched up nct and I only got three videos down before i got something titled the "worse voices in kpop"

people need to start doing their research before they speak on stuff.

• I just had to make a post about this. I noticed this too OP. I have BP blocked but they still show up in my searches for BTS. What is even stranger to me is when I was searching for the YTC livestream, it would not come up in my searches. I had to got to the channel to find it. I even got ads for the BP PV livestream. The YT algorithm is cracked. I have other channels blocked but I never have this problem with them. You aren’t delusional because it does happen.

• Screenshot_2022-07-02-05-58-35-548_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Nothing more annoying than these, expecting blackpink to have these banner too because youtube short exclusive, i hope.

I just had to make a post about this. I noticed this too OP. I have BP blocked but they still show up in my searches for BTS. What is even stranger to me is when I was searching for the YTC livestream, it would not come up in my searches. I had to got to the channel to find it. I even got ads for the BP PV livestream. The YT algorithm is cracked. I have other channels blocked but I never have this problem with them. You aren’t delusional because it does happen.

IMG_20220821_220955.jpg

• Because they are secret Black Pink fans?

They probably hate listen to them so youtube puts them on the recommendation.

Here is what I get, 4th and 5th are Twice and Black Pink (I scrolled down to take the screen shot).

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• I got girls generation 3rd on the list when i typed in blackpink... weird.. who even knows how the algorithms work

This is what I get for blackpink, 5th option is so lol.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• The 6th result is a kpop hot take video titled "Pink Venom was TERRIBLE" which I assume is being watched by people who have watched the MV.

Is it from a youtuber called 'sultry film'?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!