[SMTOWN CONCERT BUT ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS] i hate how SM treat the older group once they have the new popular & trendy group

• SNSD are literally bending over backwards to do the promotions they are doing with the limited about of time they have between their lives/careers.

• have you watched the concert?

because if you watched it, then you should understand that SM really cares about their old artists and they showed so much respect toward them on the concert.

i watched all the performances but not the full show

and this is not a serious thread lol like im just expressing my frustration and missing the old group performing their classic hits

i saw the clip of sooman cheering on snsd too

• frankly I think this time they honored their legacy artists more

Over the past couple of years they have actually improved on how they promote their older artists by a huge margin.

To me it seems like those who were getting the best deal, see the more balanced opportunities as mistreatment.

To me as a shawol who always got the short end of the stick, recent changes are a big improvement.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• it's not a SM old artists problem, It's an EXO problem

Nothing surprises me anymore :pepe-shrug:

actually I’m quite satisfied with the concert. Exo had 5 members performed. So that’s like 5 Exo songs which is almost equal to the time and even more than some of the artist had. It’s just that it’s solos and not group which makes it seem lacking but I’m happy stans of other group got exposed to their solo. They are each standing on their own. Each one of them have their own album to perform. The only complain I have is Sehun.

• actually I’m quite satisfied with the concert. Exo had 5 members performed. So that’s like 5 Exo songs which is almost equal to the time and even more than some of the artist had. It’s just that it’s solos and not group which makes it seem lacking but I’m happy stans of other group got exposed to their solo. They are each standing on their own. Each one of them have their own album to perform. The only complain I have is Sehun.

I don't have anything to complain about the existence of the solo stages, but I really would like at least 1 or 2 group performances. Not only for Sehun, but Chen hasn't performed with them for some time. If they were able to perform group songs for their anniversary fanmeeting with less members, why not?

But, well, maybe It was their own choice, so in this case I'd have to respect.

• Eh? Generally speaking, I would agree that SM treats older artists poorly, with very short promotion periods wedged into larger groups. But I thought SMTOWN was really well balanced. The audience were primarily NCTzens but they seemed to cheer robustly for all of the performers and sang along with the classics.

I watched the full show and the legacy artists had substantial space in the show, with time for multiple songs from groups SuJu, SNSD and TVXQ PLUS solo performances from members. I too was disappointed not to see Sehun or an EXO full group but I also don't know if that was EXO's decision, the same way SHINee have made it clear that they will not perform as a group if members are in the military.

Either way - the time is actually well distributed across the groups. Maybe it didn't feel that way because many of the older groups are also soloists, so their song time is split between group and solo songs. Like RV had two songs but then Wendy and Joy also had a separate song. The younger groups don't have soloists so maybe it made it feel like they had more songs?

5 songs:

TVXQ - 3 group + 2 solos

Super junior - all group

EXO - all solos

4 songs:

RV - 2 group + 2 solos

SNSD - 2 group + 2 solos

3 songs:

aespa - all group

Shinee - all solos

2 songs:

NCT 127 - all group

NCT Dream - all group

WayV - all group

1 song:

NCT (all unit) - all group

combinations:

Raiden + NCT Xiaojun - 1 song

NCT + aespa - 1 song

Got the beat (boa + SNSD + Rv + aespa) - 1 song

SM Rookies + NCT SHotaro - 1 song (dance sequence not a full song)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Shinee had 3 songs not 5

2 for Key 1 for Minho

They will have more in Tokyo when Onew joins them

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oops. I'll update my post. I thought Key had more songs!

He did bad love in the first segment and then gasoline for the ending segment

• actually I’m quite satisfied with the concert. Exo had 5 members performed. So that’s like 5 Exo songs which is almost equal to the time and even more than some of the artist had. It’s just that it’s solos and not group which makes it seem lacking but I’m happy stans of other group got exposed to their solo. They are each standing on their own. Each one of them have their own album to perform. The only complain I have is Sehun.

Tbh me too I’m not really disappointed except for the fact that sehun didn’t get to perform.

I think EXO are also musically at a place where they want to enforce their solo artist image a bit and they’ll comeback to being a group when they’re ready.

Anyway SM does a lot of shit wrong kekeke but that’s a broader conversation outside of SM town.

• Tbh me too I’m not really disappointed except for the fact that sehun didn’t get to perform.

I think EXO are also musically at a place where they want to enforce their solo artist image a bit and they’ll comeback to being a group when they’re ready.

Anyway SM does a lot of shit wrong kekeke but that’s a broader conversation outside of SM town.

honestly having a group comeback every year, even if it's unpromoted, will help their image and build their solo fandom more than only being a solo artist. Having an ifanbase is bigger than ever and ifans are far more interested in members of active groups. Look at the difference in Taeyeon's album sales vs. Blackpink/Nayeon, despite her being a much bigger solo artist with the GP than either of them.

• I remember SM also had another popular girl group from back in the day that everyone forgot to invite. Was it Sugar? No not quite as old as them. The Grace? No they were a different style from them. Damn who was it I'm thinking of??

• honestly having a group comeback every year, even if it's unpromoted, will help their image and build their solo fandom more than only being a solo artist. Having an ifanbase is bigger than ever and ifans are far more interested in members of active groups. Look at the difference in Taeyeon's album sales vs. Blackpink/Nayeon, despite her being a much bigger solo artist with the GP than either of them.

Sales aren’t coming majorly from Korea let alone GP lol why would taeyeon have sales. Taeyeon is no where close to nayeon or blackpink solo’s popularity.nor was SNSD internationally. Because it was a different time.

No I don’t think having comebacks post enlistment is going help much with solo album sales.

If EXO was active full group in 2019/20/21 they would have garnered bigger numbers. But older groups are stunted because they debuted at a different time.

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “i hate how SM treat the older group once they have the new popular & trendy group” to “[SMTOWN CONCERT BUT ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS] i hate how SM treat the older group once they have the new popular & trendy group”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!