BlackPink will mostly have Arena tours ... in Korea someone else has a bigger concert

• Part of BlackPink's concert schedules have been revealed

Not all locations have been revealed but only Malaysia and Indonesia have stadium tours. The rest appear to be arena tours.

36 days of arena tours = 720,000

Plus 4 days of Stadium tours = 240,000

About 1 million. Given YG is known to have higher prices, it will probably collect $150,000,000 - $180,000,000 from this super concerts.

Good for YG. Still it leaves a shadow which is not small.

I expected BlackPink to outdo a Strange Creature and try for a concert in the Olympic Stadium. (The Gochuck is unavailable because it is baseball playoff season in Korea)

But it returns to the Gymnastics (Kspo Dome).

It beat the Strange Creature to the KSPO dome in 2018, but this time it does not outdo the Creature.

BlackPink's new album is released one day before the Creature's concert . Among the i-fans the former event will be talked about a lot more often.

It seems is K-O-R-E-A is the only country where the Creature is more popular than BlackPink, and I do think YG could have been more aggressive, like he always was, by outdoing the Creature but it seems even he thought that was too risky.

• You said it yourself, the other venues are booked around that day, yg probably wanted to book the next bigger one. And about others stadium, its definitely the Asian leg and part of the NA leg

• However venom-ous, snakes have nothing on the mongoose 8o

Of the big companies, I think YGE artists have the best rapport with the creature - Bigbang, Psy, AKMU.

Though BP has not had a chance to collaborate, but have expressed ample filial duty, particularly Park Chaeyoung.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• like someone said other venues were booked

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Agencies, I am sure, spend a lot of effort figuring out how much audience they can pull in each location.

And they will always book venues which is smaller than that estimate, to create an impression of demand, rather than book venues which have empty sections.

Do you think GG agencies weren't aware of Jamsil Olympic main for the past 20 years or so?

So the obvious answer is that none of the GG managers and most of the BG managers, know that they won't be able to sell out Jamsil.

GGs like Blackpink will sell out stadiums in other countries, for few reasons,

#1. They are more popular in those countries, compared to Korea

#2. Kpop is still a scarcity therefore in higher demand, than in Korea, where it is taken for granted.

#3. Korea does not have as strong a concert going culture as other countries.

So it is incorrect to compare BPs other events with what they can do in Korea.

I think even IU went for it, only after her 5th gen membership showed evidence that they can sell out.

Of course dates and availability are other factors.

Overall YGE is assured of better profits and success doing BP tours outside Korea, than in Korea itself.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• I counted the dates myself

21 days in 2022

16 days in 2023

37 days total

It says 'More' but probably at most 2-4 and possibly an encore concert in Korea

• However venom-ous, snakes have nothing on the mongoose 8o

Of the big companies, I think YGE artists have the best rapport with the creature - Bigbang, Psy, AKMU.

Though BP has not had a chance to collaborate, but have expressed ample filial duty, particularly Park Chaeyoung.

Jisoo did see the Creature in 'Producers' and they all felt her presence at 2018

• like someone said other venues were booked

External Content twitter.com

So the renovation starts just after IU has her concert

YG should have planned ahead

• We do know BP beat IU to the Gymnastics because YG wanted BP to become the first idol who entere the Gymnastics Arena (which is true).

However, after all these circus YG himself and his singers went thru, he probably gave more power to his younger brother Yang Minsuk, who decided to be a bit more prudent with the size of concerts.

I personally think Kakao won't allow such sized concert to IU in the future. The decision was made when IU was the owner of Edam, and I am sure a bunch of stuff, like IU being allowed to have the concert at the big venue, was agreed when she sold the controlling share of Edam back to Kakao.

It seems BP is moving on to become a truly international act.

• Seems K-fans are complaining about the cost of tickets to the concert.

What would expect from YG? They probably checked the prices Psy and IU set for their concerts and decided to add a premium to it

IN fact some people think Psy and IU had set their ticket prices too low because demand on them were high. I now do agree that BTS, Psy and IU do not set insane prices to their ticks as a service to their fans, but YG's philosophy is that the fans will come no matter what the price is.

• That's like 140 bucks. Is this really that egregious? I thought this was a common price for cheap seats.

Frankly speaking, YG can charge $500/seat and there will still be people. It is just that some acts choose to charge relatively lower prices to their tickets, but it is the company's decision to set prices

• That's like 140 bucks. Is this really that egregious? I thought this was a common price for cheap seats.

depends on the venue. For the gymnasium (KSPO Dome), those seats typically go for like ₩100K. They also complained about the ₩260K VIP tickets that included soundcheck. Some knetz brought up VIP ticket prices for recent concerts like ₩199K for GOT7 and ₩220K for BTS. YG likely jacked up the prices to compensate for the fact that they could only book the gym.

• depends on the venue. For the gymnasium (KSPO Dome), those seats typically go for like ₩100K. They also complained about the ₩260K VIP tickets that included soundcheck. Some knetz brought up VIP ticket prices for recent concerts like ₩199K for GOT7 and ₩220K for BTS. YG likely jacked up the prices t compensate for the fact that they could only book the gym.

Probably coming on the heels of IU concert ticket prices, this puts BP-YGE as greedy grubbers.

Not that it would matter to the fans, they should have enough to pay that and more.

BP's image is anyway that of rich fashionistas "Crazy Rich Asian" types.

So will gel with that.

• well considering IU's VIP ticket price is only ₩165K

• But then IU never had that 'luxury girl' concept even though she likes to wear Gucci nowdays

no, it's more like since she's doing Jamsil (70K capacity), they don't need to charge an arm and a leg while YG needs to milk every ticket since KSPO only seats 15K.

• Strange Creature = someone who does not get old after all these years and still menace upcoming new acts=IU.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so you made this thread to say IU is more important than BlackPink, cos IU is your fave, and she is the top girl on Korea.

:smirks::smirks::smirks::smirks:ok. :smirks2::smirks2::smirks2::smirks2:

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• so you made this thread to say IU is more important than BlackPink, cos IU is your fave, and she is the top girl on Korea.

Yes, but that is the not the end of WhyKnock 's eccentric takes.

He will remind in every post how IU is the top of Korea, by complaining why nobody is taking her down, therefore it is bad for k-pop, so Koreans must be ignored by agencies, idols and fans.

If you can figure out his love-hate, boast-blame passive-aggressive obsession with IU,

I will give you some akorns

• I heard many times that being humble is a great asian quality and even when someone praise you, you must deny it. Kind like fake modesty.

I don´t think is love hate. Just love-fake modesty

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so you made this thread to say IU is more important than BlackPink, cos IU is your fave, and she is the top girl on Korea.

:smirks::smirks::smirks::smirks:ok. :smirks2::smirks2::smirks2::smirks2:

I am not saying who is greater than whom. I was surprised that BlackPink didn't choose a larger venue.

• What are the other big venues booked already and their capacities?

There are three bigger venues, but

1. Gochuck Dome - primarily used for baseball. October is playoff season for Korean baseball.

2. Chamshil Olympic Stadium - renovation finally starts at the end of September, just after IU has her concert . On Sep 25/26 there is something called Ultra Korea, an EDM festival featuring DJs from other countries, there. .

3. Sang'am Soccer Field - Big Bang and GDragon had concerts there , but after that Korean soccer fans balked very hard 'because the concerts harmed the lawn', and soccer is in season on the time BP decided to have its concert so it is unavailable.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!