Is it ok for men in their 20s 30s and 40s to go to girl group fanmeets to meet groups like IVE and NewJeans?

• yeah I was thinking about that

fan signs are different from just liking music

if I was 15 and someone 35 was infront of me as a fan, Id probably cry to my mom later

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• its a bit unsettling yes and i personally wouldnt do that if i was in their shoes but at the end of the day sometimes older men genuinely like their music... nah idk its definitely weird

• I’ve seen plenty older for fan hi wave and I think it’s weird but not creepy.

But I think in Europe kpop fans are generally older?

I think it’s odd for anyone over 18 to want to meet a 16 year old actually😂

Music is one thing. Fangirling/boying another. Being a man and 40/50 would be huge no for meet n greet.

• Any age is Allright if it’s just listening to music but fansigns I would side eye the men who are in their 30s en 40s and go to minors fansign. In the 20s is more understandable since some of the members are 18+

• No, same with women obviously. Like i'm 28 why tf would i want to meet a 16 years old. I would never even stan a group with a minor. I can like their music ofc but that's it.

• Optically speaking, if the fans look young, then i bet people will be ok. Visuals are everything, a guy could be 17 but if he looks like he's 35, it's gonna look off when you see photos and vids of fanmeets and folks are gonna side eye him. And if a guy is 30 but looks 17, most people wouldnt even blink an eye.

In terms of age, i think the line is somewhere in the 20s. I think 30 and above fans should just be content to passively consume our faves' content. You wouldnt catch me going on even a video fancall with my Izone faves like Yuri and Minju, let alone an in person meetup, and they're 21 years old.

• yeah I was thinking about that

fan signs are different from just liking music

if I was 15 and someone 35 was infront of me as a fan, Id probably cry to my mom later

Yes I have no problem with them being fans and liking their music but to go out of your way and pay good money to meets the girls is a bit excessive and strange. But like I said all the company sees is money so they don't care.

• 20s maybe but 30s and 40s...eh that's like the age you have children isn't it. Imagine stanning someone the age of your daughter

Liking the music is one thing but going to fanmeets and arguing online with kids over them isn't it. And that NewJeans mess is a big reason why I can't stan groups like them and IVE, groups with mostly minors even though I'm not that much older than them...just some very uncomfortable stuff

And personally I find it kinda weird for older female fans to be obsessive over young male idols as well but I feel like that isn't as common IMO

• I don't understand why we can't just let people like what they like instead of assuming that everyone different from us has nefarious intentions.

I'm an older fan of MX. By the time I bought tickets to Monsya X's concert, the best seats that I could afford happened to come with the send off. I had no idea what that was but bought them anyway. It ended up being where I could be in a special area that they would come through and like wave and stuff. I was surprisingly super excited to get a chance to see them up close. I had a great time. If you see a picture of my old ass self there, go ahead and judge I guess. I love kpop though and consider it a hobby just like any other and will continue to enjoy it. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

• But in many cases they're 15+ years older. And it's not like any of these idols consider dating them.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Hmm. I certainly think it's weird for a 30 year old to stan a 15 year old - regardless of gender.

There's a power dynamic there that's a bit squidge. My mom and I have talked about it because it bugs her when men talk over women in a work setting, particularly over younger women. She's pretty spicy but she gets aggravated because sometimes she feels like younger women don't always speak up because those men often represent people their father's age and so they don't feel like they have the power or authority to tell them to knock it off (she also mentioned that in terms of sexual harassment type situations - she'll tell her peers to knock it off if they're getting in creepy territory but the younger women they're often speaking to or about won't do it. Granted, my mom is definitely a ball-buster who gives zero fucks.) I know that seems like a tangent, but my point here is that these girls have even less autonomy in this area re: power dynamic since their job is often predicated on being sweet and nice.

But on the flip side, my 50 year old auntie loves the hell out of Taeil from NCT (who's half her age) and I could totally see her at a fan sign with a pecan pie saying "baby, you keep on doing what you're doing, sweetie. God blessed you with a voice and you keep on singing!" :pepe-hehe: People may not be coming from a shady place but still..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I don't understand why we can't just let people like what they like instead of assuming that everyone different from us has nefarious intentions.

I'm an older fan of MX. By the time I bought tickets to Monsya X's concert, the best seats that I could afford happened to come with the send off. I had no idea what that was but bought them anyway. It ended up being where I could be in a special area that they would come through and like wave and stuff. I was surprisingly super excited to get a chance to see them up close. I had a great time. If you see a picture of my old ass self there, go ahead and judge I guess. I love kpop though and consider it a hobby just like any other and will continue to enjoy it. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Idk about everyone else but I only side eye it if the group is all minors, like new jeans where the youngest is literally 14...

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• reason why I'm not checking treasure content anymore :cryingk: it's just weird to look at a teen and think they are cute or attractive :cryingk: so only music if it's good.

This is true ,i am gg stans but teenager.

I love stanned the role model idols (they have potentiel of become popular tho)and their music

This is hard for the bg groups become mega popular expect big4 .

You should being careful with teenager boy group if you re older than them...

• Hmm. I certainly think it's weird for a 30 year old to stan a 15 year old - regardless of gender.

There's a power dynamic there that's a bit squidge. My mom and I have talked about it because it bugs her when men talk over women in a work setting, particularly over younger women. She's pretty spicy but she gets aggravated because sometimes she feels like younger women don't always speak up because those men often represent people their father's age and so they don't feel like they have the power or authority to tell them to knock it off (she also mentioned that in terms of sexual harassment type situations - she'll tell her peers to knock it off if they're getting in creepy territory but the younger women they're often speaking to or about won't do it. Granted, my mom is definitely a ball-buster who gives zero fucks.) I know that seems like a tangent, but my point here is that these girls have even less autonomy in this area re: power dynamic since their job is often predicated on being sweet and nice.

But on the flip side, my 50 year old auntie loves the hell out of Taeil from NCT (who's half her age) and I could totally see her at a fan sign with a pecan pie saying "baby, you keep on doing what you're doing, sweetie. God blessed you with a voice and you keep on singing!" :pepe-hehe: People may not be coming from a shady place but still..

I think the age dynamics in korean culture make it even weirder tbh with their being an expectation for respect to people older then you... also the fact that theyre fans and theres obviously a power imbalance in fansigns where they cant outwardly show theyre uncomfortable ... so those two being paired makes it even more weirder for me to see a grown man in a fansign to see a group full of minors and the youngest a 14 year old like in that picture with Newjeans pepe-ooh

idk i made sense here :pepe-magnify:

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• I think the age dynamics in korean culture make it even weirder tbh with their being an expectation for respect to people older then you... also the fact that theyre fans and theres obviously a power imbalance in fansigns where they cant outwardly show theyre uncomfortable ... so those two being paired makes it even more weirder for me to see a grown man in a fansign to see a group full of minors and the youngest a 14 year old like in that picture with Newjeans pepe-ooh

Totally makes sense..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I think the age dynamics in korean culture make it even weirder tbh with their being an expectation for respect to people older then you... also the fact that theyre fans and theres obviously a power imbalance in fansigns where they cant outwardly show theyre uncomfortable ... so those two being paired makes it even more weirder for me to see a grown man in a fansign to see a group full of minors and the youngest a 14 year old like in that picture with Newjeans pepe-ooh

Wonder if a teenage boy idol would be as uncomfortable with a 35 year old woman fan like Minji looks in that photo?

• yeah but the context is the potential attraction of older men to younger/kid females. I'm saying, it used to not be considered weird but now it is weird.

Well, old men used to control everything. It's not until young women started speaking up that it became weird.

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Totally makes sense..

im on mobile and its late :pepe-puddle: not all of us can write essays like you just like that :pepe-hips:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• And why do you think company make these group debut so young ? For their talent ?

Keep going to ignore the main problem of all these groups. Have you really ever wondered why some bands have more perverts than others? You have never said to yourself that it could be a desire of companies to have such spendthrift customers?

Must still be some idiots even here who must still be wondering why this fancam has 31M views.

Hint: it's not for her talent

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• is it because I'm a girl ? is that why I can't see anything weird in that fancam ?

Like sure the song is bad but the rest is typical kpop ....

I'm not citron-icy but i think the fact that we view that as typical kpop and have normalized minors performing like that is part of the problem (suzy is a minor there, right? I don't know miss a)

The industry put ahead of the visuals rather than the talent, so you attract what you seek to attract in the end that's what I criticize. The companies know very well what they are doing here it's not new at all, problems between idols and perverts there were lots of them in Japan long before kpop. There are also lots of them among western artists.

Why ? All these group all have one thing in common, they highlight the visual. To put it more sharply, companies sell you sexual fantasies through your male or female idols.

• you could say the same thing about female fans and bg minors.

but then again, how can you actually deny anybody entrance? if a 50 years old like the music of an underage artist, it's not their fault or whatever, the artist is the one that broadcasted their music to everyone on the planet though it was the company's choice to debut them as children

• This thread contains 113 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!