Is this why SM has the most stans?

• I agree with you, the way SM crafts their groups and connects them to their senior groups is a stroke of genius. There’s always nods to previous era’s sprinkled in everything and it’s all cohesive.

Although I do miss when SM focussed more on r&b, indie and funk type music.

I think of Red Velvet, f(x), EXO when I think of SM. All three groups have such an excellent concept and well crafted image, and SM’s quality in vocalists is a very desirable factor too.

So I definitely see why people choose to stan the company, but I think they are losing a bit of their integral sound with the new international aimed focus. That’s just my opinion though :melon_think:

• What is SM's integral sound though? Because if it's R&B, the company haven't lost it no matter what group you look at.

• you may be completely right, to be honest I have kind of checked out with sm for a while now, but I still love red velvet and f(x)

A lot of people like SM's pop phase the best and that's fair, I love some f(x) and Red Velvet songs too, but looking at their first groups, SM was always... SM. Like look at these. Weirdness, sudden beat changes... and R&B.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's impressive to me how many successfull groups SM has created on different generations giving each one a different sound and image, but keeping the SM feel on them.

• True, I agree :okayc:

• SM stan are hated cause they're toxic asf, they fight with EVERY fandom even the nugu, they also have superiority complex. They think SM is the best thing ever while this company has been exposed several times on very serious and dubious cases. Everyone talk a lot about Army or Blink but SM stan does the same shit for more than 10 years now.

Most fans of this company have built real myths around this company, which are just lies that they keep repeating over and over. Like the most talented idols ...

LSM is a hell of an asshole and he should be in jail rather than appearing with SM idols. But once again for the company stans no problem about this man. The man literally got away with a crime because he had connections to the president.

SM is not hated for their music or their group but for everything around.

• People often bring the "superiority complex" of SM stans when the reality is that most stans of any K-pop group think they have the best music, best concepts, their members are very skilled, etc, etc. In fact I see more people with actual superiority complex talk shit about SM's music and nitpick their groups on subjective things like stage presence than "SM stans" talking about how a song sucks. At this point it's just a lame justification for throwing hate to SM groups masked as a concern.

• Hm I'd argue that this didn't really come about until maybe 2020 when the company started putting more focus on the world of SMCU/KWANGYA and as a result started intertwining things between their groups together. Someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong but even before that SM as a company still had a massive following so while I'd say it definitely did help it wasn't a huge factor

It for sure does work though in building that brand loyalty though

• It's true i'm agree with this. But it's more developed among SM stans probably because they have the most seniority. Every company stans are a plague anyway for me.

Thing also is that, while actual company stans exist, the term SM stans is used so lightly while most of them often just like around 2 or 3 groups from the company, and they couldn't care less about LSM. He's just somewhat respected because of his creative input on the groups and being this man that created the training K-Pop system, but him being a corrupt businessman doesn't come off as a surprise. I think that because he stepped out as a CEO long time ago and is now a producer who appears here and there just to wish aespa well and to support their artists at their concerts, it has made him somehow likable for some stans, but I don't think anybody see him as a saint lol

• They put the most effort into building that "family" image,therefore they have the most company stans

Quite simple.

to be honest I dont think its all an image

They actually genuinely support their juniors and wish them the best

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!