What kind of company media plays to downplay their own artist?

• This is the article that was published about lollapalooza and Weverse

Weverse proves the stability of 'Weverse Live' through live broadcast of Lola Palooza in the US... Recorded 16.28 million in 220 countries

Global fandom life platform Weverse , along with live broadcast of J-Hope Tomorrow X Together ( TXT )'s US 'Lola Palooza' stage, proved the various possibilities of application following the perfect technology transfer.

0003034655_001_20220803142301099.jpg?type=w647

Photo = provided by HYBE

On the 3rd, Weverse Company announced that they had successfully broadcast the performances of Tomorrow X Together and BTS J-Hope at the recent music festival LOLLAPALOOZA in Chicago, USA , through 'Weverse Live'.

The live broadcast of the Lola Falluja concert is the first official live broadcast schedule of 'Weverse Live', which was added as a recent update.

0003034655_002_20220803142301140.jpg?type=w647

Photo = provided by HYBE

In particular , through J-Hope's 70 -minute stage and 40 -minute Tomorrow X Together performance, it recorded 2.14 million chats and 223.7 million likes in about 220 countries, recording a total viewership rating of 16.28 million, and was stable. The bar that showed the service environment is receiving great attention from not only fans, but also from inside and outside the industry. This is meaningful as it confirms the stable foundation for not only expanding the ripple effect of the 'Lola Falluja' event itself, but also providing various communication opportunities through Weverse Live.

0003034655_003_20220803142301177.jpg?type=w647

Photo = provided by HYBE

On the other hand, Weverse introduced a new Weverse to which the real-time video live function 'Weverse Live' was applied on the 18th as a signal of integration with the V-Live service after the acquisition of Naver's V-Live division

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was j-hope alone:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What Hybe actually made it sound like:

image0.jpg?width=456&height=487

in order to boost their platform weverse, the article is reporting it like the two event happened on the same day on a same live. the platform fused so many times that fans resorted to using yt lives and twitch streams... wtf is wrong with them? now i would say this about the article regardless of whose name was attached here cos it is extremely unfair for J-hope to be downplayed like this and i bet the fans of other artists' also wouldn't want to see their faves name be attached like this.

638e00a6ef5a3336174dd7d7b4c14680.gif

Edited 3 times, last by BRIYANI ().

• I think they combined numbers to not highlight the gap between Hobi and TXT - it is obvious.

But my Weverse LIVE connection literally crashed every song by the time Hobi was a few songs in and super annoying by the second half. Yes 14.9+ Million at once via Weverse Live is a lot but they def need to work on it a lot more.

weverse doesnt deserved to be bragged about in this case cos the live couldn't even hold properly. it crashed so many times i had to resort to watching twitch lives, and some resorted to yt ..

this is so unfair for j-hope

• weverse doesnt deserved to be bragged about in this case cos the live couldn't even hold properly. it crashed so many times i had to resort to watching twitch lives, and some resorted to yt ..

this is so unfair for j-hope

How did HYBE think Weverse could handle live streams when it was already regularly buggy? It's super unfair to the artists

• TXT trending all over twitter on the previous day

First, the keyword is 'I'. So, this is only from what I see. And I don't see them on mine. And J-hope basically trending with over a million tweets. So, all over twitter you said there might not that true, especially if we compare the number of the tweets for both of them. I'm not looking down on Txt, but obviously J-hope overshadowed everyone on that festival and this is not the first time hybe doing this.

• :pepe-clown-gear:

they just uploaded the clips of j-hopes perfs to YT and weverse today

It's still not available for TXT. I watched the replay on youtube.

• First, the keyword is 'I'. So, this is only from what I see. And I don't see them on mine. And J-hope basically trending with over a million tweets. So, all over twitter you said there might not that true, especially if we compare the number of the tweets for both of them. I'm not looking down on Txt, but obviously J-hope overshadowed everyone on that festival and this is not the first time hybe doing this.

And I said 'previous day'. Jimin and Jhope also trending on the day txt perform because both watching from the side of the stage.

• Dumb move, doesn't help TXT look better at all when they did a good job in their own right, no need to attach them to Hobi's impact.

Hybe has been moving real weird where BTS is concerned following the fiesta announcement, this with them saying they will be sure the do merch for other members solo releases cause Hobi's sold so well when everyone just wanted regular physical albums.....idk just some real questionable choices being made across the board.

• Dumb move, doesn't help TXT look better at all when they did a good job in their own right, no need to attach them to Hobi's impact.

Hybe has been moving real weird where BTS is concerned following the fiesta announcement, this with them saying they will be sure the do merch for other members solo releases cause Hobi's sold so well when everyone just wanted regular physical albums.....idk just some real questionable choices being made across the board.

This. People will only drag txt in the end :cryingk:

• for me it started having trouble from 3 m viewers, at 5 m it got too worse, i logged off to find an unofficial stream

yep, it started having problems from the beginning. i had been switching from mobile to laptop all the time, and then i figured out that watching it in minute delay was the best option. which is why i got my stream cut off before i finished the concert lol. i missed his last words

Exactly

this for real? i kind of alr had an idea that they would do this i see they confirmed it .

• I haven't seen anyone mentioning this but like WHAT WAS THE REASON...???

It just looks like they're trying to downplay Bts's growth here when we all know that they don't even give the proper versions anymore.

• I can't believe they keep using J-Hobe like a lab rat. :pepe-shame: First for that crap album apps, now for Weverse's Vlive feature. Moreover, both are apps that don't work properly and are extremely far from making the fans happy.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• exactly, it was acting up at 3 m viewers and at every increase yet shameless enough to make such articles

It keeps buffering for me though, then it crashed when j-hope performed equal sign... Then after that it keeps crashing! ;(

I would applaud the article if they said that they will improve the app for better fan experience :pepe-bonk:

They couldn't even give Hoseok proper solo album :pepestare:

Anyway, this is not for TXT, they are doing good in their own right but yeah HybE being HybE :suure:

• Lol this ain’t new. Hybe just wants to show how independent they are from BTS. Because the last thing they will be doing is explaining that Hobi, a BTS member, is the one that pulled more than 90% viewership. With the looming enlistment up in the air, they are trying too hard to look good.

The income made from their weverse platform is still BTS no matter how much they wanna frame it as indirect profit.

Hybe probably gets a lot more of the profits from TXT than BTS, since TXT is still on their rookie contract. Same with Twice vs Stray Kids, Twice members could be getting a bigger chunk of profits once their current contract expires. It makes financial and strategic sense for the companies to use their legacy breadwinners to promote their younger acts.

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!