Limited Events for August

• Kpop Hello GIFs | Tenor

Hi y'all! Long time, no see right?

:beehaw:

Sooooo.... if you've been wondering what is going on with Limited Badges, you've come to the right place! We apologize for the delays, but due to unplanned issues, we're now trying to play catch-up. To that end, we've to mix things up: We are releasing accepted limited commissions as they are finished. This may or may not be as they were previously scheduled, but let me reassure you all, they are coming.

The most recent petitions submitted but not yet accepted will be the last batch accepted until September. Payment for these will be going up later today and all petition leaders will be pinged. If you submitted and have decided you do not want to go forward, please DM me.

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

[ THIS IS THE PART YOU SHOULD READ IF YOU IGNORED MY PREVIOUS EXCUSES ]

Now, we will announce in this post every week which commissions will have events running on either the upcoming Monday or Friday. This will continue until we get through all those already submitted.

The currently accepted petitions are:

Itzy Voltage

TXT Good Boy Gone Bad

BTS Proof

Nayeon Pop

Got7 NaNaNa

NCT Dream Beatbox

Dreamcatcher Maison

Mamamoo Hip

[more to come]

Upcoming Events:

Itzy Voltage - Friday August 5th - bunnyviolet

BTS Proof - Friday August 12th - Ves

TXT Good Boy Gone Bad - Friday August 19th - 3ne

GOT7 NaNaNa - Friday August 19th - bunnyviolet

Nayeon Pop - Friday August 19th - Rainbowlicious

NCT Dream Beatbox - Friday August 26th - the101

Dreamcatcher Maison - Friday August 26th - centen

☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ☆

We are hoping to return to a more normal process by next month September and invite all of you to leave feedback on how this has been going, what you like, don't like, suggestions etc - all appreciated!

[group]User+[/group]

• The most recent petitions submitted but not yet accepted will be the last batch accepted until September.

So does this mean the petitions that were submitted in July for August will come out in September and there won't be submissions opening this weekend?

• So does this mean the petitions that were submitted in July for August will come out in September and there won't be submissions opening this weekend?

The petitions submitted in July will still partially come out this month (and a little into early Sept) and there won’t be submissions opening this weekend.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• The petitions submitted in July will still partially come out this month (and a little into early Sept) and there won’t be submissions opening this weekend.

I see. September will be a fight. :pepe-army:

• So does this mean the petitions that were submitted in July for August will come out in September and there won't be submissions opening this weekend?

That means we will start working on them as soon as we can and they may still come out in August, but some might bleed over into September.

We will not be having an acceptance event this weekend as you corrected surmised and instead they will be delayed to September as we play catch up

• We are playing catch up due to sickness and family issues - TBS Proof is only partially done, same with TXT GBGB and we want to finish those first. It would be wrong to accept more until we get those already submitted/accepted out.

Does making badges really take that long? You guys have a big team now but it's still impossible to make them in time?

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• Does making badges really take that long? You guys have a big team now but it's still impossible to make them in time?

We take this seriously and try to create a beautiful badge to be enjoyed. We need to try to see how we can make the requested scenes flow together and still capture the feel of a 3 or 4 minute MV in a much smaller badge with both color and size issues so we have to do a lot of color correction and frame concessions. We don't just throw a bunch of scenes together and call it good. So yes it takes time.

• Does making badges really take that long? You guys have a big team now but it's still impossible to make them in time?

the team isn't as big as you're assuming it is- and yes- it takes time. plus, have you seen the demand there is now? there are soo many badges. a lot of the team have jobs and other work as well..

• We take this seriously and try to create a beautiful badge to be enjoyed. We need to try to see how we can make the requested scenes flow together and still capture the feel of a 3 or 4 minute MV in a much smaller badge with both color and size issues so we have to do a lot of color correction and frame concessions. We don't just throw a bunch of scenes together and call it good. So yes it takes time.

Can you tell me how much time it takes to create one badge approximately? I tried to make a gif following a tutorial from tumblr but couldn't finish it because my PS didn't have some function, it didn't seem that time consuming. I think one gif can be made in an hour or so but now that you mentioned size restriction I can see why it would take longer.

sFWYLKc.gif

• the team isn't as big as you're assuming it is- and yes- it takes time. plus, have you seen the demand there is now? there are soo many badges. a lot of the team have jobs and other work as well..

I think they hired like 6 people or so, things should move faster than when it was just Ves.

sFWYLKc.gif

I understand and empathize with your disappointment. I’ve been waiting months for a song to come out and was excited to submit a badge for it in August. I may not be fast enough to make the cut in September against so many badges and motivated fandoms but I’ll certainly try.

This is something we all do on our spare time because we love this site and Kpop. We try very hard to include as many badges as we can rather than limiting the amount and we’ve been pretty successful over the past few months keeping up and hit a bit of a speed bump here.

On any given set, the creator is making 7-10 badges for one MV, so yes it takes a minute. You have to review the footage - a 3 to 4 minute video generates thousands of eventual frames that you pull apart and put back together to meet the space requirements of the site, while showcasing each member in a group. You’re also trying to avoid duplicating footage in the individuals when you can, which may involve pulling from trailers and behind the scenes. This is before you start on pulling content for bonuses.

When there is 1 MV with one person, badges can be quite quick, like the Minho or Onew badge.

It blows my mind that Ves was doing this by herself for so many months now that I realize how hard it is to make a badge for a group you don’t know and members you’re still trying to tell apart, while simultaneously hoping that the folks who ordered it will be happy with your work.

This is not Ves’ full time job and it’s not anyone on the badge team’s full time job but we try very hard to make beautiful badges people love and we’ll keep on working to do so.

I hope you’ll submit your badges in September and I hope you’ll be pleased with the work the team does at that time.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Can you tell me how much time it takes to create one badge approximately? I tried to make a gif following a tutorial from tumblr but couldn't finish it because my PS didn't have some function, it didn't seem that time consuming. I think one gif can be made in an hour or so but now that you mentioned size restriction I can see why it would take longer.

you would have to also take into account the fact that it needs to be fluent both in story and colors.

I know that tutorial and it doesn't even cover a quarter of what is needed when it comes to color correction.

Conservative estimate? About two days for one high quality badge, but that would mean working on it all day.

• I can pay now, just waited to see if the vote result changes.

it's highly unlikely we'll do future perfect, the video is really badge unfriendly. if we had enough signups for individuals they would be canceled, there's not enough content that works or in some members' cases, there's no content at all. thankfully we got paradoxxx invasion that works well.

• Can you tell me how much time it takes to create one badge approximately? I tried to make a gif following a tutorial from tumblr but couldn't finish it because my PS didn't have some function, it didn't seem that time consuming. I think one gif can be made in an hour or so but now that you mentioned size restriction I can see why it would take longer.

Any given event usually takes me a week or two as I am juggling IRL work with it too along with being tech admin on this site. All of us on the LE badge team also do a lot analyzing and feedback/iteration to try to get the best badge set out of any event.

• Appreciate your detailed answer. I forgot about individual badges because my faves don't have any, yeah, keeping that in mind it may take a while.

sFWYLKc.gif

• you would have to also take into account the fact that it needs to be fluent both in story and colors.

I know that tutorial and it doesn't even cover a quarter of what is needed when it comes to color correction.

Conservative estimate? About two days for one high quality badge, but that would mean working on it all day.

Are you sure we're talking about the same tutorial? There are more than one probably.

Whoa, that's much more than I expected.

sFWYLKc.gif

• it's highly unlikely we'll do future perfect, the video is really badge unfriendly. if we had enough signups for individuals they would be canceled, there's not enough content that works or in some members' cases, there's no content at all. thankfully we got paradoxxx invasion that works well.

This is really sad. :pepecry:

sFWYLKc.gif

• Any given event usually takes me a week or two as I am juggling IRL work with it too along with being tech admin on this site. All of us on the LE badge team also do a lot analyzing and feedback/iteration to try to get the best badge set out of any event.

You guys need more people, I didn't think it's such a long process. :pepe-in-bed:

sFWYLKc.gif

....LE badges are done frame by frame. Our team is 5 people for LE badges, all of us also help with other parts of the forum as well.

Many of us take on 1-3 events a months to try to make sure we get them out as soon as possible, importing videos into Photoshop and converting them to frames takes time. We also have to arrange those frames. Design the logos for each special badge event, make the banners. We usually go through at least 2 revisions with each badge to try to make sure we have the badge quality at its best and that it has meets fandom expectations.

LE badges are not a 5 minute project by any means. I understand you're frustrated with delays. I personally also work a 9-5 as a IT Tech and also have graphic design commissions occasionally that I have to complete on time for album releases and album promo for underground musicians. Ves works an 9-5 that involves a lot of important meetings and deadlines in a similar line of work.

We also lost one of the members who used to help organize things two months ago and are still are mourning them and finishing her memorial material for release as we have been focused on Themed Badges and LE being released as quickly as possible.

Also, if you must know multiple members of the LE team have been sick lately, and even if that was not the case, small delays shouldn't warrant hostility toward the badge teams. We all try our best to maintain these deadlines and requests, sometimes even sacrificing sleep to finish them on time. So please do not come at us viciously, for having one month when we have delays.

Edit: I apologize if in any way this comes across wrong. But there have been numerous instances of anger towards staff for not finishing events fast enough. While most users are understanding, it's frustrating when some aren't. I'm also very very protective of my team mates and am just trying to make y'all understand it takes time to do these things. 💗

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

It depends on the complexity of the badge, tbh.

For example, making this badge was very fast and simple. There are only a few scenes and the color is pretty consistent across them. I made this in one evening.

2164-minho-heartbreak-gif

This was a fast badge I made in a few hours.

2675-jaehyun-try-again-poetic-beauty-gif

This should have been a fast badge, but GIFs have limited colors, so when you have extremely warm and cool colors beside each other, it can make the image posterized and grainy. We ran into this with the Love Theory badges and I was able to apply the techniques we figured out here, but this relatively simple badge now took longer when I finished and saw the color issues. (city and I spent a lot of hours over many days trying to work through the color issues on Love Theory, which is why the badges have a slightly pink cast, as part of the solution.)

2676-jaehyun-try-again-mv-gif

This badge is a very very complex badge. Haechan had very few scenes in the MV and to find enough material, I had to pull from the behind the scenes footage, pan and scan the footage to focus on him in the confines of the square badge, then color correct it because the coloring didn’t match the MV. But wait there’s more.

The MV has a blue cast (or coloring) that has to be pulled out of his skin tone. But wait there’s more! He had been whitewashed in all his shots, so I also went in corrected his skin coloring without impacting the other colors in the gif. (Thankfully I can group these layers rather than doing frame by frame but it still takes additional time).

1811-nct-glitch-mode-haechan-gif

This badge is just one of 11 that we did for this one MV and petition. (Not all of the badges required as much work.) I didn’t do this or those in an evening or a few hours. This had multiple drafts to work through issues and get insights from the team on how to fix it.

• Your color correction on those blues had me drooling lol they are sooo goood

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

• This is really sad. :pepecry:

that's how it is. future perfect will be made as a bonus, it's a shorter badge and a badge maker will try to make it work. you can transfer your akorns now and the good news is that you have more time to farm for a bonus

• I hope you realize that I appreciate all your hard work.

Don't know for how much it counts, but I know what it entails since I used to do that.

Please take your time, take a bit of rest because you deserve it.

P.S. Those RV - Feel my rhythm badges are a work of art so thank you!

• Your color correction on those blues had me drooling lol they are sooo goood

thanks! :blade-flattered:

Sometimes these badges really push me to my skill level and beyond. I’m grateful to the other members of the team for your advice and tips even when sometimes it’s like NO MORE EDITS :pepe-puddle:.

In the end, y’all push me to be better. :thumbup:

• Ah thanks, Alex. I love doing it! I love the challenge, especially when it’s not my own faves and the reaction when people love it because man you are sweating it. ^^ And I’m certainly leveling up my Photoshop skills.

Those RV badges are all CITY! She is so insanely talented. I just did the performance bonus badge. She’s given me so many helpful pointers and she had the vision to seperate the Glitch Mode badges into a Powerpuff Girls color palette of pink, blue and green. (A nightmare for me to execute at the time but awesome in the end!)

• the one that's about importing from youtube directly and editing scenes by selecting frames?

That's the one I was talking about

That's probably how most gif tutorials start. I'll try to find it.

Update: I tried to find it but failed, my google activity doesn't work properly.

Update 2: Found one but not another one, I remember reading 2.

DETAILED GIF TUTORIAL FOR WINDOWS
    Hi lovely people, I've decided to make a gif tutorial to help my fellow friends learn how to gif. I've tried to make it as detailed as possible so it's fast…
    jungshoseok.tumblr.com

sFWYLKc.gif

• I think they hired like 6 people or so, things should move faster than when it was just Ves.

and it is, its a lot more efficient now. we have events every week (during a regular month). but also back then ves was working at an inhumane pace to make sure everything was working and coming in on time. considering how many individuals, bonuses, and just events in general- things are going very well now.

but also, life happens and its pretty clear at this point that stuff can't move forward without her being there hence why things don't seem "faster". trust me when i tell you, everyone is doing their best to make sure we all get the best.

• That's probably how most gif tutorials start. I'll try to find it.

Update: I tried to find it but failed, my google activity doesn't work properly.

Update 2: Found one but not another one, I remember reading 2.

https://jungshoseok.tumblr.com…-gif-tutorial-for-windows

I'm on my work laptop which is a mac, so meh.

But I think it was something similar to that one.

Depending on the complexity it can take anywhere from a few hours to 10+ hours per badge, which as others have mentioned is being done in the team members' spare time, so those hours are often spread out over multiple days.

• I know they're done frame by frame, I tried making a gif but couldn't do one step as I mentioned.

I'm not hostile towards the badge team, sorry if it came across that way - English is not my first language and I tend to be direct in expressing myself due to the specifics of my native language. I was just curious.

sFWYLKc.gif

• This thread contains 93 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!