Overrated animes

• Code Geass. I liked the anime, but it's not the best thing ever its fandom tried to portrait/force to others. Specially the second season. It had a higher score than the first season at the apex of the fandom deranged attacks.

This series is a trainwreck. It is a fun trainwreck with cool characters, but lot of it makes no sense, shallow world building, and it's dumber than it was trying to be. This tries to be Death Note smart with Gundam story scope, but it's just a cheapo version of both with lotsa dumb plot twists. This anime is the textbook overrated.

Now it seems like I'm hating on it. Not really. It is still worthy watching as it is a fun series and I do like some of the characters, design, animation quality, and the premises. I enjoy it for what it is. The toxic fandom at the time basically ruins it for me with their forceful campaigns to convince others this is the best anime ever which isn't even close.

• Naruto. I’m sorry all yall naruto fans but I just couldn’t finish the show it was just too boring for me

Pokémon. This show speaks teenage girls on tiktok who think they’re so cool for watching anime

Dragon Ball Z. I’m just not into it, i don’t get the hype about it, it’s meh

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• Code Geass. I liked the anime, but it's not the best thing ever its fandom tried to portrait/force to others. Specially the second season. It had a higher score than the first season at the apex of the fandom deranged attacks.

This. I got into Code Geass because of the hype. Even some of my buddies were hyping it back then. I thought it was just okay. It's standard anime fare but nothing to write home about. I mean, if people like it then they are free to do so and it's fine but I don't get it. But then again, I don't get the hype for Demon Slayer as well (the art is superb though) so I may just have shitty taste.

• i got bored and a little creeped out by it honestly. I mean, props to you if you’re a furry, but i’m not into that. I was super against rabbit and wolf se...copulation, like biologically that would not work.

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• most of the basic shounen fighting anime. They all have same main plot, same type of characters etc... im talking about anines like naruto, boku no hero academia, black clover, bleach, pokemon, fire force, one piece.... not saying they are bad (i love most of them but highly overrated

• - Death Note : has already been mentionned several times in this thread, but tbh it stopped getting interesting the moment L died.

- Naruto : was never able to get into it

- SAO : can't get into most of the characters

- Fairy Tail

- No Game No Life

I'm tempted to say One Piece but I still harbor some nostalgic love for it lol

Now animes I guess could be better if the characters were better :

- Fushigi Yugi : self explanatory. Amazing story, yet too many eye siding moments (especially with the romance) and a very annoying MC.

- Vampire Knight : sigh

- Blue Exorcist

- Another (not really overrated as most people forgot its existence lol) : a very interesting plot, but I feel like there was not much character development.

• I liked Naruto when it's about techniques and outsmarting the opponent and fights don't involve cratering the world, who has the most chakra, throwing the biggest kamehameha wave.

And I detest talk no jutsu.

• Agreed that Naruto was highly overrated.

For me, Attack on Titan. It's a decent series (I'm not saying it's bad), but for the amount of praise it gets I think it's overrated.

• sword art online

they started great, with a strong female character. but after falling in love, Asuna suddenly became spineless

kazuto almost got murdered and got his hand cut off, but he was the one that calm Asuna down because she had to has a breakdown right there and there. Damn girl. dropped because suddenly it becomes centered around romance

This series is a trainwreck. It is a fun trainwreck with cool characters, but lot of it makes no sense, shallow world building, and it's dumber than it was trying to be. This tries to be Death Note smart with Gundam story scope, but it's just a cheapo version of both with lotsa dumb plot twists. This anime is the textbook overrated.

Now it seems like I'm hating on it. Not really. It is still worthy watching as it is a fun series and I do like some of the characters, design, animation quality, and the premises. I enjoy it for what it is. The toxic fandom at the time basically ruins it for me with their forceful campaigns to convince others this is the best anime ever which isn't even close.

This. I got into Code Geass because of the hype. Even some of my buddies were hyping it back then. I thought it was just okay. It's standard anime fare but nothing to write home about. I mean, if people like it then they are free to do so and it's fine but I don't get it. But then again, I don't get the hype for Demon Slayer as well (the art is superb though) so I may just have shitty taste.

yeah, 100% agree about cg. It's definitely an entertaining and interesting anime, but not all that. I only finished the first season. I don't really get the hype about kny either but to be fair i haven't even tried to watch it. It just doesn't seem interesting to me at all. Prob because it's a shounen?

most of the basic shounen fighting anime. They all have same main plot, same type of characters etc... im talking about anines like naruto, boku no hero academia, black clover, bleach, pokemon, fire force, one piece.... not saying they are bad (i love most of them but highly overrated

Agree with you. Except for One Piece because the worldbuilding and the vast variety of developed characters are just amazing + the emotional and comedy moments are just on point.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Fairy Tail....

Same journey every arc..

"Powerfull guy beats the crap out of someone."

Then Natsu goes. "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP"

Essentially.

Also Bleach:

Character design are great, but the story is terrible.

Kimetsu no Yaiba:

Does shonen with a little more sparkle. Utterly overrated storywise.

Sword Art series: Utter garbage at all points, broken MC, wishfullfillment from start to end, even bad at shonening with crappy fight choreography and set design.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Generic.

I can probably rant all day long about overrated, but focused on the shonen genre since that's the most popular animes in general.

• I hated beastars. The main character is such a wuss. Pissed me off. For me it is code geass. I just don't like it. My opinion offends some people as this is highly popular anime. It is just overhyped. I don't relate to any of the characters. The story feels very flat. The design of the characters are also very weird.

Another one I didn't like was darling in the franxx. I just felt cheated by the end of the story. It started out very interesting and then became a typical lame aliens take over story. ugh.

• Most of the overlengthly animes like Naruto, Bleach and so on, the got to many fillers and got boring.

One Piece.... hate the drawing art

Attack on titans, stopped after 4 episodes

• boruto, naruto, one piece, beastars (i hated it), bleach, re-zero

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• fullmetal alchemist: that anime was ooga booga for me, it was boring as hell.

attack on titan was really good tho!!! probably the best anime i ever watched, or maybe Black Lagoon is slightly better..

• I loved aot for a while it was awesome but after it was revealed that they went to the woods and that blonde chick apparently was a Titan i dropped idk.. it just looked too much for me and i prefer when animes keep it simple

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I loved aot for a while it was awesome but after it was revealed that they went to the woods and that blonde chick apparently was a Titan i dropped idk.. it just looked too much for me and i prefer when animes keep it simple

It will make perfect sense later.... You should have continued watching it. Idk want to spoil anything, but she plays a huge role in the upcoming events.

• aot wasn't overrated before (tho I would say the hype of the 1 season was weird) some events that is spoiler if I mention, after some events the story went full downhill and it's overrated now IMHO

I really think BNHA is super overrated lmao but I ~understand that maybe~ I am not the target audience sooo it's fine? I think "yeah young boys must enjoy this one a lot" not that I dislike shounen quite the contrary I love tons of shounens but MHA doesn't has anything that holds my attention if that makes sense?

back in the days "another" was the shit and I thought it was so boring? how can a horror anime be... not horror neither have a cool ending or anything of the type? not even school days let me down this way

• I wanna say h x h but to be fair I have conflicted feelings about it

one side of me hate the majority of characters like 90% of them no joke, other part of me think some moments are cool and worth watching

• This thread contains 25 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!