NMIXX is the flop debut of the year. What is JYP doing? Does he have a head injury?

• First, do they actually have stans, not JYP stans but actual fans cuz I haven't seen any? Secondly, O.O was a mess, not in a million years will you ever convince me O.O was a good song. The choreography was cool though. Their cordi makes me wanna vomit. (Exhibit A: https://www.pannchoa.com/2022/…up-with-nmixx-coordi.html). Like those poor girls, why does the cordi make them look 3ft tall?

Then they follow O.O up with a song for a children's TV show. Which WTF? Didn't they debut with a strong almost-girl crush concept? Can you imagine Aespa doing a song for Dora the explorer?

Now they release Kiss which is just a cutesy song. Nothing special about it. Heard it and then forgot about it. Also, the members don't stand out. When Twice and Itzy debuted each member stood out, they each had their own aura. With NMIXX even though I've watched several of their videos all I remember is Lily and the pretty one (the one who looks like a princess).

I don't know if this is because of the girls themselves or because of how JYP manages them. Even Serafim with all their scandals had a better debut. Good song, all the members except Garam got positive responses. Even STAYC who came from a small company had a better debut. If they came from a small or medium-sized company no one would have looked twice at them.

I feel bad for the girls, they have good voices but it seems like JYP doesn't know what to do with them. With Twice and Itzy, they debuted with their own identity and kept that. But Nmixx just feels lost? Like they don't have their own color. I just feel bad for the girls, all that wasted potential.

• I mean you say they don't have any fans, but you seem like one. I didn't even know they released any other songs after their debut. :pepe-toilet:

• I mean you say they don't have any fans, but you seem like one. I didn't even know they released any other songs after their debut. :pepe-toilet:

I generally stay in touch with girl groups comebacks. So even if I don't stan a group I will listen to their song to see if it's good. In general, I don't really listen to buy groups anymore, idk why but none of the current boy groups interest me (except Xdinary Heroes, they a bop)

• Big3 are creatively bankrupt.

fr it’s been literally years since I last thoroughly enjoyed and feel inspired by a release from a big 3 group. Like they haven’t all been terrible but i also haven’t really been wowed by them in a long time. Comparatively ggs from other companies have delivered way more consistently and hit that much harder in recent years

• I actually liked it, also Nmixx is from JYP, comparing them to a group from a small company (they're from the Momoland company) is unfair. So many girl groups debuted this year and so few of them got attraction cuz the industry is so oversaturated. So unfair comparsion in my opinion.

If I'm going to compare debuts, I'm going to compare them all.

NMixx's debut was better and more successful than most of the girl group debuts so far this year.

Some people just can't see beyond their blind hatred for the song.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• If I'm going to compare debuts, I'm going to compare them all.

NMixx's debut was better and more successful than most of the girl group debuts so far this year.

I'm not just talking about O.O in my post (I even said the choreo is good, especially the swing part). Also, Nmixx is from JYP, of course, they will get more views and stuff.

• I'm not just talking about O.O in my post (I even said the choreo is good, especially the swing part). Also, Nmixx is from JYP, of course, they will get more views and stuff.

So they got views, and they sold lots of albums. What makes them a flop for you? Charting? Music? Promotion?

Give them time. They'll surprise you in the end.

• You're acting like I insulted the girls themselves jezz. I explained why I consider them a flop in my post so I won't bother saying it again.

I've said nothing about the girls themselves. Just about the group's performance.

I read your post. It just seems to be full of "I don't like the music and the extra performances they're putting out".

Maybe wait until their first comeback to fully judge them?

• that kids tv show is just like an ost or ad song so its not relate to group in any way. I think bright concept will suit nmixx. Red velvet style songs they will be the only one able to pull off outside sm groups. Red velvet songs like dumb dumb, red flavour, ice cream cake are songs that suit young group and they are catchy songs.

• I listened to o.o again and the song isn’t bad. The 2nd verse is better than the first though. They should’ve just made the whole song like the 2nd verse.

I do feel like this girl group disappeared

I think they've been pretty busy. They had the CF song for the kid's show, just did a cover of a Rainbow song, Haewon and Sullyoon put out covers (Mixxtape), went to multiple KCONs (Seoul, LA, and Chicago). They also had several photoshoots, and put out some variety content (Pick Nmixx).

We just need a proper comeback soon.

• I think people have a really skewed sense of what a flop is. I'm not a NMIXX fan, but I do follow sales and charts and it's among the top sellers of the year.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From the company's perspective, they don't really care if people complained about the song, they sold a shitton of albums. If they can move that much at launch without doing anything yet - and releasing a poorly received single - the only place to go is up with a stronger second single. They had a CF and promotions lined up and well received performances in live concerts.

Everyone will be watching to see the next release.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• a group selling from the big4 isn’t really an anomaly, Their debut did okay but it was a flop when you compare to their seniors.

If the song is good, they will not pulling whatever they get now with all the support and back up they have. If the songs is good, they will chart better than Lesserafim that debut with huge scandal but because of their good discography, they still can chart well. And comparing big company and the small one is just another proof that big company can released a shit and they still have big audiences to hype the group under them. They will still have people to defend them. If Nmixx is another small company group, they will become just like Lapillus too. What they get now majorly all because of company stans and the bias for coming from big company.

• a group selling from the big4 isn’t really an anomaly, Their debut did okay but it was a flop when you compare to their seniors.

No, it's not, but for a gg do those numbers is still unusual. (Potentially the new normal, for sure, but still.)

How is it a flop compared to their seniors when their first day debut sales numbers are higher than any of their seniors and they have an album over 400K copies, which none of their seniors have?

I mean I think O_O is crap too, but again, they can hardly be called a flop.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Exactly. I'm sure a lot of groups would kill to "flop" like that.

• The group is listed from GG of the big4 they outsell Gidle who debuted earlier and has more hits so their sales aren’t surprised. Even new jeans has 400k pre orders

• I’m actually surprised that with such a debut that no one seems to like they still managed to pull decent numbers for a gg under big4

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!