KPOP STANS DONT LISTEN TO B-SIDES

• otherwise these b-sides would be charting or getting decent streams.. just another fact to expose how little kpop stans actually care for the music 2x and i don't blame them with the lack of quality there is in kpop b-sides

disclaimer: if your group has less then 30 songs over the course of years then this isn't targeted at you since i'm sure stans will find time at that point to listen those b-sides even if they usually dont.

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

Edited once, last by bobsyouruncle ().

• u dont listen to bsides, do u? :eyes:

do i look like i want to listen to 365 tracks in BTS discography? :pepe-spray: that's days worth of time 2x

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• I wonder if its because people need a visual with the music. Or do people just not care about their faves because wtf how can someone survive off title tracks alone? That's like 2 maybe 3 if you're lucky songs a year.

people think im making this up but I genuinely know and have seen stans who will just listen to title track and then just go back to hyping their faves visuals or the music video.. I think since a lot of people are attracted to kpop because of the visual and performance aspects (just look how many people became stans of a group because of fancams) they tend to focus on songs which the groups perform.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• BTS is the exception for a lot of things when it comes to kpop :pepefeelsweirdestman: though there definitely exists army who haven't listened to b-sides purely because of how much songs they have... frogsip.png

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• casual fans only check titles and listen to them

Fans the whole album

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• casual fans only check titles and listen to them

Fans the whole album

thats gatekeeping though.. some consider themselves stan because they like the group personally/ their performances frogsip.png

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• i do and i would say only a small amount have been very good quality... the rest are always just there...

if you have any really good ones to suggest i don't mind hearing them :pepe-magnify: my bare minimum is just good vocals and i won't mind the genre

Dude you're missing out if you don't listen to bsides :pepenomad:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• People overestimate the number of hardcore fans and underestimate the number of casual listeners K-pop groups have.

I'm guilty of listening only to the title tracks of many groups because I don't have the wiliness to go through whole albums whose tracks I might not even like half. So, many times, the title track is as deep as I go.

• bp got those pity streams on bsides because they have no music

i added a disclaimer just for yg girl groups

disclaimer: if your group has less then 30 songs over the course of years then this isn't targeted at you since i'm sure stans will find time at that point to listen those b-sides even if they usually dont.

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• People overestimate the number of hardcore fans and underestimate the number of casual listeners K-pop groups have.

I'm guilty of listening only to the title tracks of many groups because I don't have the wiliness to go through whole albums whose tracks I might not even like half. So, many times, the title track is as deep as I go.

it depends on what you consider "hardcore fans" because what some people here would consider "casual listeners" just because they only listen to title tracks go just as hard in stanning the group in other ways (voting for one) . :pepe-narrow-eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• The way the b sides are almost always my favorite tracks. :lighter-pepe:

• anyways people like to generalize discographies based on a groups title tracks which is kind of lame TBH, which is why I try to specify title tracks when I can when referring to other groups music if I haven't honestly listened to their bsides

I will say I do tend to listen to other groups bsides that I don't stan more than the average stan.

• anyways people like to generalize discographies based on a groups title tracks which is kind of lame TBH, which is why I try to specify title tracks when I can when referring to other groups music if I haven't honestly listened to their bsides

I will say I do tend to listen to other groups bsides that I don't stan more than the average stan.

i think the only time i've listened to a b-side from a group i don't stan is if the group is well known for good music quality (like stayc because of their producer

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    :lighter-pepe: ) and the TT didn't impress so i give it another chance... or if the group has good vocals :melon_think:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• Tittle track need to be good enough so people get the feeling "I want listen to more" which lead people listen to bsides. There are hundreds of groups in kpop, nobody has time to listen to every b side of the market.

• Tittle track need to be good enough so people get the feeling "I want listen to more" which lead people listen to bsides. There is hundreds of groups in kpop, nobody have time to listen every b side in the market.

thats definitely true but not many groups are meeting those requirements these days :hazmat-pepe:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• i do and i would say only a small amount have been very good quality... the rest are always just there...

if you have any really good ones to suggest i don't mind hearing them :pepe-magnify: my bare minimum is just good vocals and i won't mind the genre

I'll just post a varied lot of bg songs here:

These tracks are all just my personal taste though I'm sure I can cater to yours if you be more specific

• this is my very short review since its 5am...

i don't have spotify so i could only listen to the snippets so it's based on that :pepe-peek:

if ok= i like it but wouldn't necessarily seek it out

yes= would seek it out

no= not to my taste

Role Play Astro- yes

Love me or Leave me- No

Gravity - I was enjoying it until chanyeols rap completely ruined the flow of the song :pepe-laser-eyes:

Lost in the Dream - ok

Moscow Moscow - i loved this so i went ahead and gave the full song a listen and it didn't disappoint :lighter-pepe: Hyojins (based on the lyric videos names) vocals were my favourite :pepe-grooving:

Camellia- ok but verging on a yes

Violet - ok

Run to you- Yes (i've heard other svt b-sides and liked them so this isn't a surprise, this song gave me such an anime opening vibe which i love and turns out theres a japanese version of it) :pepe-dj:

Hitchhiking - no too energetic for me at 5am

Phobia- ok but i gave it another listen since i like stray kids lol

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• akp blinks really have a bp downplay fetish I fear they literally have some of the most popular kpop b-sides ever forever young, pretty savage, freaking MONEY like sit down :pepe-hips:

i don't consider it a b-side if it has a music video or performance video attached sorry :rv10:

bp literally promotes some of their b-sides like other groups their title tracks so it wont work with my logic :pepe-cop:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• B-sides are the key to me stanning a group tbh

TTs are all well and good as a hook for casuals, but if multiple b-sides interest me then I'm in

There are things groups can do to make b-sides more appealing:

-- Have a narrative/concept through the tracklist (and have the TT allude to the concept for casual listeners to be more curious)

-- Can't just make them all sound like the title track because that makes the whole project bland/dilutes the TT

-- Showcase solos well enough that you assign personalities and core "sounds" to each member via their music (BTS' Wings comes to mind)

There are groups where I like several TTs but the b-sides dont really vibe, so I don't end up stanning

CONVERSELY

There are groups where I like maybe one TT but the b-sides are great, they are more appealing to me personally

Not gonna name names unless people specifically want examples

Edited once, last by KpopJop: Merged a post created by KpopJop into this post. ().

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!