Can we talk about how when an idol does something wrong they or their companies almost never apologize

• Hyunjin apologized for his school bullying scandal, and I applaud him even though I don't stan the group. There are ways to handle it gracefully, but most idols don't. That's their choice. But there are better things you could do.

• lmao if they were sorry for what they did, they would apologize right after they did something wrong, not after being exposed to the public

all of them shitheads

• A fan tried to talk to Hendery about cultural appropriation but he had to cut them off because the manager what glaring at him or something

Someone went up to someone they have never met before, and thought it was a good idea to try and "educate" them on CA. Good on the manager, fans are delusional and crazy.

Being more mindful is fine, but that isn't a discussion fans should be having in person with idols. You do not know them. Its one thing to do it in the forum of public opinion online, but it makes no sense irl, especially if its at a promotion.

• She did both white and black girls impressions at the same time but I don’t understand why people who got offended only specify black girl impression as offensive?

Both are bad though .Reason why I didn't like it cause not she feed into the whole black girl is loud/ghetto when she went to Canada and saw that they aren't like that.

• She did both white and black girls impressions at the same time but I don’t understand why people who got offended only specify black girl impression as offensive?

The first time she did it she literally said black men are like gangsters..... you'd think she'd learn her lesson after that but nooo she still went ahead and pushed a negative stereotype of black women the second time

EDIT: to answer your question there's enough representation of white people in the media for stereotypes like these to not be harmful to them. But stereotypes are more harmful to minorities because people who don't really live in diverse communities make biased assumptions off of things like this.

Edited once, last by seoulgi ().

If you don't understand it. then no thanks. "Oh she did black girls and white girls and I don't get why the black girls is racist? What is multiculturalism? Do we need to have a talk about racial appropriation because this song is sometimes the definition? Honestly, when even other Korean groups get it but you don't.......

i don't get your point here? are you expecting other people do get offended on the behalf of white people or what? if a black person says an impression of black people in that manner is mocking bc we always get portrayed as damaging stereotypes, why cant you just listen? instead you're bringing up the fact that white people, who are not a marginalized group solely boiled down to damaging stereotypes, are not equally upset about an impression of them.

who's your favorite artist?

• i don't get your point here? are you expecting other people do get offended on the behalf of white people or what? if a black person says an impression of black people in that manner is mocking bc we always get portrayed as damaging stereotypes, why cant you just listen? instead you're bringing up the fact that white people, who are not a marginalized group solely boiled down to damaging stereotypes, are not equally upset about an impression of them.

Basically you want to tell Asians that stereotyping a group of people is wrong but then also imply that stereotyping the other group of people who are not a minority in a certain country is okay? What I am saying is both are wrong but the fact you stress on one while totally ignoring the other that happened with it just takes away from the whole meaning to me. I am not saying it’s okay to stereotype black people. I don’t know how you got that from what I said but I am saying both impressions she did were wrong.

lt64IYu.gif

• Basically you want to tell Asians that stereotyping a group of people is wrong but then also imply that stereotyping the other group of people who are not a minority in a certain country is okay? What I am saying is both are wrong but the fact you stress on one while totally ignoring the other that happened with it just takes away from the whole meaning to me. I am not saying it’s okay to stereotype black people. I don’t know how you got that from what I said but I am saying both impressions she did were wrong.

WHERE did i say this? i never said white people shouldn't get offended at similar things. again, why are you expecting me or others to get upset on behalf of white people? it is not my place to say what is or isn't offensive for them. im not "stressing" anything. im speaking as a black person on why black people found that impression particularly egregious. stop trying to spin it any other way.

who's your favorite artist?

• WHERE did i say this? i never said white people shouldn't get offended at similar things. again, why are you expecting me or others to get upset on behalf of white people? it is not my place to say what is or isn't offensive for them. im not "stressing" anything. im speaking as a black person on why black people found that impression particularly egregious. stop trying to spin it any other way.

Okay I see. If that’s not what you meant then I misunderstood you.

lt64IYu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!