Only 7 days after BTS announced their break of group activities AND THE AFTERMATH

• Wow the news articles. I can’t believe their own National Pension was heavily invested in BTS. It seems the misinformation spread by the kmedia has caused all this.

But as always some are still trying to blame Hybe and to an extent BTS for their losses

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The phrase “you don’t know what you have until you lose it” is becoming so clear. And now I understand all the outrage and insensitive comments the KSA and that music critic made. BTS decision is really hurting them lowkey :woow:

• I had hear a rumor that South Korea had a large junk of the seniors pension invested in Hybe

The fact that the SK Government dicked around with dangling talks of military exemption for fucking years upon years.

BTS wanted a break in 2020 and they continued on making music and having online concerts and the government knew Jin’s enlistment was coming closer and closer.

Fuck them. The Government screwed themselves

• Like I’m still trying to wrap my head around this. I didn’t know the government literally had a direct stake in BTS income. Like this news is blowing my mind and they are literally the 3rd biggest shareholder in Hybe.

Did their government have a conflict of interests or what?

• :pepe-shrug:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Like I’m still trying to wrap my head around this. I didn’t know the government literally had a direct stake in BTS income. Like this news is blowing my mind and they are literally the 3rd biggest shareholder in Hybe.

Did their government have a conflict of interests or what?

Exactly. The government really controlling their future. And did BTS really fuck them over by calling their bluff and announcing this break to get control back

• But even if they gave them the exemption, BTS needs the break right? But an exemption would mean that instead of serving in the military, they had to be active as a Group to make money. If they would have gave them the exemption, BTS couldn’t take a break cause this would make a lot of people angry.

Tbh… I think BTS dodged a bullet with not getting the exemption, deserved or not… it’s better to have no connections to anything regrading the government. This way they are free and can do whatever they want without owning anyone anything.

• All of this fall out just because BTS wanted to take a break from group music activities. And yet people still act like they don't understand the insane level that BTS is at and all the extra crap they have to deal with that no other idols or artists have to deal with.

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• But even if they gave them the exemption, BTS needs the break right? But an exemption would mean that instead of serving in the military, they had to be active as a Group to make money. If they would have gave them the exemption, BTS couldn’t take a break cause this would make a lot of people angry.

Tbh… I think BTS dodged a bullet with not getting the exemption, deserved or not… it’s better to have no connections to anything regrading the government. This way they are free and can do whatever they want without owning anyone anything.

The issue here isn’t really the exemption but the fact that the kmedia run their mouth all over the place, leading to these massive losses. Because in all honesty BTS is still running and putting out music. Although I admit concert revenue(where a huge chunk of the profit lies) will take a while to return.

Now I’m not even surprised the president came out to drop that statement.

Imo I still think Hybe was eyeing for that exemption/alternative service, after that statement they made at Las Vegas, that the Defense ministry should hurry with their decision. I doubt they will make mention of it if they didn’t care.

But anyways what matters at the end of the day is BTS own feelings. BTS needs their well deserved break. That’s for sure.

After all those condescending statements and slanders they have put BTS through this week by kmedia and knetizens, I just want to sit at the sideline and watch BTS get vindicated :pepe-tea:

• I think my algorithms must be misleading bc I mostly seen correct articles about bts taking a temporary break as a group. Yonhap even reported their surprise that international media were “mass producing faulty articles that bts split up”. But yeah maybe my search history is different…

But sure shit like this is upsetting

I’m not surprised BTS split
    The life of the K-pop band seemed like a formula for nervous collapse when I interviewed them in Seoul four years ago, writes Richard Lloyd Parry
    www.thetimes.co.uk

Is BTS Breaking Up? - The Journal. - WSJ Podcasts
    The biggest pop band in the world right now is the seven member K-Pop sensation, BTS. This week, the band released a video signaling that they’re tired and…
    www.wsj.com

• I bet those articles were already made and cooking in the oven. :suure:

Are those yonhap articles later released or they were directly released immediately after the festa meeting?

Are those yonhap articles later released or they were directly released immediately after the festa meeting?

I remember immediately after the festa dinner, a lot of major western media reported the right thing and the Korean media had dodgy titles about this news. I remember because I was thinking this is like the reverse when BTS announced their few months break back in 2019, where majority of western media was incorrectly assumed their break up and kmedia did not.

There were some immediate articles the following hours asking “are bts splitting up?” but most I saw at least the day after (from serious news sources) simply stated they were on a temporary break from group activities. Which is true.

The yonhap article came 2 days after festa, since that’s when international media caught wind of it

I also saw a nice article how bts practice what they preach with their “love yourself” concept as taking a break and taking care of themselves. But of course why care for positive articles.. :suure:

Also - not directed at you but to peeps in general - when you say all those “knetz” say this and that:

- have you seen the comment field under international articles?? “Good riddance of those chink bastards” “who cares about those faggots”

Why are any stupid comment ever by some random Korean blown out of proportion but i-netz get away w murder?

Also, why don’t you see all supportive Korean comments?

I’m tired.

• I remember immediately after the festa dinner, a lot of major western media reported the right thing and the Korean media had dodgy titles about this news. I remember because I was thinking this is like the reverse when BTS announced their few months break back in 2019, where majority of western media was incorrectly assumed their break up and kmedia did not.

So this is not a dodgy article to you?

I’m not surprised BTS split
    The life of the K-pop band seemed like a formula for nervous collapse when I interviewed them in Seoul four years ago, writes Richard Lloyd Parry
    www.thetimes.co.uk

• I’m also curious

When you say k-news, what does that refer to? The actual news feed where you can se a variety of news, but also based on source can determine if it’s somewhat serious or not?

Or articles picked by translated kpop sites, cause that shit is not representative at fcking all

I have seen several threads here with sources like the equivalence to “Horse and hound” and then bold claims “kmedia says the is and that” when really it’s one article from a less credible source

Current news feed of the dreaded media

Proof sales in Japan, bts part of new metaverse project, appreciation of jimin

E6EC8550-C1B1-40E7-94E4-84048FFE2D2B.jpg

• I was talking about the news immediately after (the ones that were shared in my TL). But of course after that, all hell broke loose lol.

Of course there are supportive Korean comments. But those were suppressed by the loud negative ones. Even Kim Youngdae the music critic has always highlighted how BTS been downplayed and put in the negative light by k-media. I know many koreans love and support BTS and I’m forever grateful for that.

Anyway back to the original issue. I hope the train that blame BTS or Hybe because of them needing a break will not take off. But knowing the media (and others who will benefits from Hybe’s downfall ie the western music industry - because it’s evident that other kpop labels need BTS and Hybe), I’m sure it’s just wishful thinking in my part. Be prepared fellow ARMYs :(

• Pretty staggering numbers

• All of this fall out just because BTS wanted to take a break from group music activities. And yet people still act like they don't understand the insane level that BTS is at and all the extra crap they have to deal with that no other idols or artists have to deal with.

So true.

• I was talking about the news immediately after (the ones that were shared in my TL). But of course after that, all hell broke loose lol.

Of course there are supportive Korean comments. But those were suppressed by the loud negative ones. Even Kim Youngdae the music critic has always highlighted how BTS been downplayed and put in the negative light by k-media. I know many koreans love and support BTS and I’m forever grateful for that.

Anyway back to the original issue. I hope the train that blame BTS or Hybe because of them needing a break will not take off. But knowing the media (and others who will benefits from Hybe’s downfall ie the western music industry - because it’s evident that other kpop labels need BTS and Hybe), I’m sure it’s just wishful thinking in my part. Be prepared fellow ARMYs :(

And international media can get away w anything and are never questioned… sigh

• I think you are the one reaching here. Everyone knows the only knetizens and kmedia news being brought up in this discussion are those slandering BTS. All my posts clearly reference them, and posts I’ve seen so far here seem to be talking about the same thing too.

It wasn’t just one random Korean comment. The fact that the most upvoted comment under this article literally mocks BTS and invalidates them for just saying they are burnt out and mentally tired from everything; these are the kind of people we are discussing here.

2BBD6AD6-D211-4999-9E7F-0DAF0CDEB61F.jpeg

No one is bringing up knetizens who are minding their business and just supporting the guys because this discussion is not about them. If it was, they will be brought up too. I think if you want to focus on that, you can create a thread and shine light on it. That would be great :borahae:

International articles and i netizens spilling the same bs are all part of this boat. They aren’t excluded. I’ve seen so many of those articles that I’m even getting tired. They all deserve the lashings. I’ll just wait for karma to strike :pepe-tea:

• I don’t agree with this. I think many people on this forum have a very hard time distinguishing between a real korea and nitpicked comments

But I’m tired of this lonely battle of the understanding of a diversified view of Korea. So I’ll just leave

• It's mind blowing how these 7 nugus who debuted in 2013, years later, would have gotten TOO BIG that they can immensely impact SK economy.

Wow Shocked GIF by Spotify

True. I mean even though 0.3% is not that much when compared to Korea’s overall gdp, it’s still insane they can even contribute a percentage of it.

And since we sometimes make jokes about how BTS carry the kpop industry and stuff like that, it’s quite an eye opening when we see it in action :huuh:

The western music industry? That’s an interesting pov. I never imagined them trying to get involved with this too

But isn’t UMG the biggest music label? I doubt they will sit on the sideline if there’s any behind the scene ploys going on against BTS in the west.

• I am surprised that the SK pension didn’t sell out of Hybe at the peak stock price. They would have known enlistment for BTS is coming to a head this year

I am even more surprised they invested in Hybe knowing how they are still very much dependent on BTS and they had a looming enlistment coming up. I wonder if they knew something the rest of the gp didn’t know.

I just read their National Pension is very prudent with their stocks investment, buying and investing more in stable stocks from bigger companies. They definitely have analysts to advise them on these decisions. So I also find it hard to believe that they didn’t see this drop coming

Maybe they are waiting for some later good news and they may be aware their stocks can rebound again. Maybe that’s why they are not just cashing out yet :/

• National Assembly Blaming BTS's break for halting discussion on Exemption :pepe-clown-gear:

:pepenomad:

• National Assembly Blaming BTS's break for halting discussion on Exemption :pepe-clown-gear:

:pepenomad:

so anti site is back again? even during a break people just won't leave bts alone :pepe-shame:

• Blame the younger K-O-R-E-A-N men who wanted BTS to spend time on the military and also blame the person under this sentence whom the Koreans think is higher than BTS.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!