Are there other groups aside from SNSD that proudly say the name of their group when "bragging?"

• I have noticed throught the years that SNSD say "i am Girl's Generation" a lot of times when people praise them or say something positive about them just to give a few examples

When Sooyoung was learning a dance very quick the coreographer tells her wow you are learning it so quick and Sooyoung smiles and replies "I am Girl's Generation"

Same thing with Yoona in Power Up dance challenge i think Seulgi praises her for learning the dance fast and Yoona just says "I am Girl's Generation" while smiling and pointing her fingers to herself

There are other times when they use that phrase and i have seen even other idols using the phrase like "they are Girl Generation" when praising something like popularity about them so it's a phrase that even other idols (2nd generation) Acknowledge and use which i found kind of interesting, are there any other group's that use their group's name like that?

• I also noticed this with snsd members

They call themselves soshi in Korean

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think it's a very SM Entertainment thing... Super Junior's Heechul once said on a variety show (can't remember where the clip came from; Edit: Found the source.) that in SM Ent's culture, they are trained to believe they are the best. Especially after harsh internal competition to debut. So pride in themselves and the brand that the company created for them is a natural outflow of that kind of company culture.

I can see why many fans find that appealing, and pride in following "the best" or "the top" is a big part of the whole approach of marketing that SM Entertainment uses for their idols. It gets reflected in their fandoms as well... fans feel a vicarious sense of pride in following idols who proudly claim to belong to "the best groups". (Regardless of what the actual idols think, that is nonetheless how they are marketed to fans... and over time it becomes a self-perpetuating belief.)

I personally don't see much appeal in that, since I'm much more drawn to the opposite value of humility, but different strokes for different folks.

• not a group but we do have a JYP that inserts his name at the start of other Idol group's songs even tho he isn't the one that's singing it

*JYP whisper...*

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There's also the phrase "As expected of SNSD" used in general when they do something great.

It's really amazing SNSD went from just the group name to being more of a title like Sir. SNSD Taeyeon carries more weight than just Taeyeon for example. It got to the point where pretty much every female celeb said they could've been in SNSD just for the clout.

• I think it's a very SM Entertainment thing... Super Junior's Heechul once said on a variety show (can't remember where the clip came from; Edit: Found the source.) that in SM Ent's culture, they are trained to believe they are the best. Especially after harsh internal competition to debut. So pride in themselves and the brand that the company created for them is a natural outflow of that kind of company culture.

I can see why many fans find that appealing, and pride in following "the best" or "the top" is a big part of the whole approach of marketing that SM Entertainment uses for their idols. It gets reflected in their fandoms as well... fans feel a vicarious sense of pride in following idols who proudly claim to belong to "the best groups". (Regardless of what the actual idols think, that is nonetheless how they are marketed to fans... and over time it becomes a self-perpetuating belief.)

I personally don't see much appeal in that, since I'm much more drawn to the opposite value of humility, but different strokes for different folks.

This is completely wrong in every experience I’ve had with exo so certainly it’s not an SM ENT thing. I don’t remember red velvet behaving like this either.

Clearly it’s only a trait perpetuated by some and not others.

In my experience praising themselves or using EXO as a brand for greatness by members themselves is extremely rare. In the opposite the only feeling from EXO you get is they don’t even know their own greatness.

I’ve only noticed exo members praising each other but for themselves they’re quite humble.

• hmm not really

I dont think i've heard them say i'm bts

There is this running joke of saying "do u know bts?" which they used to ask from strangers when they were not so known lol

Last time one of them asked someone when they were on the new zealand trip and others were so embarassed ^^

Edited once, last by tetetete ().

In SNSD case it’s not about arrogance or lack of humility, it’s pride of who they are and what they achieved. Like I said earlier the name SNSD has evolved to become more like a title. Media and Korea put SNSD on a very high pedestal that everything about them was seen as top tier/premium. Female celebs tried to cash in on this by saying they could’ve been SNSD through very shallow reasoning (eg they once auditioned at sm = almost SNSD).

The members know this, after they went through all the highs and lows for themselves, and the expectation that it brings so of course when they feel they met those expectations they’ll say it’s because they’re SNSD, though often in a joking manner like in the cases op pointed out. They’ll praise each other more than themselves. They’ve never said they’re better than anyone else or they deserve things more than others. Plus with controlled and critical kpop is if they ever were being arrogant or divas they would’ve been exposed for bad attitude years ago but everyone they’ve ever worked with has showered them with praises.

• I only remember recently when Suga was quick to learn the choreo for That that, the choreographer praised him. And Suga said “I’m an idol after all” lol.

• There blackpink in your area

But that’s not really the same. Still a subtle flex in Bp songs, letting people know they’re here to slay hehe

Also soyeon often references queendom in her raps. It’s not the same but it’s still a bragging point cuz the show was quite popular and she was in it.

• In my experience praising themselves or using EXO as a brand for greatness by members themselves is extremely rare. In the opposite the only feeling from EXO you get is they don’t even know their own greatness.

I’ve only noticed exo members praising each other but for themselves they’re quite humble.

Exo members are humble af, they don't realize how popular and huge they are. They also don't understand how popular they are, but when it comes to acknowledging that they as group are talented they and that they always strive to improve themselves, they always acknowledge that (as they should). :pepe-tea:

• Exo members are humble af, they don't realize how popular and huge they are. They also don't understand how popular they are, but when it comes to acknowledging that they as group are talented they and that they always strive to improve themselves, they always acknowledge that (as they should). :pepe-tea:

To be honest they only say other members are great rarely about themselves like OP suggests. They’re chronically self depreciating

“I need to improve”

“I’ll do better”

“I’m learning”

I don’t think EXO have ever said anything other than those words about themselves lol. If they learn something quick or do something on those variety shows they don’t accept that praise readily like these SNSD members are doing as described by OP. All ksoo does is for eg nod his head vehemently against it 🤣🤣🤣

So OP’s examples don’t really apply to EXO members Kek.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!