Posts by SendFoodPics

Call me crazy but IVE, Billlie, Purple Kiss, PIXY, LIGHTSUM Kep1er, LE SSERAFIM, NMIXX, CLASS:y. Baemon and Ador girls are set to debut soon as well.

I know that theoretically there are always a shit ton of nugus debuting and disbanding at any given time, but honestly, I've been here since 2nd gen and the girl group market never felt as oversaturated as it feels now. There are so many girl groups debuting from big or medium agencies that have quite a bit of fans and the competition is insane. I don't even know who to stan anymore.

Thoughts?

Way more companies are debuting idols + oftentimes companies are debuting 2-3 ggs like HYBE has 3 ggs coming in total, JYP has 3 active ggs, MNET consistently makes Produce shows...etc. I think the closest we've gotten was 2014-2015 with Red Velvet, Mamamoo, LABOUM, Lovelyz, Sonamoo, Berry Good, TWICE, Oh My Girl, CLC, DIA and April. 56 ggs debuted in 2014 and 53 in 2015.

Also AJAX's already tattered group reputation was tattered even more when former AJAX member YunYoung began slandering victims of Naeun (his alleged girlfriend)'s behavior. He decided that it was more important to throw a girl under the bus and treat her as a crazy woman because his girlfriend was involved.

But this isn't about that really, I've never seen a company fumble a bag with a bg this bad. A-Jax had it all: KARA's little brothers, rich(er) agency, and good songs.

What is A-Jax you might say. A DSP boygroup from around 2012 to 2019.

- They were one of the rising rookies in 2012 but DSP stopped promoting them in 2013, just one year after their debut.

- They went on hiatus and lost 3 members. The company was so bad their main vocalist Sungmin quit to become a rapper. They made him a main vocal when he was passionate about rapping.....imagine Big Hit forcing RM to become a main vocalist because he was stable.

- Then added a member in 2015 that NEVER had an official debut (Joonghee said that he was a trainee on his The Unit PR video) in South Korea, had their C-debut cancelled, their Korean comeback cancelled two times, and promoted in Japan with two singles between 2016 and 2018.

- They had some of the best concepts in kpop. They had a Greek God theme, Boy Scout theme, Insane theme and devil concepts. Yet they were never promoted. KARA was huge: it was like if after Treasure debuted and were mediaplayed as "BP's younger juniors" + a YG group and then the company dropped them.

Why?

There will never be a concept again like this in kpop.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

- Then their most popular member, their leader had a video he sent to an alleged sponser leaked.

- They were so unlucky, only April uncle fans went to their last event whereas they had so much hype at debut.

Super talented: they made a "response" video to SNSD's Run Devil Run Sones will enjoy:

(only if you read the lyrics though)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And crazily-shot dance practices

I'm not surprised in the slightest. I called it a month ago. The writing was on the wall.

I remember reading this thread, you were right.

She's kind of a plastic surgery (or maybe makeup) disaster, but she was the one your eyes were always drawn to in Majors videos. The group will be hurt if she really is leaving.

Nope. First of all that's quite cruel to say. Good styling will do wonders, nugu agencies really have it hard, and oftentimes make their idols look worse accidentally.

She is an extremely talented idol and if they ever have a show like The Unit (except it is commercially successful this time) I think she'd be the Yang Jiwon of the season easily. She has it all. I can't think of any other nugu idol who's this respected for her skills universally.

Correct, but the feeder schools aren't competent and easily manipulated.

I heavily believe April (especially Naeun)'s scandal really hit SOPA hard as even as a rookie Naeun and Jinsoul had similar pre-debut bullying accusations.

I just can't believe HYBE threw Garam to the fire like that. This girl is a minor and has like 0 media experience or press experience. They handled Mingyu's thing so well but they seem to be just throwing her in it.

yeah, almost unheard of, of something like this happening, which is so bewildering. but definitely as most said wanna wait for official statements, that may give more details/insight. it would almost be impossible to find out who could have done it as well.

See there are crazies out there:

a) kpop groups are just starting concerts

b) Ateez has a lot of international fans in the kpop community

c) if ateez are known to have a strong younger female fandom + atinys can be targets

I have heard of this with Monsta X concerts...also a strong massive female slant to the fandom (besides Wonho fanboys).

Garam is 16, right? So much hate for a teenager, I wonder if knets are all right? And when did Garam bullied the alleged victims? At 15, 14?

I believe her + victims are same age/similar grade. I haven't seen anything to the contrary. Considering she has a December birthday, I am assuming 14-15 is right.

I'm still staying neutral

Same.

Wut? I havent read a single fact attached to this case yet. Not a single victim's name, not a single witness, not a single location, not a single date or time, not a single report of any kind, not a single piece of audio or visual evidence.

And yet the accusers are willing to actually come out and testify against Garam? I mean if they're willing to go that far, why havent they come forward like how Irene's stylist came forward? They couldve gotten her kicked out of Hybe without ever needing to go through an actual investigation.

It's a bit complicated.

The victim actually commented on Garam's debut video: obviously the victim is under legal gag: HYBE has sent her a notice that she is committing libel. That means she has to prove she is telling the truth --> she cannot be saying her story to the press right now because rookie level 101 that will compromise the case.

All evidence, censored names (minors) will be going to the police straightforward since HYBE took action. Dates, everything.

----------------------------------

Irene's stylist was not sued by SM, because a) the stylist was an known woman in the industry with audio recordings and Irene was in the industry enough that a lot of people would have supported the stylist and b) SM realized that RV's backlash would increase had they dragged out the case with Irene since plenty of people (Belle Shao who is very powerful and can blacklist RV easily) didn't like her either. Garam is not the most popular in Lesserafirm. Irene, who was also the face of RV, had more to lose for the group.

This is a high school accusation. This makes it harder: I am assuming most of the parties are minors (like Garam herself) and so there's going to be less influence backing them up. There's no Belle Shiao here.

Also SOPA is known for being a very lax school education wise. Teachers don't really take bullying reports, SOPA had a huge abuse scandal for that reason years ago. There is no huge figure of authority.

The only way (to international fans) the victim can build credibility is if she/he reveals their face. But then their lives would be easily ruined by C-fans.

SOPA students who support the victim are posting that they will also be supporting + giving a testimony under closed doors if called to do so. That's what has had Kfans riled up, as at the exact moment, you have Chaewon's clarification statement.

Again, I'm neutral but it's going to drag out for a while: it isn't a good look for Garam and even HYBE in K-netz's eyes to go "shamelessly" promote especially when less people are defending her. Not to mention HYBE's clarification statements are coming from.....twitter. Not an official source. That's also not a good look.

But HYBE can't do much here: Lesserafirm have debuted and they need to promote. OFC HYBE will try and alleviate the situation with Garam through the media, as any company. Ofc if she's innocent they'll defend her. But the thing is even if she's not they'll defend her.

Also speaking of which, in general akgaeism has increased among Kfans. It's not the old group fan days.

Even my own bias in Aespa gets sometimes cold K-Mys and she knows that, which is why she performs the weirdest aegyo possible in fancalls, and Yiren got it even worse in Everglow, since being from a Chinese company was what was directly hindering the group, Everglow's K-fans were not happy about the only Chinese member.

This is a much worse case though. I don't think anything could be done for Garam: it seems like she's guilty if they pull her out, if they showcase her even more backlash will continue and get worse, if they delay debut there's 2 other HYBE ggs debuting this year. The group will handle/learn how to handle it though with PR coaches.

What I'm shocked about is the stark popularity difference between unnie line and maknae line: Obviously Yunjin is the most popular in-fandom, Sakura/Chaewon/even now Kazuka's huge fanbases are showing as well but even Eunchae has less cheers and people know she has a good personality. I think age-gap groups don't work as well as they used to anymore. The company was probably going to push the two maknaes together, but now it would bring Eunchae a lot of hate as well. K-fans are trying to make an effort for Eunchae, but the debut is going to severely effect the popularity of these two.

Uh it's not resolved at all. The minor(s) who have recieved the HYBE legal fees are saying they'll take it to court + other people have been submitting appeals to actually testify against Garam. Even something like the Lia/Hyunjin stuff recently didn't go this far and knetz are bashing both of them so they aren't going to spare Garam at all. This is similar to that girl in My Teenage Girl who had her rank drop bad.

Twitter threads don't solve anything at the end of the day. Sure cases like AOA's turned out more complex, but there's a ton of naysayers that believe April didn't bully Hyunjoo where it has been proven multiple and multiple times.

Again, SOPA has a ton of idol students so this is consistently hitting the news. I cannot believe how unbelievably awkward this will get if they have more fan meets in person. My policy is to stay neutral but I can do that as a non-fan. For the fans...yeah it's an impossible situation especially since she's one of the centers.

from what i've seen in dvd's and pictures ateez concerts usually don't have a pit they have stands and like floor chairs, and with the one on the dvd from last year covid had begun and everyone had to wear masks and stay seated, of course that could have changed with some of the restrictions being lifted and depending on the venue as well. I wasn't able to attend their concert when they came to the u.s. because i wasn't about to drive that distance and then drive back home. and i was moving. But i have never known ateez concerts to get overly rowdy lol

would be interesting to see pictures of how that venue looked, though i haven't personally gone looking. Being malicious for the sake of being malicious is sick and anyone who does it needs some serious help. Still, without officially knowing, I do hope if it happened the family gets justice and anyone else that may have gotten hurt/injured make a recovery.

Karma is a bitch and has no deadline.

That's why I'm so worried if it actually happened. Kpop concerts don't tend to be rowdy so these kinds of crimes are more dangerous as they can easily impact more people.

omgg speaking of end parts, IU is really good at endings: especially with My Sea.

Purple Kiss have such emotional voices.

They are a kpop idol group? Or an indie group?

It was a kpop idol group! :(

This is the only track I can find and this wasn't the song I was talking about...fun fact: Yellow is the best kpop group vocally EVER! 1 member better than Ailee....

In order to debut, you are forced to get one. Would you rather have a triangle jaw with SM or a witch nose with Hybe?

You're forgetting a lot of these companies get botox/shots ie Jaw shots + nose fillers. It's too expensive to give everyone a jaw shave and HYBE isn't (hopefully) dumb enough to give everyone an L implant.

As long as I don't have to get the Putin/Bradley Cooper pillow face combo I'm good with anything ;(;(;(;(

Edit: give me that Joe Biden face lift. It's nicely done.

There's also a common song structure that Fromis_9 does in their songs that I really like. Where at many parts they do this trade off between a single member and the group. Where one member will sing and then the group kind of "answers" the line with a group call back in the background. Airplane Mode has it as well as Feel Good.

<3

I used to follow this nugu group called Yellow that did the same thing, and they disbanded very quickly. Now I'm said because I forgot about them for ~6 years :(. I can't even find them on youtube: all I get is Yellow Bee and Yellow the Lee Hongki song.

that's terrible that people would even do that, but then again people do dumb stuff all time.

Yeah, i'm not seeing anything, seems like just a rumor but i don't want to discredit anything if it is true. Just weird to make a post and then delete it, like to me that shows someone is lying or maybe they didn't have their facts correct. either way, it's a terrible situation if it did, in fact happen.

Security is usually hired by the venue and the venue would be the ones to blame for not properly checking everyone or again, who knows where it came from, maybe not making sure everything was cleaned etc. So, I would hope that people aren't going to attack KQ or Ateez. Which I haven't seen happen. Venue's really need to take better precautionary measures if this is a known problem.

I wouldn't call it dumb - it's downright malicious although I understand the sentiment.

OFC this is completely on security - I would still get checked out if anyone on Allkpop actually went to that concert there.

Someone maybe didn't have the permission of the loved ones of that person to post as well - that has happened in the past, but again, it could be just a rumor. I think it is remarkably easy to get away with at a pit-concert type setting which is very sad. Especially since many young people (1st time concert goers) go to kpop concerts, it's very important to be careful.

I didn't know this song existed! Saved!