Posts by pravda

Currently on the YTD stock prices YG isn't doing the best, but they are also not doing terrible just not that good. They're up 2% YTD as compared to being -5% the year before so this is actually good and seems their stock is doing a bit of a turnaround.

So overall they are doing sub-par but are in the black. Note that stock price though isn't about how the company is doing now but how people think they will be doing in the next few years.

Comparison to others as of 11/26 close in Korea

JYP +51%, HYBE +31%, Cube +23%, SM +20%, FNC -11%, KOSPI(Korean stock index) +18%.

Inflation in Korea for 2023 3.6%

So bottom line.

• If you had invested in everyone BUT FNC you made money.
    • If you had invested in YG you made money but lost effective purchasing power due to inflation.
    • If you had invested in everyone BUT FNC or YG you gained more money over inflation. You also made more money with them than if you had invested in the Korean stock exchange as a general purchase.
    • If you had invested with JYP you made the most money on your stock.

ALSO if you had invested in SM you made an additional 1.33% due to their dividend. If you had invested with YG you would have gotten an additional 0.5%. If you had invested with JYP you got 0.38%.

HYBE,CUBE,FNC do not give dividends.

Cancelled for drinking coffee. I didn't realize tea drinkers were this petty.

I think they should be allowed to make complete fools of themselves if that's what they desire. This way they can grow up and slowly inform themselves, eventually leading to the realization of how badly they embarrassed themselves.

But we tea drinkers ARE. EARL GREY is the GOAT. We will take down all you premium roast blend people for complete world domination of caffeine supremacy.

IDK who left them a few years back but this year first Sho Hirano left them (Funfact: Sho's younger brother Riku is debuting as soloist this year) and later on two dudes called Yuta left the group. They all joined TOBE, a new company by a former Johnny's (now called STARTO) manager and producer called Takizawa Hideaki (he allready debuted a soloist and a boygroup. The soloist is a former V6 member called Ken Miyake and the group used to be trainees under Johnny's called IMPACTors but due to legal reasons had to rename themself into IMP. when debuting under TOBE). The members who left King&Prince are going to re-debut under TOBE next year with the new group name Number_i

To give you a full list behind the top10

#11 NewJeans (Korean girlgroup)

#12 Aimyon (female vocalist)

And this chart is from??? Without specific source work your list is worthless.

You never specified if this was a mid year chart from Oricon.

Snapshot of one week on Billboard etc..., Streaming from Apple or whatever

Far as I can tell this is from you using a random position generator.

For example

Oricon Mid year 2023 results for Artists is follows

1. King & Prince
    2. Snow Man
    3. SixTONES
    4. Stray Kids
    5. back number
    6. SEVENTEEN
    7. Naniwa Danshi
    8. Nogizaka46
    9. INI
    10. Official HIGE DANdism

So... Where did you get your data and what was the time frame?

I doubt it is because their new companies don't have clout.

Their sales alone give them the clout regardless of their actual companies.

Snowman, King & Prince, or all of their currently active groups are still immensely popular.

I think it is like you said NHK distancing themselves from the scandal. Very natural way to do things historically in Japan. It could also be the groups or their companies themselves. They want to distance themselves from the general public and let things die down for a while before going in the public eye away from their own fandom that they have already built.

Update. It was reported on NHK's website that per NHK rules that it will not issue new contracts with a company (Smile Up which is Johnyy's new name) unless it has competed all compensation to victims of their comanies actions. In other words there will NOT be any Johnny and Associates groups appearing on any NHK broadcast until that has been proven to NHK executives.

also it has been pointed that no artists from Johnny's / Smile Up were invited this year, i don't follow those groups so i wonder, are NHK trying to distance themselves from the controversy or do you think it's because the company doesn't has the same influence as before? if it's the former it would be a dumb way to "punish" them

I doubt it is because their new companies don't have clout.

Their sales alone give them the clout regardless of their actual companies.

Snowman, King & Prince, or all of their currently active groups are still immensely popular.

I think it is like you said NHK distancing themselves from the scandal. Very natural way to do things historically in Japan. It could also be the groups or their companies themselves. They want to distance themselves from the general public and let things die down for a while before going in the public eye away from their own fandom that they have already built.

Does YG have 40 actors and models? Because that's the only way the average payment per idol/celebrity will be equal between YGE and JYPE.

No idea who their actors and models are. But yes it could be 40 in total but I kind of doubt it and would put it at about 20-30.

Big Bang, Winner, IKON (they still have to pay them for their work), Also listed are 9 noted artists.

Also don't think that just cause a person is signed with the label they get the same money. The girls from BP I think get a bit more money than the guys from Treasure. So BP could get 2/3rds of the Money that they are dishing out and Treasure could be getting 1/30th of the money they are putting out. Just a blanket statement of trying to figure out who is cheaper than who is a complete wast of time and in the end you will be 100% wrong.

YG has a whole acting division and a modeling division. So they have A LOT MORE.

On the 10th JYPE "Finally" updated their financial results for 2022. Thus we have all the initial financial information for the 4 largest KPOP companies HYBE, JYP, SM, and YG. Source is either from the WSJ or the companies official web sights. (all number are in Millions of Korean Won ₩. So 1,000 = 1 Billion Won = 1000 Million Won, 1,000,000 = 1 Trillion Won)

So how did they all do.

Total Sales (How much money they physically received)

HYBE total sales going from 1,225,926 to 1,778,019 an increase of 42%

JYP total sales going from 193,900 to 345,892 an increase of 78%

SM total sales going from 579.876 to 848,422 an increase of 21%

YG total sales going from 355,631 to 391,197 an increase of 10%

Net profit. (How much they take after taxes, cost of goods EVERYTHING).

HYBE net profit going from 136,801 to 33,923 a decrease of 75%. (Note they still made money).

JYP net profit going from 67,500, to 67,501 (essentially the same from last year)

SM net profit going from 133,540 to 89,137 a decrease of 33%

YG net profit going from 6,948 to 38,090 an increase of 448% (Note that the had negative growth for the previous 3 years so big turn around)

So winners/losers. (Since all people here are mostly just success stans)

All companies increased their sales. Everyone was a winner in that regard (sorry everyone).

All companies made a profit (again sorry all you people out there that want company X to fail because you either want your favorite artists to be "FREE", or you want your rivals company to fail so they can be "FREE" from being a group.

HYBE had the highest sales increase while JYP had the highest percentage of sales increase.

YG had the lowest sales increase as well as the lowest percentage of sales increase.

YG had the highest NET increase while SM had the highest actual NET and JYPE had the best NET profit margin (NET/SALES) at 19.5%

HYBE had the lowest NET increase (negative actually), and YG had the lowest actual NET and HYBE had the lowest NET profit Margin at 1.9%

So who the #**!*! is #1.

Take your pick and massage the numbers so your favorites come out ahead with mind twisting logic.

My takeaway is.

#1 JYP. They had the highest % of sales increase and the second highest NET. They also have the best net profit margin. They did though have the second lowest NET increase.

#2 HYBE. They had the highest actual Sales increase but it was less as a % than JYP. They also had a huge drop in NET and actually the lowest NET of everyone with 5x lower in NET profit margin than anyone else.

#3 SM. They had the 3rd highest sales increase and the highest NET though it was a drop from the previous year by 33%.

#4 YG. They had the smallest Sales increase but the highest NET increase. But not giving that as much weight as they were starting from a point that was about 1/10th the NET from the other 3 companies in 2021. But that is still a great achievement for them as they "FINALY" got their costs under control this year and raised the Net PM from 2% to 9.7%.

I don't have Debt or Gross income numbers from everyone so I can't see who got more in debt yet so I can only do Sales/Net.

Also note for debt. Don't just say oh so and so's debt or liabilities has risen x times. You also need to look at their assets. If their assets grow as well then it is not a problem. It's when the Debt/Assets gets out of proportion that it becomes an issue. Note that Apple for instance which is considered a great run company has a L/A ratio of over 100%. As of 2021 no company was in trouble.

hybe still will be sm shareholder , but ftc can block them if they want to buy more shares

It would be difficult for the FTC of Korea for them to block a person from buying shares from one entity to another as that is a private transaction and unless things like insider trading is involved they have zero say. Since everything being talked about is public knowledge I don't see how they would be involved in LSM to HYBE stock sales.

LSM original suit wasn't that Kakao bought the shares it was that "new" shares were created thus effecting existing shares. Korea doesn't allow things like "Poison pill" techniques so they can't just do that without shareholder approval.

The only thing I think the FTC could block was the creation of the new shares which is already being litigated.

I thought Market cap is what matters not stock price. Stock price is meaningless if the number of stock options is less.

Sorry. You are correct. Stock Price * Shares = Market cap.

It can be complicated though as all you need to buy is "Voting" Stock. So it is really Valuation of the voting stock not really just general stock. I don't know if they having things like Golden Shares, Preferred stock or if it is all just general stock. I think JYP just has general stock which means all of it is voting stock.

JYP has a higher valuation that SM so swallowing JYP would be harder to absorb by a stock trade. The fact that their sales is less is completely irrelevant. The stock value is all that matters. Also if HYBE was to try and take over YG, SM, and JYP. Then monopoly laws (I think they do exist in Korea) will kick in. As long as strong competition exists outside of HYBE then those laws don't trigger. Your mostly allowed to become the biggest through internally generated success but you are not allowed to BUY other people to crush competition.

This whole issue really knocked SM stocks for a loop Yesterday.

Stocks for YG/SM/JYP started the day with a small dip then all stocks rose moderately in the middle of the day with SM rising 7.3%, YG +2.5% and JYP +3.1%

However by the end of the day with the um lawsuit.

JYP was up 1.3%, YG was up 1.0% but SM was DOWN -5.2% thus a change of -11.6% from their daily high to close of the day.

JYP/YG were basically close to each other but SM was at a huge high followed by a huge low. They got hammered.

Or let see the double standard korean give to them just because they are from jyp while hate xg because they are from nugu company

They already did get hate. Guess you missed it. It happened in 2020.

Had someone faked a twitter account to try and drive hate to the group.

Had a faked accusation of one person being fired for leaking.

Had an accusation of being a descendant of a war criminal.

Hate against their vocals (well some of them. Their main vocalists no)

Hate against their dancing.

JYPE called a traitor to Korea for giving away "KPOP SECRETS"

All before they even debuted. In Japan. From some Korean.

So. your late.

Shocked to be people shocked by this "cough" revelation.

Of course I'll be shocked even more if people aren't shocked in the future that they aren't a Korean group/company etc in another week were people have to be BEATEN into accepting they aren't from YG.

again.

and...

again.

maybe aespa Next Level?

That one isn't even close. It's at 255M and growing at 2.5M a month. Boom Boom is growing at 2.7M a month so it won't catch up unless something drastic changes. The closest one is ITZY with 481M and growing at 4.3M a month and since it came out in 2020 it's grown won't be diminishing that much as time goes on.

IIIFFF you want to count KDA which only had 1/3 of (G)I-dle and two non Korean soloists... Then they are the closest with 538M and growing at 3.1M a month.

At this rate none of the groups will unless something drastic happens to increase their popularity. If that happens than any group can achieve it.