Posts by pravda

All of the above and none of the above.

The bottom line of a groups success is just that. The bottom line.

Are they making a good bit of money then they are a success and doesn't matter if it comes from youtube views, concerts or even just CFs. The person that tanks with streams but sells 20,000,000 albums will be laughing at your "But they don't chart" comment as they drive by in their Bugatti Chiron.

KPOP in general is an Idol business. It has very little to do with Singing/Dancing or whatever. It's about you idolizing them for whatever reason. I can be you love them for their stage performances which is ITZY. It could also be because their vocals, looks, stage presence, they are the first group you've seen, your brother likes them, your sister hates them, you got caught in the hype, you despise there competition. Makes no difference and no sense at all but that is the IDOL business. I mean some people get into groups because there fans are known to be toxic and you need that level of hate in your life. Really sad that last one but it's very accurate. It's just there is no set reason why one group is popular and one isn't.

Maya, Ayaka, Mayuka, Miihi, and Nina have all reported that they have recently caught the Covid 19 infection.

Originally it was reported that Mayuka had caught the disease but it later turned out that four others had also caught the infection after the entire group tested for the virus.

No update if or what symptoms they are experiencing.

In the VERY old days an album sale was usually an individual person buying that Album to listen to it. If you think of it that term absolutely not. Some people by 5, 10+ albums. That skews everything as they aren't buying the album but the photocards or "bragging" rights. Today's 100K albums sold is to maybe 30K people. So yes it's a legit sale but it may not really relate to how big their fandom is just how rich and wacko they are. Heck in Japan they have evidence of people buying 100s of Albums just so they can get a longer period of time holding their "favs" hand. Thankfully it isn't that bad in Korea yet.

For me Harvey is the standout as she has a nice natural look to her with an exceedingly charming smile. She can do the fierce but that isn't her natural state. She has good dance lines and decent vocals.

While I think the group is fantastic in every way I can't get into them though as I really don't like their music. I'm not into Western (American) pop music and this has that style written all over it. Makes me sad I can't get into them.

:pepe-sad:

I thought they were jpop? Saw them walking into SBS. Studios in a video posted.

Technically a bit of both or I guess all 3. They are a JPOP group that sings only Western English type songs and only promote in Korea. Kind of like a group searching for a home. So I guess they are just a pop group right now.

As for how people are receiving them it's a mixed bag. Internationally people are kind of noticing them. Don't know how they are received in Korea but in Japan they are a non entity. That last has got to be harsh for them. Maybe they will rise up but right now they aren't being noticed that much.

Pretty sure HYBE was rumored to be planning one.

And that's crazy! Twice's Public Interest is 2nd/3rd out of the whole list? Wonder how they measured that.

What they do is they show a random group of people on the street a picture of a group. If they don't recognize the group they go on to the next group. If they do recognize the group they ask if they are strongly interested in the group. That's how they get the total score. And it does have to be strongly interested in the group not just causal interest.

Overall I would say it was not a wrong decision. I don't think she is decent enough singer to go solo. If I was WM, I would make an idol group with her and other older trainees like her. Like Viviz debubted after Gfriend disbanded. And go for a sexy concept which is missing in 3rd and 4th gen groups.

That is exactly what was going to happen. BUT then after WM was acquired by RBW they killed the group and let all the girls go. Of the girls let go only one girl is active in H1-Key. The rumor is that RBW Forced WM to not debut any groups for 3 years after acquisition as they would be in direct competition with their own groups.

HAHA. Why would you question if Stray Kids is 4G if you don't question The Boyz being in 4G yet they debuted before Stray Kids.

But on topic. It's just people on this forum that are being more present for their GG favs than the boy groups. 4G BG are doing very well and gaining traction all the time at about the same rate as the GG's. It is just that people on this forum like fan wars more than they actually like their favs.

Savage alone managed to ouchart any RV release in Japan Hot100, I don't think Avex is the reason why they didn't do well(though it was probably a big factor) GP just didn't receive them well

But outside of a few groups Avex is kind of in a weird place right now

Even Warner, who has been doing a good job at promoting TWICE, NiziU & ITZY's releases would be a better choice

I think you meant Sony for NiziU.

But I agree Sony or Warner would have been a better choice even if they cost more for Distribution rights.

It’s technically the same standard age for both but it’s calculated differently in SK. Not that they actually wait till the international age is 20+ to be considered an adult.

Just wanna clarify that 20 in korean age is 19 in international age. Koreans stop being considered minors the year they turn nineteen.

So for example BP debuted with no minors in the group.

LovenRose @kirishiki

Sorry people your wrong.

Quote from Wikipedia.

"For official government uses, documents, and legal procedures, the international system is used. Regulations regarding age limits on beginning school, as well as the age of consent, are all based on this system (man-nai).[11][15] The age qualifier for tobacco and alcohol use is actually similar to, but distinct from the East Asian reckoning system. A person is allowed tobacco and alcohol if it is after January 1 of the year one turns nineteen (post-birth age).[16] This is the "year age", which is basically (Korean age – one), or when a person's Korean age is twenty"