Posts by zoned-in

The opinion of their kfandom is also at the core, of highest importance, and that goes to the rest of the other groups too. The korean fandom's voices will always weigh heaviest. I-fans and their never ending virtue-signaling whenever issues on groups always causes a huge culture clash, and instead of being educated & informed on the culture divide, these ifans become more toxic and defensive as if they have some moral superiority over the kculture. Thus the tag "i-roaches" is the most fitting to them, as they should be called.

I think sports fanatics (predominantly men) are the most violent in their fanaticism in the teams that they support. In many sports events, it gets very physical, punching and hurting each other and being verbally abusive to the fans of opposite team. Outright racism, online bullying towards the players or the losing team is so prevalent in social media platforms. At least with kpop and celebrities, it’s usually just some high level trash-talking, though their words can get out of hand sometimes.

Touring is where the money is at, I wonder how much each of them is worth now. Twice is the last group to succeed this much without a member who speaks English fluently, without an Asian member raised in a western country. All their names too are their real names, no english stage name bull$&/t. A real Kpop/Asian girlgroup. They are the definition of— Work and Succeed quietly.

Jisoo is universal, she is beautiful everywhere. What we’re talking about here is the general standard from the perspective of the general population. Just because you chose Jisso, Jihyo, Eunbi doesn’t mean you‘re some special snowflake with a different preference. The women you mentioned will be chosen everywhere. But in terms of what’s happening in reality— there’s a certain type of Asian ‘look’ that most foreigners tend to marry (the likes of Hwasa, Hyolyn, rapper/host Lee Youngji etc). In Hollywood and modelling, the token Asians are mostly of the oriental beauty. In Korea, China, Japan, and in some SE countries, the general standard is not oriental beauty, but a beautiful Asian like Yoona or Sana. These 2 are what’s considered beautiful to us, which is not the same in your whiteboy country, again from a general perspective.

you are slightly delusional if you think hwasa or jessi would be considered beauties anywhere in the world above the likes of Nana or Suzy

and im not even a fan of either of them

Delusional? In America and other countries in the west, the white boys usually marry the likes of Hwasa, in other words traditional oriental beauty. It’s a common running joke among Asians even to this day. In fashion runways, commercial modelling, whenever an Asian models, it’s that oriental beauty that they’re looking for. I have never seen a Nana/Yoona/Suzy level of Asian beauty in any film or commercials in the west, not even in the biggest billboards in the “diverse” SoHo. Let’s assess reality properly please.

It’s all about the money, it’s not even about “artistry” at this point cause there’s no time for time for them to really dive into anything musically artistic, besides writing some lyrics and preparing for new choreos. The girls seems to be committed with live performing. I’ve seen them twice and they go hard in these concerts. I just hope they eat well backstage when they’re in America cause it’s clear they don’t like American food.

I highly highly agree with Nana! Did you watch Roommates? She was a member there and she brought a lifesize picture of her when she was awarded the most beautiful woman by a magazine at one point. That was hilarious! Her personality is so cool for someone so beautiful. Nana was no joke around 2014 era. After School was also awesome! They can make SNSD run for their money! Hahaha

Tell me, when will the west accept an Asian to be a country singer? an Asian to be in Reggaeton? An Asian to be a diva? Like never. Kpop is a stage for Asians to shine, now all of a sudden everybody craps on Kpop for not having ‘diversity’? All of a sudden, Kpop needs to adjust because now whites and blacks are into it, so they “HAVE” to be accepted in the sphere of Asian entertainment? Yeah right, Asians can’t shine in the west… but hey now you dark-skinned and caucasians are being pushy & demanding to be accepted in Asia?!! What kind of entitlement did your parents raise you to have. I really hope the harsh training system in to be a kpop idol will remain and get even harsher so these foreigners wont survive!

I have written for many months that the Korean public in general does not like KPop. And their opinion, which is not relevant for KPop, are wagging the dog

Sure the Korean GP have higher preference for ballads and other genres than Kpop, but it doesn't mean that they would simply ignore issues that arise among Kpop artists especially when there are legal matters involved. Look at how the Korean general public reacts to DUI scandals, school bullying, sexual harrassments that involves an idol. They don't just stand around the sidelines just because they don't like Kpop, cause in the case of Fifty Fifty it's not about Kpop music, but it's current crucial issues around them and their company.

Also who do you think you are, as an outsider/foreigner/international fan, for thinking that YOUR opinion matter more than the Korean public themselves in Korea with their Korean artists? Like, you... are... an... out... si... der. An "outsider", thus your opinion can be relegated to irrelevance most of the time. Know your place, outsiders.

Jyp cares about western market more so you barking here is irrelevant and time wasting. Go Stan twice in peace and leave my girls and boys alone.

Then how come I don't see the Western market supporting NMIXX and Stray Kidz as much as they do with the non-english speaking Twice? Make sure the western market fill out the rims of the MetLife Stadium for NMIXX since 3/5 speaks english. Okay? I'll wait for the soldout concert of NMIXX in Sofi cause the western market is the target.

hahahahahahahahahaa as if

It's just a hairstyle! It's just fashion! So what, with Kpop idols they are confined to one type of hairstyle? The Asian hairstyle? The white people hairstyle? If this is the case then there should be no dark skin colored person whatsoever among Kpop idols since even a basic hairstyle popularized by black people can't even be done by a Kpop artist without being shamed for it. We shouldn't be calling them out if they don't prefer dark colored skin people in the industry. An eye for an eye! I've been seeing Bad Bunny all over these days due to his relationship with Kendall. Many of his previous and even current hairstyle are what you would call "cultural appropriation", but no one, NOT ONE person bats an eyelash on him. I recently listened to Justin Timberlake's hit album, "FutureSex/Love Sound". A lot of it are of Jazz/Soul genre and yet not one person has called him out accusing him of cultural appropriation.

And remember the song 'Fire' by 2NE1? The MV has a lot Indian traditional fashion references in them especially in Sandara's part. Listen to it closely, you'll hear a lot of beats that resembles an Indian sound like in those Bollywood movies. Fire was a megahit, a legendary song in Kpop debut history. Is it offensive that they did all these references??! 2NE1 is a 2nd gen, Fire came out year 2009-- A time when there was very little ifans aware of Kpop, thus you don't hear all these nonsense about cultural appropriation. Artists, companies and idols just producing music without any ill-intent to harm other people's culture.

Cockroach fans, as usual... from America!

Your alternative comment should be : Actually I'm just salty

And btw lily literally trends on twitter almost everyday. You don't have to worry about her popularity. She doesn't need to be famous, famous needs her lol.

Famous to who exactly? To ifans? When you’re famous to cockroach western fans only like Bahiyyih, it has no impact. Come back to me if she surpasses Sullyoon in public recognition and stans, otherwise Lily continues to have no relevance. I’m not even gonna go talk about Lily’s visuals, cause again, she needs to beat Sullyoon first in everything. Tell Lily that English is useless when you’re uncharismatic to begin with.