Posts by euentbug

I’ll be adding Yuri in first place (for now) and Chowon behind Ella and Yuri but she may not stay. There’s not as much content of her vocals + she’s not quite as strong as the others but still very talented

EDIT: I won’t be adding Yuri :( Izone isnt active so I’ll list her in her own category

Who are the best vocalists of the 4th gen? Let’s figure it out! I don’t know every idol so I’ll be going off of your replies for most of this. I’ll edit this post as we bring up more idols.

—-

IN PROGRESS:

Top 4th gen vocalists:

Top 4th gen female vocalists:

1. Monday of Weeekly

2. Ella of Pixy

3. Ning Ning of Aespa

4. Bora of Cherry Bullet

5. Haeyoon of Cherry Bullet

Top 4th gen male vocalists:

1. Jongho of Ateez

2. Yonghoon of Onewe

3. Sangyeon of The Boyz

4. Yedam of Treasure

5. New of The Boyz

HONORABLE MENTION:

Yuri of IZONE. (disbanded) One of the best 4th gen vocalists.

Didn’t make the list but it wouldn’t be a conversation about best vocals in the gen if we left them out:

Goeun of Purple Kiss

Winter of Aespa

————

Ella of Pixy

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

link proof but keep it to like 2 videos please, so the thread doesn’t get clogged. or use spoilers.

Well damn. I stan tf out of this girl already. I knew they were really good rappers but go off

I’ve been a fan of hers since she was in cherry bullet, but now I’m obsessed. You should check out this MV

Or their mini album which is linked in the OP

Yes they do their own writing.

External Content www.youtube.com

They’re pretty impressive. Do they all write or just some of them? How many members are rappers total?

The 4th gens rap game is strong but MCND does seem to be in the higher ranks

imma need to check out Pixy :eyes::eyes:

Before I took my break from social media I was invested in them but it’s really been cemented for me, now.

Their main vocalist is one of the best of 4th gen as well.

For the first time ever, this generation of kpop has more girl groups with a top rap line than boy groups.

The top 3 rap lines of 4th gen so far (in no particular order for various reasons. Hard to quantify atp)

Stray Kids

(G)i-dle

Pixy

2/3 are girl groups. 5 women. 4th gen is looking bright.

Explanation for Pixy since they have the least easy to find info as nugus and rookies. I’m sure you can find info on SKZ and (G)i-dle’s rap lines more easily

There’s lots of other notable rap lines in 4th gen for both boy groups and girl groups but these are the top 3*. Girl groups are especially killing the rap game in 4th gen.

*Can write their own verses. Their own individual rap style. Excels in technical aspects across the board. (Have multiple dynamic flows per verse, clear diction, perfect timing, multisyllabic and internal rhymes, wordplay, etc.)

facts = bashing for some

That’s why whenever I correct my co-fans about “being on the same level as bts” i’m seen as a fake fan or secret anti

like it’s not shade to them at all but it’s disrespectful to pretend bts aren’t as high as they are.... or on the other side, it’s disrespectful to pretend someone is on bts’s level who isn’t. it’s just major coattail riding

a lot of relevant groups don’t have good charting lol

it’s pretty easy to find evidence of dreamcatcher rise in the past year across all metrics but also including their relevance in korean media. even here... there’s threads about it. idk how you’ve missed it tbh

(and ps if you’re talking about fromis9, they’re WAY smaller than dreamcatcher... /gen)

Agreed given the mv and the stage performances, their company is certainly willing to spend.. but it's still a business.. they will have to turn a profit within a couple of years. I think they sold less than 1K albums in their recent cb.. it's a tough start.

They’ve already sold over 1k copies of their latest album, and they’re not doing too bad in streams.

So long as they continue with frequent promotions like they have been (debut and comeback within 3 months, promoting 2 songs as singles off their mini album, doing covers constantly, etc.), i think they’ll get enough exposure/promo to start seeing a good return on their investments

i really think their biggest obstacle is just coming from an unknown company in kpop so no one knows them yet. give them the time to promote and let word spread about them, and they’ll take off! I would put money on them being exponentially more successful this time next year, if they continue like they have been

i didn't say they are bad

i said that for me their only problem is their song, it just mean that it's not my type

and i doubt that with their actual sound they can rise to the top of the 4th gen considering that even dreamcatcher who seems the closest to them in term of sound etc... couldn't make a name for themselves among the top GG of 3rd gen

but good luck to them

Dreamcatcher are literally always mentioned among the top 10 3rd gen gg, ever since their scream era and especially once boca era came about. do you really know what are you talking about? lol

and on top of their success, they’ve also been becoming more mainstream in KOREA with their “unpopular” sound. they’re mentioned on tv all the time, they have their own reality show now, being mentioned publicly by mentors for how impressive they are, etc.

and hip hop/edm is pretty popular in kpop, as opposed to rock. if dc can do it with rock, a darker concepted group who does the same genre as every other girl crush group can as well lol