Posts by NightAngel

Isn’t that one of the commonest and valid reasons to unstan a group if the music isn’t popping anymore for you?

Yeah, it should be but the fandom is resilient with their support. Kpop is more stanning the group members rather then the music I feel, I don't like most of their music but I do care for the girls and I don't want to disband. Their previous music was basically the background music to many shit I went through and its hard to say that I don't like them anymore.

If they disband, everyone is screaming that we did not do our best supporting the girls, but they changed sounds and I don't like their new sounds and it's hard to leave because you are attached to the girls. Kpop will blame the fandom but not the music.

Writing this down makes me feel so stupid tbh, they're grown up woman with much more money than me, and much more success.

Recently, My bias group made a comeback and I am highly disappointed in the song. I listened to it three times and I don't want to listen to it for the fourth time because I really don't like it. Their b-side tracks are songs that I do like and there is one b-side track that is my favorite song of the week. However, title tracks are the ones that are pushed and promoted while b-side tracks are usually only remembered by the fans (exceptions are dolphin and Mr). So title tracks are the songs that the group wants to be associated with by the general audience, and also the songs that the fandoms will back up and stream in bulk. I was supper angry when I heard the title track because if you expect us to stream a song please make it a song that's good, and then I realize that they released it as the title track because they are proud of this song and they stand behind it as artist. Then I have to be honest with myself... I'm not a fan of their music and I haven't been a fan of their previous release as well because I had to force myself to like it through streaming.

I like the girls, but I want to stan a group which music I genuinely like.

Have you had this experience as well ?

Let me start with, Twenty Five Twenty One is a great drama. It has top-notch directing, cinematography and acting! It's a really good drama.

However, I stopped watching at episode 11 and I don't feel the need to resume the series. I already know what happens at the end, but this usually does not affect my enjoyment for a serie or movie. But with this series, it's I like I could not care less about the characters or story.

Here are my opinions:

1) I don't ship the two leads and I don't know why... Taeri and Joo yuk have great chemistry but somewhere during the story I just stopped caring about their union. Their individual stories are great tho.

2) The fencing was the best part for me. The rivalry between Hee-do and Yu-rim was incredible, gosh did I love that story line! Sadly, the series does not put its focus on the fencing and to be fair it was never about the fencing. It was incredible to see two woman at the top of their game rivaling each other, and it was so well done! You could feel the passion, see the athleticism, and be moved by the emotions (good and bad) that they had!

3) I don't like Baek Yi Jin. He's too perfect. Everything that he picks up, he's perfect at it. I have a very hard time relating to him. The main character Hee-do and we spent much more time seeing her work for her skill and successes then him. This then also means that he comes across as someone that's just perfect. He does makes mistakes, but even for these mistakes I stood behind his decisions and could see the reason behind them. Sometimes I just want to scream: Do something stupid ! Do something that you'll regret! Be a normal 21 year old. To be fair tho, he went through a lot of sh*t and he probably has little room to make mistakes. Even then, he could be angry about his position in life, feel frustrated, I guess I miss the negative emotions.

Hee-do and Yu-rim should have been the romantic couple

Twice themselves were riding of the success of hit cute songs from 2nd gen groups. (Not meaning they’re copy cats or anything but they were following the popular trends that was still being consumed since the 2nd gen)

While girl crush existed before BP, it was after BP that it became more of a thing and cute is dying down.

I'm not so sure tho... people call it Fresh now... Don't know why they hate the word cute. Do you think boy groups are the ones doing lighter concepts now ? Eh...Okay TXT is going the bad boy route now... but Treasure's hit song is darari, and Enhypen's well known song is polaroid love. Both are pretty light and cute.

So usually I don't fall for the latest it girls in Kpop. I respect them, and admit that they have a particular charm but then I also leave it as it is. But Wonyoung... ever since I started listening to IV'E and got introduced to more of her content, I become a fangirl every time I see her. I'm just a casual listener and I don't go out of my way to search Wonyoung content (or IVE's), but still I'm happy every time I see a positive article about her. She has this grand daughter vibe, you just want to protect her... really cute.

It's been a few years... but I now understand why she won PD48 (...let's not go into the scandal). I did not follow the produce series because it breaks my heart to see the trainees be eliminated, I also was not that into kpop at the time, so when she won she came as a surprise because I'd only heard of Sakura, chaeyeon, Gaeun and Chowon (I rooted for her) at the time. Now I can totally see why she won, she's undeniably charming.

Do you remember this drama from 2004 ? I want to rewatch it, but every streaming site that I visit has the episode with a lag between the sound and dialogue of the actors. All dvd's are also out of print, so I can't buy it as well. Where can I watch this drama serie without a lag between he sound and the image ?

Also, this drama follows a trend that was popular in the 2000s, these sad sometimes tragic love stories. Are there any current drama's that follow these heavy, and sad themes ?

I'm with you...

I'm watching it (tho slowly) because the things I do like still manage to grab my attention. But all in all, I don't think it's that its that good.

It's a unapologetic rom-com, but badly made. I cannot follow the characters' growth, and I wished the side character (That are not the 4 main) had more depth. They could have given fleshed out Minwoo and his girlfriend character more to give it more dramatic tension (I'm at ep 7 btw).

I feel bad for the two leads, especially the male lead. Sejeong is an absolute treat in this one, Goodness I'm glad she went to acting because I really enjoy watching her. The male tho, I feel like he's only there to look pretty, spend money, and occasionally say basic marketing stuff (to show that he's working). The second couple is only getting interesting now, but before I was skipping there scenes. Honestly, aside from Sejeong the second character I like the most is the nice of the second female lead. She's supposed to be this stereotypical spoilt rich girl that let's everyone do her job, but the way the actress interprets her is just straight up funny.

Despite my criticism, I do have a soft spot for since I'm still going back to it again and again. It has something. But... everyone here says that it's a romcom, justifying that it's supposed to be bad but great romcom exist.

I'm a fan of Viviz, and I've been a fan since Gfriend era. I'm supposed to be happy that they're having so much exposure and that they get a chance to shine in a popular tv program.

But so far, this is really stressing me out.

Twitter... what a mess. Twitter is not a place where you can find healthy Kpop fan behavior but it is so accessible that I just go to it just see what's going on Kpop. However, so much fanwars! Everything is constantly brewing there. Luckily I could not see fanwars after the episode of today... in the Na.v community at least.

Youtube... the youtube videos that I've seen so far have not been amused by ViVIZ's performances. It's fine, but they're so brutally honest it hurts. It just straight up hurts as a fan of VIVIZ. The reactions from the Korean audiences were better tho, VIVIZ trended a lot because of queendom.

Queendom performances.... Why oh Why did they change the rules? So a new rule was introduced: if a group ranked last 2 times, that group cannot participate in the final. Gosh I hate it ! Because now from a friendly competition show it change to a survival show where they are truly fighting for that place in the final. I want to enjoy other performances, but now I'm scared that they're doing better than my favs. This is why I hate competitions shows, I also never watched a whole season of the produce series because it hurts to see someone fail. Especially when it comes to achieving ones dream.

You might think ... "Gosh you're being a snowflake right now". Yeah I'm a snowflake, but Kpop is the place where I can be a snowflake. This is where I go to when lives gets too much.

I think I'm gonna skip queendom after this episode. I feel emotionally drained just thinking about queendom.

This is supposed to be a discussion thread, so please feel free to comment whatever your opinion is about queendom, but I want to ask the fandoms of Queendom s1. Was it like this, or are the fandoms this season just soo... much?

So I've been a Kpop for a decade now. I still remember Exo's rise, I can also remember Allkpop's debut article on BTS (crazy!), Red velvet's debut (Seulgi's pre-debut Christmas song was heavenly) and various Kdrama's that are considered old now. I don't think that I can be considered a second generation Kpop fan, because I was really into Kpop when the second generation juggernauts were post their peak era (2ne1 and snsd were already at legendary status). When Gangnam Style came out, there were talks that Kpop might finally boom in the west. I remember various posts stating there discomfort at this idea, because they had like the unknown bubble that Kpop provided.

Now, the hallyu wave has reached the west, and Korean culture has spread everywhere. It's kind of insane how well, Kpop, Kdrama, and Korean movies are doing right now.

To the 1st generation and second generation Kpop fans who has seen this rise happening. What has changed in the Kpop community over the past few years. Are there any Positive and/or negative changes ?

so this is a drama that I found years ago, but I only have a vague description of the plot and the characters relationship.

From what I remember it was about 2 couples, I think the two men were brothers. The two brothers are very different one another, one is like a party goer and more easy going.

Whereas the other brother is mature and serious.

They both fall in love with two woman that are different from them. The brothers that likes to party marries (I think they married early in the show) a much more mature woman, while the mature brothers marries a woman that likes to party and is more easy going. The two woman met each other beforehand and do not like each other... and that's where I ended.

I don't know whether the conflict between the relationship was the storyline, but It was something that stood out. I remember reviews from drama saying that it would have been better if the brothers switched wires because it would be more realistic then.

Sadly I stopped watching the drama after a certain episode. Now I want to resume the series, but I have no idea who plays in the roles or the name of the drama series.

So I'm asking the community! Do you guys have any idea ?

I haven't seen any recent posts about her. Can you link to them?

what happen?

Perhaps the posts that I'm referring to are older post of Wonyoung. I'm not a frequent Kpop follower, but recently I've seen people criticizing her mannerism towards seniors... and also calling her a pick me girl (dafuq). You can't say those stuff towards a young girl that is still learning about life. I also have a feeling that they are nitpicking her interactions with others.

So, I'm not a frequent follower of Kpop anymore and I'm not up to date with the latest or last rumors/trends/scandals. However, recently I've seen a lot of post criticizing Wonyoung for her behavior or for some things she says.

This bothers me quit a lot. To be frank, it already bothered me that she was in the limelight at the age 14, not even only the limelight but was considered the it girl/center of one the biggest Kpop groups at the time. There are so many celebrities that are well into their thirties or well into their seniority, struggling with fame and the pressure of being a public figure, that I just can't imagine that Wonyoung at the age 14 would handle it better. Honestly, I don't think pd48 or the executives of starships ever gave a damn about her.

Now I see many things that happened to Millie Bobby Brown back in what is happening to Wonyoung. People say that Wonyoung is unaware of how she acts and what she's saying, and I'm here like... "yeah she's 17, at 17 you learn that some things are not supposed to be said or you do things that are supposed to be done". I feel like she's making normal teen mistakes, that she's supposed to make but everything is being broadcasted to the world. It's concerning to be honest. MBB was criticized for being childish or being too much/loud/talkative while she was in mid-teens.

These girls are so young, and I'm really worried for their personal development.

Honestly at the end of the day the only people that truly care about you are you closes friends and your family, not the millions of people on twitter or youtube. If you change because of others, the only persons worthy for that change is the people that care about you.

Hey Buddy,

I just have to write this, now that Source Music is debuting a girl group. As much as I'm angry and Source Music, I am looking forward to this new girl group. Only few can parallel Sakura's stage present, Chaewon has a beautiful voice colour, and I've been wishing the best for Heo Yun Jin ever since her Into The New World performance. So it's safe to say that I really like the girls. However, I will go into it with a bittersweet feeling because of GFRIEND.

I did not like the fact that GFRIEND disbanded so sudden. Disbandments can happen, and GFRIEND would have gone on a hiatus or disbandment further down the line like any other group anyway. But this was done just like that! On twitter (which is a horrible place tbh) I see army's or Hybe stans telling Buddy's to "get over" GFRIEND'S disbandment. Someone actually tweeted that Buddy's should got to "councel sessions". But put yourself in our shoes, GFRIEND was for Source music what BTS was for BigHit for years, and suddenly they let them go. It's like your boyfriend suddenly texting you that he wants to break up and that he does not love, and you're like "dafuq, we cuddled two days ago". We did not have closure, and I expected at least a last album or a GFRIEND special performance on music bank or something (as in the case for sistar). But we got an announcement of not even 300 words. How is that respectful towards the fans of the group that made you big ?

But I am looking forward with what they'll be doing with this new girl group, and I'm happy that the gfriend's members went on the paths that they want to walk on !

Gfriend gave a twist to the innocent concept by not making the girls weak, or fragile things that should be protected. Their image was power innocence, not just innocent and this was something that appealed to me greatly. As someone that just recently was not a teenager anymore, I looked back on my high school days (where a lot of our time was not spend on worrying about the future and the upcoming responsibilities) with fondness. I took for granted the carefree days of my youth. GFRIEND made me go back, the songs have a nostalgic feeling.