Posts by anne_jay

wow you really hate blackpink now lol are you aware that pann. nate is like allkpop? or reddit lol even pannchoa made a post wondering why international fans take these comments seriously

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Wasn't me who brought up Knetz discussion to proof a point, it was Killingtime to 'proof' that aespa is hated/over. They said I should read Korean forums. I responded that Knetz/Kforums will hate on everyone that's just how they roll, including them hating on BP, which was proven by the threads created by Knetz when BP failed to maintain their no.1 on Melon.

So be fair, if Knetz words aren't to be trusted then why bring down aespa using Knetz words. And I don't even like aespa to be defending them this much lol.

I don't hate BP, but if me pointing out that 4th gen have indeed start taking over 3rd gen is hating them, then so be it.

Lol there was a hot topic thread on pann.nate and one at theqoo about BP's failure to maintain no.1. Some comments agreeing that BP's song is just bad.

Even right now the current top 10 hot topics in pann.nate realtime are about IVE's triple success and a date with Wonyoung. The only hot topic about BP on Top 10 real time rank is about V and Jennie.

Kfans don't even talk about other 3rd gens anymore aside from the currently promoting ones BP and Twice. It's only natural they will talk about Nmixx, Lesserafim etc when they make a comeback as well. When SNSD was promoting 12 out of the top 18 hot topics on theqoo were about SNSD. Doesn't mean 2nd gen is back to take over.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Album sales and chart performance have started leaning towards 4th gen it's only natural to see that the interest have also shifted greatly to 4th gen.

I don't know why people are arguing in this thread. The contents of the OP was pretty obvious with Gidle and IVE having the top songs of the year in Korea, also NewJeans placing three songs in Top 10 (very rare). Blackpink is still doing really well but they don't come back often enough. Bigbang still did really well digitally, but that didn't mean 2nd gen wasn't over. All the other 3rd gen GGs aren't doing as good as they used to.

They kinda reminds me of the old 2nd gen in 2016 when people so badly believe the 3rd gen aren't taking over.

FMR was beaten by G-idle and eventually IVE on the Kcharts and then now BP by Newjeans and IVE. It's definitely a shift to the newer gens. Just because BP is still doing well internationally doesn't mean much because it's Korean Pop in the first place. The shift will occur in Korea, no matter what international streams will look like.

The boy groups not showing a shift yet, because there's barely any demand from the Korean public consumption. They're actually still stuck with Big Bang.

BoA and KangTa still in SM, focused on producing. BoA still hosts and release music often. She's hosting that dance battle show and the new JTBC show

Rain is still an actor and was in that popular trio (SSAK3) with Lee Hyori

Lee Hyori had that TVing variety show

Sechskies Eun Ji Won is in a new Na PD variety show with Mino and Kyuhyun

Bada just released a single not too long ago

Yoon Eun Hye was in WSG wannabe

Shinhwa Junjin, Dongwan, Minwoo will release music as a subunit soon

Well knetz are doing that if u neve visit a kforum

All they talk about from 4th gen it's I've and NJ, no stayc, no aeapa, no itzy, much less gidle nothing else bc like them ifans love latching to new shiny things until they don't do as well as they expect

And aespsa is the biggest proof of that, u all hail them as ngg but it took one song out if the top10 to change that

and Knetz bashed BP for being over just because they cannot overtake Newjeans on Melon. Trust me they will do the same now that IVE actually managed to get an AK while BP can't that's just how Knetz roll

In the end nothing of the arguments here convinced me that 3rd gens aren't getting pushed by the 4th gens. In terms of album sales, Kcharts performance, visibility and trend, the only 3rd gen girl group that is still holding the door open is Blackpink. But as they release music every 2 years, the 4th gen would have fully completely take over when they next return

I would have sworn you were a blink lol

yeah I was actually until last year when I realised I wasn't enjoying the group's lack of contents and subpar solo music releases. Add to that the annoying akgaes problem, I chose out lol

Anyway glad the blinks finally have contents though, happy for you guys :pepelove1:

including aespsa here when u all call them wash out

Don't even gonna mention the ignored ones bc those will probably stop existing next year

who's you all? Maybe your fellow blinks friends did

Anyone is dumb counting Aespa out because they clearly still have the attention and fandom power. Even Itzy does

Doesn't take much for the next gen to take over.

Itzy is already doing tours and sell good amount of albums while still able to have hits

Aespa had a national hit last year with two Top 20 hits this year and sold 1.6 million

Newjeans currently have 3 Top 10 hits and sold 500k already with good Spotify push

IVE is basically artist of the year, I don't even need to explain about them

That's not even counting other groups like Lesserafim, StayC, Nmixx who already have great selling power just need consistent hits

It's true. Idk why anyone's mad about it

IVE clearly has everyone beat

Aespa sold a huge chunk of albums

Newjeans had the best debut success eveR

And these groups average age is 1 year

Next year they will be the S+ lister; that's just how life is, the wheel keeps turning

Why do people expect Pink Venom to increase after VMA when I don't think Koreans are switching their TVs on for that?

It's pretty clear IVE and Newjeans current trendy popularity >> Blackpink or any other groups in Korea so far. Similar to how Bigbang debuted high then slowly got overtaken by Love Dive, Blackpink simply doesn't have that trendy factor to support them. Even if they appear in more music shows or variety, I doubt they will beat IVE.

But still Blackpink >>>>> other 3rd gen girl group comebacks. So don't worry too muchx.

Best girls

I never doubted that they will return but I never imagined we would get this much effort and contents from them. I would've been satisfied with a single song and a few music show performances. I expected fast food but they literally provided Sones with a buffet.

I am with these girls for life. Thank you ladies

I think a couple of users here didn't listen to what they said in the video. SNSD's Gee was a pop phenomenon that not only their song but their fashion took over Korea as well. Everyone (especially girls) were wearing coloured skinny jeans and T-shirts and made that a fashion trend

What other song made such impact? I didn't see Korean said that people were wearing cheerleader outfits after Cheer Up

Are we talking about popularity in Korea or Internationally?

International wise no question 2NE1

Korea is more debatable. 2NE1 never had the highest high that Wonder Girls had during their 2008 era. Even 2NE1 biggest songs like I Don't Care and I Am The Best are wayy less viral/national hit level than Tell Me/Nobody/So Hot and even T-ara Roly Poly or even Sistar Touch My Body

But if we combined both Korea and International wise then yeah I'd give the edge to 2NE1. They had more consistent album sales, concert goers, international relevancy.