This conversation made me realize SNSD was the ONLY NGG

• Theres a great conversation here that starts around 45:20 about Girls Generation and how big they were compared to todays top groups. These people were in Korea at the time and witnessed it first hand.

Sorry I don't know how to timestamp.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This made me realize that as big as Twice was they were only big within kpop. SNSD transcended kpop and was big with the entire public.

• you right click on the video and click on the link at current time

• SNSD

SNSD for me has icon status. I'm not a personal fan of them, they're a bit before my time but their impact is undeniable. People always say "Twice will be the new SNSD" or "BP will be the next SNSD" truth is only time will tell. SNSD has been impactful for 15 years, that's almost two decades and they are still very much adored.

• As an international fan, I didn't see it with my own eyes but I remember people saying that during their prime years, SNSD were literally everywhere in SK, so I think they're right. I've also heard before that they are really widely recognisable, not only among the people who listen to kpop but also among the general public.

There's no denying that they've been a huge influence and paved the way for a lot of the future kpop groups! Just think of how many of the current idols grew up wanting to be like Soshi and this will show you the bigger picture. :-)

• whilst no one can deny SNSD's impact and legacy

to say they are the only NGG isn't really correct tough when the kmedia said that to twice as well no?

• Twice have also been big with the entire public. Everyone in South Korea has heard Cheer Up. They may not have been on that level for as long as SNSD, but they've been on that level. :pepe-shrug:

• I think a couple of users here didn't listen to what they said in the video. SNSD's Gee was a pop phenomenon that not only their song but their fashion took over Korea as well. Everyone (especially girls) were wearing coloured skinny jeans and T-shirts and made that a fashion trend

What other song made such impact? I didn't see Korean said that people were wearing cheerleader outfits after Cheer Up

• Irris agrees.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Facts only.

External Content youtu.be

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!