Posts by anne_jay

Which shows not even the extreme delulus who infect kpop are crazy enough to deny that IU's chart success is by the sheer hold she has on Korean public's mindspace.

She is Teflon, nothing sticks to her.

Which clearly exemplify that people will speak nonsense whennit benefits them

From now on, everytime anyone from SM even touches the top 50 of melon we won't fucking hear the end of it.

Which will be super weird and clearly biased since IU's company is literally under Kakao for so many years now yet no one even chirp about it.

Also is that twitter account the army infested source one? Judging by the replies and qrts there seems to be a lot of 7s floating around. And they're talking about Monopoly when Hybe controlled 33% of the market, I have to laugh.

Listening to this video was first time realising that Ari and Taeyeon's could mesh really well and produce a great song together

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But yeah just based from that I can tell straight away that I prefer Taeyeon's tone and technique. Ari is good but Taeyeon's vocal has clarity and emphasis on notes that is lacking with Ari imo.

I don't think it is as simple as anti-fem or not.

The blue candidate, Lee Jaemyung, shrouded in a big corruption case (something about land development), which was closed halfway after the main culprit committed suicide.

The election was widely discussed as the selection for the lesser of the 2 evils.

yes a lot of people described it as such, and the fact that the democratic party had so many failures during the Moon administration made people lose hope for the party.

They could have chosen worse compared to worst, but in the end the worst won

Yeah the blue ain't so great but I honestly can't fathom the thought of supporting a group of people whose one of their main objectives is to abolish all previous stride to create gender equality. This party vowed to make stricter laws for false accusations (which benefits men) but made no such promise for stricter rape, stalker laws that would help women.

These group of incels were mad that women 'took' their jobs, that public transports have designated spaces for pregnant women, these assholes on YT bully women over some phrase or gestures that some of these women decided on suicide. Violence against women have recently upsurged in Korea after all these yet now they won, truly a dark day for the women of Korea.

And the implication of some idols openly dorning the colour of this party is honestly more than just 'it's a colour'. Either he's completely dumb to not comprehend the implications or he is a supporter of the conservative. If it's the latter, is he anti feminism? Probably yes probably not? But he for sure do not have empathy or care for the effect of abolishing gender equality ministry to fellow human being.

why wouldn't he take the video down... it really is still up :pepestare:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com

not sure maybe because he's not the one managing his YT channel or this issue hasn't caused a big enough outrage/concern

Considering the incels won, I don't think it's a problem for him anymore

What? Can you elaborate?

wasn't he embroiled in quite a few of these misogynists sitution even from back in 2016 or something idk

But yeah I remember this thread

External Content twitter.com

Just read through the thread they provide the channel screenshoots and video ofbthe actul livestream

Baram3x is one of her most underrated bop

Love the sassy Taeyeon whenever she performed the song and the song is so groovy

Why era is so underrated. One of my fave songs, with her 2nd best MV (I will probably hold the no.1 forever due to its stunning visuals and its sentimental value), and the dance MV version is also so good.

She looked so gorgeous during this era. The era that I find out that she could possible dethroned my main biases (my fave was Tiffany and Yoona back then)

2514D433577A8E2225

Never heard both before and just listened to them now.

First impression straight off the bat the vocals in Polaroid Love were more grating but I wish Darari used less autotune during the chorus. Overall Darari is a much much more pleasant and chill song though

Taeyeon has always performed better than her fellow idol group turned soloists. I believe she still has plenty of Korean fans who are quite loyal, judging by how fast her concert tickets sell out. She's also quite relevant to newer generation because she's basically an idol's idol. Almost every group has a member who likes or mention her as their idol. She's also considered very pretty in Korea and she's one of the best vocalist. Now she's even more trendy because of Nolto and her side project like GOT.

For her underperforming singles, WDICY actually went top 5 on Melon if I'm not wrong, but it fell relatively fast, I guess just because it didn't click with the public and she didn't promote it at all. Even then she still got the Gaon Award for December, meaning that at that time people were just listening to older songs more.

The only other singles underperformance I can think of are:

- Something New which was a shame, can't quite recall why this one performed the worst;

- Dear Me, which was an unpromoted repackage title track. She should've went with Drawing Our Moments as her title for this one

Yeah I think that's pretty much it, all her other songs are like top 5 on Melon and top 10 on Gaon. She actually has a lot of No.2 on Gaon :(

Because they're not known as singers. They're more known as actors.

Suzy probably could have done better if she was more consistent in releasing music. But yeah unfortunately she didn't maintain that so her hype as a singer dissipated and now she's just pretty much an actress.

While for Yoona, she was never hyped as a singer, even in her group most always put her last or second to last in terms of vocal ability. Her songs are nice though as she mainly sticks to the vocal range that is comfortable for her.

Does this mean they're not famous? of course not?

I'm pretty sure if Son Ye Jin or Lee Young Ae suddenly releases music that is not promoted (both Suzy and Yoona never promote their songs) I don't think it will chart well. Does it mean Son Ye Jin's popularity is fake? Hell no

Since 2008.

Was a fan of DBSK and WG in 2008

Became a SNSD fan in early 2009

Then had a vacuum from Kpop related stuff due to busy life from 2016-2019

During that period didn't listen to any other Kpop outside of SNSD related stuff, had 0 clue what's going on

From mid 2019 until now somewhat came back to Kpop. Still only primarily listen to SNSD related music. Used to like BP but since February last year my interest waned and now definitely not a fan anymore. Totally agree with the I'm just in it for my bias and music.

When I go to AKP, I just check for notif or put in SNSD in the search column to see if there's any SNSD related discussions (or 2nd gen stuff) that I missed. Very rarely do I engage in other unrelated discussion