Kpop singer vs West Artist: Taeyeon (SNSD) vs Ariana Grande - Who do you prefer vocally?

• Um, no.

I can quote who I want. This is a forum. If you don't want to discuss with people, you can ignore my quotes or not comment. Like I said, I never said Ariana is better than Taeyeon, but listening to them both sing you can tell they both have good singing technique. But saying that Taeyeon trumps Ariana from an obvious Taeyeon fan who does not seem to know a lot about vocal technique themselves comes off as biased.

Tbh, the only one sounding biased right now is you, especially if you start using unnecessary ad hominems.

Both Ariana and Taeyeon can be good singers, and still one having better technique than the other. That doesn't make one singer any less of a good singer, simply that the other is technically better.

Taeyeon is a better skilled singer than Ariana. That doesn't make Ariana any less of a nice singer to listen to, just like Hyolyn being a better skilled singer than Katy Perry or Ariana wouldn't make them any less singers to enjoy. For the rest, believe whatever you want to believe.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Tbh, the only one sounding biased right now is you, especially if you start using unnecessary ad hominems.

Both Ariana and Taeyeon can be good singers, and still one having better technique than the other. That doesn't make one singer any less of a good singer, simply that the other is technically better.

Taeyeon is a better skilled singer than Ariana. That doesn't make Ariana any less of a nice singer to listen to, just like Hyolyn being a better skilled singer than Katy Perry or Ariana wouldn't make them any less singers to enjoy. For the rest, believe whatever you want to believe.

You can think I'm biased if you want. Just like I think you're biased.

You can think Taeyeon is a more skilled singer. I am saying you have nothing substantial to back that statement. It's as simple as that.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• A tough one. Ariana isn't any famous western pop singer. She is really a good vocalist IMO. Although Taeyeon isn't a regular Kpop vocalist either.

For me obviously, I prefer Taeyeon because it's been almost 15 years since I fell for her voice and I never got over it. Ari is amazing too but her voice doesn't have that grip over me to listen to her every week for years.

(idk why this video is still one of my fav even tho she improved more after it but it's iconic)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ใ•ใ่ณญใ‘็‹‚ใ„ใพใ—ใ‚‡ใ†

ย  ย ย lt64IYu.gif

• I like old Ariana the best, when she was actually singing instead of mumbling or whisper talking or whatever she does now.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I voted for Taeyeon specifically because I can't get into the "pleasant noises mumbled for three minutes" that Ariana does these days.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Listening to this video was first time realising that Ari and Taeyeon's could mesh really well and produce a great song together

External Content youtu.be

But yeah just based from that I can tell straight away that I prefer Taeyeon's tone and technique. Ari is good but Taeyeon's vocal has clarity and emphasis on notes that is lacking with Ari imo.

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!