Kpop singer vs West Artist: Taeyeon (SNSD) vs Ariana Grande - Who do you prefer vocally?

• Which singer do you prefer? 39

1. Taeyeon (24) 62%
    2. Ariana Grande (12) 31%
    3. Equal (3) 8%

Taeyeon:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

or

Ariana:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like old Ariana the best, when she was actually singing instead of mumbling or whisper talking or whatever she does now.

• I like old Ariana the best, when she was actually singing instead of mumbling or whisper talking or whatever she does now.

to this day I still hear her singing He giving me that good shit / That make me nut quick in Everyday

Bubble Gum Pop Ariana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grown and Sexy Pop Ariana

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Skills wise Taeyeon trumps Ariana Grande.

But aside from stans and haters/antis voting according to their bias or anti-bias, it's basically whose vocal color and singing style you prefer :wellr:

Are we speaking of technical skill? If so, I would not say that Taeyeon is beating Ariana. :pepestare:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Taeyeon for me personally. Ariana has mad talent and skills, but I’ve never much liked that style of warbling where you can lose the melody in insane vocal run after insane vocal run. Also her diction is poor, but I think that’s probably another choice she makes deliberately - which other people love, but I’ve always thought seems a bit affected.

• Taeyeon, her voice is soulful and so beautiful

• Are we speaking of technical skill? If so, I would not say that Taeyeon is beating Ariana. :pepestare:

Ariana's vocal technique was judged average to above average by vocal analysts whose approach and judgement I've learnt to trust and find fair enough, while Taeyeon's technique was judged proficient, a level or 2 above Ariana.

The ability to belt or produce high notes isn't equivalent to vocal skill.

Anyway, this has little to do with the thread question, most people will choose and like a singer based on that singer's vocal color and style, not their technique - or as the thread shows, whether someone likes (or hates) that singer or not :wellr:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Ariana's vocal technique was judged average to above average by vocal analysts whose approach and judgement I've learnt to trust and fair enough, while Taeyeon's technique was judged proficient, a level or 2 above Ariana.

The ability to belt or produce high notes isn't equivalent to vocal skill.

Anyway, this has little to do with the thread question, most people will choose and like a singer based on that singer's vocal color and style, not their technique.

Are we speaking of YouTube vocal analysts? If so, I don't put too much weight on what they say.

I do know that in the industry Ariana is widely known and praised for her vocal technique though she has been criticized for her diction and warbling.

I never said that Ariana is better than Taeyeon, but I can smell the bias to your statement.

• Are we speaking of YouTube vocal analysts? If so, I don't put too much weight on what they say.

I do know that in the industry Ariana is widely known and praised for her vocal technique though she has been criticized for her diction and warbling.

I never said that Ariana is better than Taeyeon, but I can smell the bias to your statement.

:whatb: Not sure why you keep quoting me, but if you start talking about bias, I'm starting to suspect that you're the one being biased (often that kinda stuff is people projecting when they start with comments like that).

No, I meant the vocal analysts that also analysed a legion of K-pop artists in the past.

If you don't want to believe them, that's fine. To each their own.

Please stop quoting me for this kinda stuff, the whole discussion of western vocalists vs K-pop vocalists has been done to death and I've grown tired of continuing that same path again. If people want to believe that western singers are superior to K-pop singers, then they should keep believing that, I won't stop them.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• :whatb: Not sure why you keep quoting me, but if you start talking about bias, I'm starting to suspect that you're the one being biased (often that kinda stuff is people projecting when they start with comments like that).

No, I meant the vocal analysts that also analysed a legion of K-pop artists in the past.

If you don't want to believe them, that's fine. To each their own.

Please stop quoting me for this kinda stuff.

Um, no.

I can quote who I want. This is a forum. If you don't want to discuss with people, you can ignore my quotes or not comment. Like I said, I never said Ariana is better than Taeyeon, but listening to them both sing you can tell they both have good singing technique. But saying that Taeyeon trumps Ariana from an obvious Taeyeon fan who does not seem to know a lot about vocal technique themselves comes off as biased.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!