Posts by anne_jay

She's no.1 on Apple Music, Spotify and Youtube Music Korea as well btw. So truly a perfect all kill

All About You and Spark also had quite close calls. But yeah finally

This era truly reinvigorated her presence both internationally and in Korea. The way she's killing the charts, and her Killing Voice had 6.3 million views in less than 4 days. Her global spotify listeners are also increasing quite nicely.

She deserves it so much. This was her choice of song. Her album is just marvelous from the concept to the actual music and the videos. So yeah 100000x deserves it.

Congrats Taeyeon :pepelove1:

Yeah it's kinda weird that top female soloist in Korea don't really collaborate with each other.

I was hoping for a 1st gen collab of BoA and Lee Hyori but I guess they prefer just being guest on each other variety shows 😒

Not sure if we ever will get an IU Taeng collab but when that time do come it will be a collapse for sure.

they debuted like yesterday. most SM idols don't start getting solo gigs until a few years into their careers. the first few years are usually reserved to building the group's name.

not sure about other groups but this statement wasn't necessarily true for SNSD.

Within a few months to a year of their debut:

- Yoona was already in a drama (2ins1 out) if I'm not mistaken and then she received her break out role in You Are My Destiny.

- Taeyeon was a radio DJ with Kangin at Chinchin. She released her first solo OST If 8 months after she debut

- Sunny was a DJ with Sungmin

- Sooyoung had radio show as well I think (can't really recall the radio name at the moment). She and Yuri released a trot song Kkok and they guest starred in a drama as well

- Tiffany had that SSGB show.

- Jessica Tiffany Seohyun sang Oppa Nappa and for that Mabinogi game

- Jessica Tiffany Yoona was in Haptic CF with DBSK

The only one I can't think of having any solo activity prior to 2009 was Hyoyeon. But Hyo got her time to shine later on like IY2, DWTS which also established her as a variety queen.

One thing I will applaud SM is they actually laid the ground work for SNSD quite splendidly. They had 3 (that I can immediately recall) variety shows in their early years that focused just on the girls, Girls Go To School, Factory Girl, MTV SNSD, which truly flexed the girls personalities and charms. These were broadcasted in Mnet/MTV which brought in quite a large amount of fans both domestic and internationally. I was a Wonderful before I was a Sone and I remember at the time, being so jealous that Soshified was sooooo active with so many online members compared to the WG forum.

But one important factor as well is that the girls were charming, they were funny (still is the funniest gg imo), hence why they could attract and captivate fans. I think that also helped with them getting more invites to shows and variety because I remember Park Kyung Lim saying that SNSD is one of the most active guest that they don't even need to provide script most of the time. Yoo Jae Suk also said something in line with that, like how he liked it when Soshi attended his shows because they go all out, they don't preserve their image.

But yeah I don't think they will be able to do that now since it's very competitive.

It's pretty telling from when they were active that they're going to be okay post group activities, as all of them have solo activities one time or another, so they're quite experienced with it. Also it's a bonus that all of them have charms and is the most popular Kpop girl group with all ages. It's pretty well documented that SNSD was the group that the public knew of their individual names.

And they have proven how longlasting their presence is.

- Taeyeon: I don't think I even need to explain about her activity as she's very prominent with music related activities. Unlike the other members who are more towards film, musical, variety related. Interesting to note that Taeyeon have more variety shows guesting and CF deals as well in 2021 than in many of her previous years.

- Sunny: She was in 4 different variety shows from July last year and finally starting to find her confidence in singing again with her OST for Bossam. Recently she guested on D&E radio show. She's the most laid back member but even during her 'inactivity' she actually guested on a variety show to watch TV from her bed all day.

- Tiffany: Had her own Mobidic talk show and rumour has it they're planning a season 2. Almost finished her Chicago run, and Rumoured to be in Moulin Rouge musical (some linked her tennis ball green fairy dress as a hint for her role). Currently filming a drama with Song Joong Ki

- Hyoyeon: released a single and was on few variety shows last year, just finished one last week. Unfrotunately due to Covid she couldn't DJ much but yeah she's active in variety and was in GOT

- Yuri: broke the record for her MBN drama last year, had a cooking show that is now licensed by an official broadcaster. Now she's a judge on MBC Teenage Girls and soon have a film coming up

- Sooyoung: was in many dramas last year Run On, Married an Antifan, Move to Heaven. Was on a special MBC show with her sister. Currently filming a drama with Ji Chang Wook.

- Yoona: this girl is also everywhere and go viral every so often, Miracle, Happy New Year was her big projects last year. Confidential Assignment 2 with Hyunbin and Big Mouth with Lee Jong Suk should be aired soon. She also has plenty of CF deals with 38 brand deals as of last year, including Hyundai Duty Free, Jigott, MiuMiu.

- Seohyun: the girls said that Seohyun is actually the busiest and it's true. She had like 4 back to back drama/film schedules. Just released Love and Leashes and finished with Jinx Lover which should air in June and she has a movie as well coming up. Also another filming for a drama mid this year. Seohyun is booked booked

So yeah they're active and making bank with their activities. If some consider that not successful who cares, they're doing something that they want to do, they're making money with their own efforts, they get to be active and present on shows/film/music, and they represent SNSD, a generation of girls who are role models and the epitome of success for plenty of their juniors. They can also return as SNSD when they decide the time is right for them.

So tldr: they were given opprtunities (by being SNSD the nation girl group and from SM) to flex their individuality and they make the most of that

Taeyeon Bar was one of the bar that got in trouble by Chinese govt if I'm not mistaken, so they're definitely planning the support lowkey.

No sane fan of her is expecting a number like Blackpink. If anyone expected that I will automatically consider them as trolling.

Also the majority of the 'new Taeyeon fans' after GOT are not really her fans that are willing to buy albums though. They're just casual stans that hype Taeyeon when they interact with their faves. Like the amount of people calling Taeyeon the mother of Winter irked me more than I should but that's pretty telling how she's viewed not as Taeyeon but their faves whatever.

Those fans are not gonna convert into her fans just because of GOT. Like for example me I have no interest in aespa before, and then I saw Karina in GOT and she's quite charming, but did I purchase aespa's album? No. Did I stream any of their songs? No. So I am not gonna expect Taeyeon magically gain many new fans just because of GOT and see people praising her silver hair and high notes. With INVU however I hope she can get more new fans, because this is purely Taeyeon and if they're interested then they're interested for her not because of Winter or Seulgi etc

IU was able to catapult herself due to her drama and able to attract fanatic followers due to it because lbr Kdrama stans are even more fanatical than Kpop fans. Will she be able to outdo herself if she made a comebac? not sure because the majority of her new fans were from China where a ban is currently occuring.

Also I don't think many Jsones are left, because her Japanese releases have been selling quite poorly. But am I surprised? Not really that's just the reality of it. Most Sones have matured already with real life duties like paying loans, feeding kids, etc lol. Some of us like myself purchased 4 copies of Purpose+ Repack but this time I just purchased 1. Why? Because I don't feel the need to collect every PC anymore, I just purchased a new car so I need to save again and because my cabinet is full lol. A lot of Sones I know are at that stage already.

So what does this mean for Taeyeon? It just means that fans still love her all the same even if she's not gaining a lot of new fans. That I wish she keeps on singing even if there are only a sliver of sones/taengbbas left. If some are in it just to brag about Taeyeon's sales or her all kills (not aimed at you btw :)) then unfortunately maybe this is not the path for them and better jump ship because what comes up must go down

Anyway that's my take. Now all I'm wishing for is that she will give us an online concert. She must be itching to perform all of these new songs

I still smile whenever I see that little clip. The surprise in his voice and then the chuckle.

But man is Zero cute in that photocard. I have ordered Envy ver so maybe I will be lucky enough to get Zero. It will be my most valuable collection :pepelove1:

Edit: apparently it's easy to get zero lol

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Poor guy

Because King Taeyeon is a hag now :peperain:

But in all seriousness, China cannot bulk buy now and need to do it in small amount. For Purpose KTYBar placed almost 80k worth of order, with INVU I haven't seen any info about them placing their orders. She achieved platinum certification already in QQ Chart so she is still popular in China, but yeah the newly placed restriction could be one reasoning.

I think plenty of ordees haven't been dispatched. My order hasn't been shipped and on twitter many who purchased from Ktown also haven't received their shipment info. It's only two days so yeah I will wait until the end of the week to judge.

And if she's indeed selling less than Purpose that's okay, fans are getting older and don't bulk buy, even I only purchased Envy. Still contemplating on purchasing the other versions but honestly it will just fill up the already full cabinet of mine. I hope she can attract new fans with this comeback though :pepelove1:

Yeah the whole they only come if they get an award is dumb and hence why awarding bodies are creating new awards just so that they can invite more acts.

Award shows can just be about performing and hanging out with fellow friends in the industry. However both Covid and overly fanatic fans ruin that.

Cmiiw but Itzy attended Mama yet they didn't win anything. They were the ultimate winner of the night though as their performance was the most talked about.