should people stop exaggeration of the whole Asians look younger than their age?

• It's probably just nicer to say that east asians and black people look younger (which is likely to be perceived as a compliment) than it is to acknowledge that white people often look much older than they are due to excessive tanning and ruining their skin.

• hey hey hey it ain't a competition!!!! lol

jokes aside though I guess you also have that youthful asian cute look?

You laugh, but I've only recently stopped being asked if I'm old enough to sit in the exit row... Yay, now I look old enough to rent a car.

And yes, I look about a decade younger than I actually am if i go by how old people tell me I look.

• You laugh, but I've only recently stopped being asked if I'm old enough to sit in the exit row... Yay, now I look old enough to rent a car.

And yes, I look about a decade younger than I actually am if i go by how old people tell me I look.

and do you find that a good thing or a bad thing?

• I'm not Asian but a recipient of the "black don't crack genes" and people want to argue with me about my mom not being my mom and that clearly she's my sister or I'm messing with their heads to know it's definitely a real thing (an upsetting comparison as a teenager, an exciting comparison in my 20s as I age and think about future me). I agree with the comment upthread about tanning playing a really big role in this. I see white women my mom's age who look much older than she does and my father, who is slightly older than her, seems much more so because he's pale and didn't protect his skin..

When I was a teenager, people thought I was older than I was, but now that I'm pushing 25, they keep thinking I'm in college. ^^

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• people should stop the exaggeration, yes.

This reminds me...how my mom is 47 (about 44? at the time) but literally got mistaken as a junior high school student when she came to pick me up :cryingr:

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• I'm not Asian but a recipient of the "black don't crack genes" and people want to argue with me about my mom not being my mom and that clearly she's my sister or I'm messing with their heads to know it's definitely a real thing (an upsetting comparison as a teenager, an exciting comparison in my 20s as I age and think about future me). I agree with the comment upthread about tanning playing a really big role in this. I see white women my mom's age who look much older than she does and my father, who is slightly older than her, seems much more so because he's pale and didn't protect his skin..

When I was a teenager, people thought I was older than I was, but now that I'm pushing 25, they keep thinking I'm in college. ^^

My family deals with the same problem...I hear people say how dark skin is less prone to skin damage from the sun but I'm not sure. Both my parents have been told they look much younger than they actually are.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• My family deals with the same problem...I hear people say how dark skin is less prone to skin damage from the sun but I'm not sure. Both my parents have been told they look much younger than they actually are.

I don't think it's necessarily less prone to skin damage, but I think of how my mom was never laying out by the pool trying to get a tan, but I can think of my friend's moms who were. 8o

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• It's probably just nicer to say that east asians and black people look younger (which is likely to be perceived as a compliment) than it is to acknowledge that white people often look much older than they are due to excessive tanning and ruining their skin.

yup

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk, it just depends on the preferred beauty standard imo, west seem to prefer Kardashians style of beauty, tanned skin, exotic look with curvy body, while Asian seem to prefer plain white skin with pretty youthful look which results Asians look younger but not all Asians imo, in my country countryside people look very old tho

• I don't think it's that Asians look younger than their age, it's just that Western beauty standards and what we consider youthful vs mature is different than Asian beauty standards, also I think Asians probably have better skin than white people so they do look "younger" at middle age/elderly

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!