Kep1er who has a better chance to debut in a girl group under a big agency?

• ? 48

1. Xiaoting (20) 42%
    2. Chaehyun (17) 35%
    3. Bahiyyih (15) 31%
    4. Yeseo (12) 25%
    5. Hikaru (10) 21%
    6. Youngeun (8) 17%
    7. Dayeon (6) 13%
    8. Yujin (4) 8%
    9. Mashiro (4) 8%

They will be active for roughly two and a half years on a special contract before it ends in 2024.

and tbh none of them

• Mashiro was under jyp before,chaehyun trained in sm,hikaru can be considered to be in yg japanese gg,yujin is in cube and it's still a big company although not big3,xiaoting has a high chance too and dayeon's talented and mnet loves her :melon_think:

mashiro and chaehyun lost their chance, yujin will be 28 and we are talking about the future not the past

xiaoting and hikaru have little chance and there is no "wow" thing about dayeon

• won't xiao ting just return to china since she probably has more opportunities there?

fact is, xiaoting came on girls planet for 3 major reasons. she didn't win ywy, china had banned survival shows, and kpop has more international visibility. from my understanding girls planet was not that big in china. it wasn't rlly big anywhere for that matter. but with a career outside of china xiaoting can build her fanbase abroad and in china simultaneously. yuqi is an example that it is smarter to be active in multiple markets than to just run straight back to china like many chinese kpop idols have.

• if we go by the hypothesis that none of them were training in a big agency before

and all of them were hoping to enter a big agency after Kep1er

i would say :

Xiaoting = good dancer with strong visual

Dayeon = good visual, and a very great all rounder performer with a very down to earth and funny personality

Chaehyun = perfect vocal, good dancer, very charming on stage and visually she fit koreans beauty standard

• fact is, xiaoting came on girls planet for 3 major reasons. she didn't win ywy, china had banned survival shows, and kpop has more international visibility. from my understanding girls planet was not that big in china. it wasn't rlly big anywhere for that matter. but with a career outside of china xiaoting can build her fanbase abroad and in china simultaneously. shuhua is an example that it is smarter to be active in multiple markets than to just run straight back to china like many chinese kpop idols have.

maybe what's xiaoting's age? 22 so when kep1er finishes she'll be 24/25 redebuting in a kpop group is always possible but from what I've seen of maybe Chinese idols they usually return home after their first "stint" in kpop

with regards to shuhua I feel like after contract is over she will return to China or Taiwan as the case may be as well

obviously I'm basing this on my knowledge (albeit limited lol) of Chinese idols and the Chinese market and precedent...

• maybe what's xiaoting's age? 22 so when kep1er finishes she'll be 24/25 redebuting in a kpop group is always possible but from what I've seen of maybe Chinese idols they usually return home after their first "stint" in kpop

with regards to shuhua I feel like after contract is over she will return to China or Taiwan as the case may be as well

obviously I'm basing this on my knowledge (albeit limited lol) of Chinese idols and the Chinese market and precedent...

just a correction to my earlier post i think i meant yuqi not shuhua lol. but yeah, when gidle disbands both of them will prob return, butby then they've already made the most of their careers

chinese kpop idols only return home if they become big in china, i.e kyulkyung/Jieqiong, tao, kris, luhan and jackson, or when their group disbands and they have no career left in korea ie victoria, fei and jia.

honestly speaking kepler is hardly doing xiaoting justice. the group has fans but with better promo xiaoting could be much bigger. all it would take is the right company telling her the right thing. true she would be re-debuting at 24/25 but look at sakura. she's about to debut under hybe in what will be a huge group and is also 24.

• xiaoting = good dancer but not extraordinary and she is a chinese.. to become a kpop idol under a big agency if you are chinese , you must have a very great skills (and xiaoting doesn't have this level)

Dayeon= dayeon, i'm sure she will be in a girlgroup but in a big agency ? I'm not sure

Chaeyun = is the most mysterious case, she seems to be doing well but surprisingly as a person who wins, she doesn't really make noise in gp

• ahhh yuqi she's the only one I'm not sure about since she might promote both in china and korea...since she's mentioned numerous times that she likes korea and has even taken like the TOPTIK tests and what not

I'm not familiar with most of the idols pre-third generation??? so it begs the question of which Chinese idols remain in Korea after their first contract period has ended? even an idol like Lay although still promotes with exo (although him recently leaving SM might throw a wrench in the works) Lay's very much returned to china no???

true true but (re)debuting at 24/25 would be the exception rather than the norm especially for female idols/GG - not impossible but rare???

• Hikaru used to be trainee under Avex, one of the biggest Japanese companies, but sending her back is not a good idea since most artists under Avex nowadays do not make much money and it's even hard for them to become popular now. I mean look at other groups that company has or groups they work on for other companies and you see that most artists make almost no views, don't chart that well and yeah ...

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• ahhh yuqi she's the only one I'm not sure about since she might promote both in china and korea...since she's mentioned numerous times that she likes korea and has even taken like the TOPTIK tests and what not

I'm not familiar with most of the idols pre-third generation??? so it begs the question of which Chinese idols remain in Korea after their first contract period has ended? even an idol like Lay although still promotes with exo (although him recently leaving SM might throw a wrench in the works) Lay's very much returned to china no???

true true but (re)debuting at 24/25 would be the exception rather than the norm especially for female idols/GG - not impossible but rare???

i mean, all chinese idols are going to return to china at some point, especially when their careers in kpop are over bc china is their home where their families are. my only point with all of this is that there is a possibility xiaoting will get picked up, given a promise in a contract that entices her, and stay in korea to re-debut. there are a lot of circumstances that could make it go either way, but i just think its a possibility.

• i mean, all chinese idols are going to return to china at some point, especially when their careers in kpop are over bc china is their home where their families are. my only point with all of this is that there is a possibility xiaoting will get picked up, given a promise in a contract that entices her, and stay in korea to re-debut. there are a lot of circumstances that could make it go either way, but i just think its a possibility.

make sense I can agree with that...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!