Chinese Visuals

• Vietnam has similar visuals too! Now I hope KPOP agencies will take Vietnamese as trainees since Hanbin and Tram Anh pave the way.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think there are similar visuals personally but Hanbin and Ahn are not the break out visuals that can turn around perceptions.

Chinese visuals have been established to the point that Kyulkyung and Yiren were named visual centers at PD101 and PD48 by Korean peers.

If you look at Thais in KPOP, they've established themselves after Nichkhun. And they're not just in Korea with Lisa, Ten and Minnie but in China too with their visuals.

Vietnam needs someone like Nene . . .

2CF37C37-2D1E-46AD-9B60-9A5A86122901.jpg

Or a Patrick or Nine:

8B887A35-F22F-446B-936E-AE135C231F19.jpeg

EF894F88-18F8-4C20-A6B3-2B5CFE5088CA.jpeg

All of whom were voted into debuting groups in shows with global audiences and had their visuals brought forward.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Edited 2 times, last by VVisual ().

• I want to say they do but pictures don't tell us height and, especially, proportions.

When KPOP agency recruiters see prospects in person they always comment on body structure and small faces.

Obviously, there are will be well-proportioned visuals in Vietnam but Hanbin, Anh, Roy and Queen (from Z-Girls) are not ground breaking visuals like Nichkhun or Lisa who broke ground for Thailand.

• I think Hanbin looks good and when Queen debuted with Z-GIRLS many thought she look like Joy from Red Velvet. I know Vietnamese are short, but many KPOP idols are short as well. If they can debut somebody like Tram Anh, they certaintly can debut a high visual Viet Girl even if she is short. Body proportions can always be changed through diet.

Body proportions can't be changed through diet. If your head to body ratio is 6 to 1, it'll stay 6 to 1 no matter how thin you are.

In general, height helps. The taller you are, the better the chances of good ratio -- 7.5 to 8 is considered good. The taller you are, the better the chances you get there. Runway models are prime examples.

Zhang Yi Fan of the Bon Bon Girls has a 9 heads to body ratio. She is over 180CM tall.

0D85691B-38A1-445A-93B8-52FB4ADD949B.png

That is not to say short girls can't have those proportions. Ballerinas are shorter than runway models but ballet companies demand long legs and high head to body ratios too. For ballerinas the average is around 167CM.

Which is the height of Lisa who has amazing proportions:

C31EB232-D0EA-4459-8EA8-910D212651D1.jpg

• Thank you for the informationa and I can see the problematic issues about body proportions for Viet Girls. However I believe some KPOP companies can look pass that as long as the Viet Girl is not TOO short, is slim and fit. We can find many Viet Girls that are 157 cm to 162 cm minimum height. Do you know the disbanded LIME girl group? They are 160 cm tall and they look good.

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/201720/

It is not that Hanbin and Anh are not attractive, they are. And I do think that the LIME girls are pretty -- Ivone has made a career in Korea. But their looks won't establish Vietnamese visuals in KPOP because everyone attempting to reach that level is pretty.

While we can hope that some KPOP companies will look pass that, I think there are girls in Vietnam who do have the proportions, looks and talent but people just haven't found them yet.

Maybe we need a PD101 V to find them and show them to rest of Asia.

That is literally how Chinese visuals were exposed in KPOP.

Kyulkyung won visual center at PD101:

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yiren won visual center at PD48:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Xiaoting won visual center at Planet999:

If the visuals of a Vietnamese girl (or boy) were talked about in such a way at a survival show watched across Asia it would change things immediately.

• Zhouxuan is so pretty!!!!

She is!

And she's a main vocal too with a fantastic voice.

• Xiaoting's visuals driving Kepler teammates insane!

External Content www.youtube.com

• Yes I agree with you, Vietnam need a Chuang Vietnamese version. I think this is possible now that many Viet Programs are remake from Korean shows. Street Dance Vietnam and Running Man Vietnam for examples.

I think KPOP is not so strict with standards in 4th Generation than previous one. KPOP has become international and many other nationalities we not used to see is now normal. So a chance to see another Viet in KPOP is increased 10x times thanks to Hanbin and Tram Anh. I hope one big company picks a Viet Girl or Boy. But if not size like YUEHUA is more than good for Vietnamese considering Vietnam is still looked down by Koreans.

I think you just have to accept the reality: Vietnam is not seen as a profitable market for Kpop companies. If there is one country after Thailand they will focus on in SEA, that would be Indonesia.

• gonna point the Bell curve argument out

more people = more good looking people and so on.

China really does benefit from being one of the bigger populations out there.

The largest population in East Asia to be exact. So a large population that fits a particular standard. India's population is the same size but it is unlikely that Indian girls would have been voted the visual center by Koreans (and Japanese) at three major survival shows in Korea.

• I think you just have to accept the reality: Vietnam is not seen as a profitable market for Kpop companies. If there is one country after Thailand they will focus on in SEA, that would be Indonesia.

I follow twitter sites that deals with rumors of new groups debuting and I haven't heard anything about new vietnamese trainees. Not saying it's impossible there are someone training right now and ready to debut. Nobody could forsee Hanbin joining I-Land so. But I think companies if they were to pick foreigners, they will always choose the east asian countries, thais and koreans living abroad over vietnamese.

• The largest population in East Asia to be exact. So a large population that fits a particular standard. India's population is the same size but it is unlikely that Indian girls would have been voted the visual center by Koreans (and Japanese) at three major survival shows in Korea.

That makes sense too. Although I wouldn't put it past India for producing some stunning visuals in their own right!

• That makes sense too. Although I wouldn't put it past India for producing some stunning visuals in their own right!

Oh absolutely. India has many beauties but of another standard. It is just as unlikely that Korean and Chinese would win many visual centers in Indian shows. Culture and tastes are too different.

It comes down to Korea, Japan and China having similar tastes and culture despite all the hostilities.

The a related discussion is whether any other country is similar enough to produce visuals for KPOP and other East Asian entertainment industries. Thais have shown they are able to and not just in Korea.

Vietnam really is the closest to China, Korea and Japan culturally in SEA but it hasn't really produced a visual that had caught eyes in those places.

That's why I said Viet needs a Nene. Nene was in the top 5 at Chuang 2020 practically from beginning to end. And Chuang 2020 was so packed with visuals that Xiaoting was actually overshadowed by the likes of Yiyang, Sally, Zhenyu, etc. and didn't survive the first round.

Nene's visuals was praised through out the show by the Chinese even among all these East Asian visuals (her main vocal level voice didn't hurt either!)

• Just because Vietnam is culturally closer to EA doesn't mean they fit into Kpop. This may sound very pessimistic, but I don't see Vietnam be anything than a afterthought. They don't contribute to physical sales nor are they as good as indonesians and filippinos with streaming.

• Just because Vietnam is culturally closer to EA doesn't mean they fit into Kpop. This may sound very pessimistic, but I don't see Vietnam be anything than a afterthought. They don't contribute to physical sales nor are they as good as indonesians and filippinos with streaming.

I don't think Thailand had a whole lot of sales when Nichkhun got into 2PM. You just need one person to change perception. But of course that person has to be exceptional. Maybe there just haven't been enough Vietnamese in KPOP for that exceptional visual to occur yet.

But you can't always wait for other people to find you. Vietnamese entertainment needs to generate attention and interest for Vietnamese visuals too.

• I don't think Thailand had a whole lot of sales when Nichkhun got into 2PM. You just need one person to change perception. But of course that person has to be exceptional. Maybe there just haven't been enough Vietnamese in KPOP for that exceptional visual to occur yet.

But you can't always wait for other people to find you. Vietnamese entertainment needs to generate attention and interest for Vietnamese visuals too.

You heard about the female Vpop artist Amee right? She is supposedly one of the big names in Vpop and released a album last year. It sold only 9k. While her video views are very high. What does it tells me? Vietnamese are not into album buying. Also, I think we sometimes overestimate the popularity of Kpop in Vietnam at the moment. They are supporting their own music industry instead. So the chances to find a ''exceptional person'' is slim in my opinion. But we have Hanbin? His visual might not be the greatest, but his skills are great and his personality too. Tempest sold almost 80k albums. Not sure how many vietnamese contribute to those numbers, but my guess is it was mostly koreans.

• You heard about the female Vpop artist Amee right? She is supposedly one of the big names in Vpop and released a album last year. It sold only 9k. While her video views are very high. What does it tells me? Vietnamese are not into album buying. Also, I think we sometimes overestimate the popularity of Kpop in Vietnam at the moment. They are supporting their own music industry instead. So the chances to find a ''exceptional person'' is slim in my opinion. But we have Hanbin? His visual might not be the greatest, but his skills are great and his personality too. Tempest sold almost 80k albums. Not sure how many vietnamese contribute to those numbers, but my guess is it was mostly koreans.

Yes, I know. Albums aren't really selling well but Vietnam still has a good sized entertainment sector. And the country is growing and consuming more including entertainment. It just needs that next step -- a popular series or survival show to draw in other parts of Asia.

Tempest have done pretty well for Yuehua despite the issues being a Chinese agency in Korea. Hyungseob and Lew already have a fanbase as they debuted as a duel first for YH. And Hanbin has his fans from I-Land. YH was savvy enough to put him into the Tempest lineup last minute. I think he is cute and a good lead dancer. And you know me, I followed and rooted for Hanbin on I-land and was crushed when they ignored the vote and dropped him in a pretty open display of prejudice.

That said, this is a visual thread. Nobody2222 brought up Vietnamese having similar visuals to Chinese. I think they do. But Hanbin is not a visual.

He is just not.

BAE40CB1-7FFE-45EE-93C4-C8E894D22599.jpg

Neither is Ahn from Beauty Box. I wouldn't mention them against Chinese trainees being voted top visuals at Korean shows or Thai ones making waves as visuals on Chinese shows.

But I know there are some Vietnamese out there whom we could if someone would only find them.

• yall look at Jenny Zeng tho :pepe-life-support: the visuals, the proportions

23c3e30373415278637e4b9b0bad7676.jpg

Jenny has an incredible body. She's practically a runway model with her height and proportions.

Her teammates at Youth with You 2 were crazy about her. (This is sort of cringy gay but watch if you dare! lol)

• Tempest have done pretty well for Yuehua despite the issues being a Chinese agency in Korea. Hyungseob and Lew already have a fanbase as they debuted as a duel first for YH. And Hanbin has his fans from I-Land. YH was savvy enough to put him into the Tempest lineup last minute. I think he is cute and a good lead dancer. And you know me, I followed and rooted for Hanbin on I-land and was crushed when they ignored the vote and dropped him in a pretty open display of prejudice.

As long as koreans view vietnamese as inferior and discriminate them, I don't see so much will change. However, I do think if Yuehua were to debut a new girl group after EG, they likely would try to recruit a vietnamese girl.

• VVisual

What you think about Chi Pu body proportions? If Korean Companies find someone like her, is she accebtable???

saostar-wa8qinsqdk9p8r7a.png

To be honest, you can't always tell proportions from pictures. Agencies report on girls from interviews and auditions. At PD48, even before the competition started, Yiren was tagged as the top visual by industry insiders reporting on the trainees because of her proportions and small face. She was shorter at 5'4" (163CM) about the same height as Chi Pu and it was clear cut she would be the visual center when people saw her live. It would have been less clear from the photos alone.

• ningning and xiaoting :love:

Ningning amd Xiaoting are opposite types of visuals, too!

Ningning is a main vocal on the shorter side with a look that appeals a lot more in to IFans than East Asians, I think.

Xiaoting really has the archtypical CPOP visuals that Chinese fans like. Tall (170CM) and thin.

Xiaoting follows the body lines of girls like Xu Yiyang:

35D6D25B-904C-48D9-BE09-BFBB01AA10A2.jpeg

Hami (Xu Xiaohan):

6A1B8F9F-7868-44C1-9FDE-5F55DB89C9D4.jpg

And Kiki (Xu Jiaqi):

C634CA6E-7C10-4FF8-9F62-8D9646DC95FE.jpeg

I just picked out three examples of Chinese idols with the surname Xu. lol

But they represent the type that Xiaoting is. This type is rarer in KPOP.

• BTW, Chinese SM is raging about the looks (and dance) of the two male instructors at "Great Dance Crew."

Santa of INTO1 and Ten of WayV:

forum.allkpop.com/suite/attachment/202348/

0DAACDB1-9DC0-4C16-BE28-16BD0545ABC6.jpeg

CE2E5F15-E7F3-4801-A186-1F1F61984073.jpeg

Instructors Cheng Xiao and Fei aren't too bad looking either. lol

But my god, these two men are so gorgeous. Not technically Chinese visuals since Santa is Japanese and Ten is Thai. Still my picks for most visual instructors after Wang Yibo at PD101 China and Cai Xukun at Youth 2!

• So Chinese, Thai and Japanese are genetically built different than Vietnamese? If they have perfect body proportions than Vietnamese have no chance in this current generation because we are built short!

No, there is a segment with beautiful proportions in every population. Vietnam's is just less well known and V-Ent has done nothing to expose them to the rest of Asia.

• No, there is a segment with beautiful proportions in every population. Vietnam's is just less well known and V-Ent has done nothing to expose them to the rest of Asia.

Maybe that's not in their interest either? I feel the vietnamese music industry is not so ''appearance'' focused like koreans.

• Maybe that's not in their interest either? I feel the vietnamese music industry is not so ''appearance'' focused like koreans.

No one in Asia has such a polished system as South Korea. There really isn't such an established standard for visuals until KPOP. So yes, Vietnam wouldn't persue looks the same way. That is why I said visuals are simply not discovered there yet.

But still in a more globalized Asia, it makes sense for Vietnam to push its cultural norms a bit. Again, look at Thailand. They've done it. No reason why Vietnam can't if it tried.

• She is!

And she's a main vocal too with a fantastic voice.

Wow!! She really does have an amazing voice! It's really pretty.

I love this drama so the way that her voice really suits it is amazing

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• This thread contains 8 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!