Seeing Shawols defending SHINee's new song from sounding like NCT & SuperM

• shawols need to undrestand we dont need to defend SHINee career from kids who are literally younger than SHINee's career

Like SHINee has being doing this longer than these kids have been walking on earth

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah I got superm vibes and not because Taemin's voice. That's not inherently a bad thing just hit and miss for me personally. It unfortunately did not make the mark for me.

At least the bsides are all great :pepemusic:

• well SM always has a bank of songs that will end up with different group than it was intended for, and realistically, Shinee has always been mega experimental. I mean they went from Juliette to Ring Ding Dong IN THE SAME YEAR.

Lucifer to Hello.....I mean if you just list out the order of shinees title tracks you can see what I mean. When you look at Shinees discography with no date you can kinda come up with a timeline slowly drifting and changing and making sense but when you put them in order the switch ups become insane. Dream Girl to Why So Serious? to Everybody to View to Married to the Music to 1 of 1.

I'm surprised OG Shawols didn't get whiplash.

When put in that context, it makes total sense. Shinee loves to play around and never likes to do as we expect.

• As I said in the other threads that was locked, it sounded similar because of the same sound effects they have been using in a lot of their bg songs. And lately NCT releases songs like that the most.

Exo songs had them too. It last had the typical SM bridge.

Some bg song sound like they could be sung by any of the bgs.

But the rest of the album was really unique. One of the best of SM ever.

• it doesn't

and i really understand what people expected from Shinee, shinee never reproduce the same genre of songs two times, they did retro, electro, cute song, more rock, they basically did every type of music, it was time they try something more edgy, experimental

and if some of you thought that it sounded like a NCT song , you clearly didn't heard enough NCT song, and didn't understand their sound

Shinee song, was more vocal focus , even if the instru sound heavy and the melody stay pretty chill, even in the chorus it stay pretty "low", "chill"

meanwhile NCT song are aggressive , they are heavily focus on rap, vocals are mostly use to add some layer to the song, but the main focus of the song is the rap, and each verse is building up to the chorus to go hard and be aggressive, you'll never see a nct track where the verse are building into a flat chorus like it was the case in "Don't call me"

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Eh? SHINee is known for not sticking with one type of sound, their music is so experimental. And other than the intro, the rest of the song is pretty good. Since people are making shady threads I guess it's good bcoz it means people are paying attention to SHINee's comeback :wellr:

• Eh? SHINee is known for not sticking with one type of sound, their music is so experimental. And other than the intro, the rest of the song is pretty good. Since people are making shady threads I guess it's good bcoz it means people are paying attention to SHINee's comeback :wellr:

I only see it as a sign that SM finally got off and promoted this comeback enough to reach nonfan ears

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• meanwhile NCT song are aggressive , they are heavily focus on rap, vocals are mostly use to add some layer to the song, but the main focus of the song is the rap, and each verse is building up to the chorus to go hard and be aggressive, you'll never see a nct track where the verse are building into a flat chorus like it was the case in "Don't call me"

OMG. I feel like I’m spending my life defending NCT in these threads and I’m clearly a masochist because I keep doing it. While NCT does have experimental sounds, your description is not a true characterization of their overall work at all. Just like people are making assumptions on Shinee’s sound based on title tracks, people are making a flip side assumption of NCT based on title tracks. The bulk of songs are not “building up to the chorus to go hard and aggressive” nor rap being the main focus of the song. Don’t wanna hog the thread with examples, but I’ve tucked some examples under the spoiler cut.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• lmao this thread is so funny cause BP music sounds the same and Shinee's new song is an NCT reject, yet you got all these people foolishly claiming otherwise cause they don't wanna admit it :pepe-cringe::pepe-cringe:

Sshh, we don't matter, only the super defensive ones who can't admit the truth due :pepe-comfy::pepe-comfy:

your standard for sounding the same must be really low :pepe-toast:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!