BP makes music that appels to the west...

• ... and bc of this they are successful ww. This here is such a weak excuse that non fans use to downplay BP success and impact in the west since debut that I am just ??? It's really impressive how some really change their narratives to put BP success on their music style and not bc of the girls and their talents :clown:

YGE is BP company right? And what music is YG inspired by? Yes, rap and "west" music and it's not them aiming to a place, it's just their identity in S.K. they literally are like this since the beginning so saying that BP purposely makes music to attract that type of region is just wrong at some point as BP are not the only YGE group making these type of sound. Their music for sure appeals to the west, more like ww, but let's not act like this was the plan since debut as YGE staffs and even Teddy already talked about how they didn't thought they would be such a success, so honestly they didn't have an exact plan... They for sure had expectations, but their expectations were thrown out of the window with BP Paks and glorious debut kkk. So yes, I'm aware their music is more aimed to the west than S.K., but right now they are the most successful gg in S.K. too with their west sound so yes, stop using this to bash the pinks and their success. It's like saying cute girls groups just make success in S.K. bc it appels to them and nothing more.

Music is ww and thank God more K-pop groups are making waves ww so let's just stop bashing people success when they clearly are passionate and work hard to be where they are.

• i mean... it's the truth? even if this kind of western interest wasn't in the plans, it's what made them successful and they will continue to do that, i'm sure bp has more english lyrics now than ever before too

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• I actually agree. YG and all his groups has been hip hop based since the beginning.

They didn't have to change anything to appeal to the west. BB and 2NE1 were already big in the west way before BP.

But I will say BP debuted at perfect time. If they traded places with 2NE1 then the results would be the same. BP would have been second biggest group behind only SNSD and 2NE1 would be the biggest group today.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i mean... it's the truth? even if this kind of western interest wasn't in the plans, it's what made them successful and they will continue to do that, i'm sure bp has more english lyrics now than ever before too

Ok, read again and see that I agreed to the appeal, what I don't agree is about people thinking YGE changed to make them appeal ww when it's their sound since the beginning.

• Ok, read again and see that I agreed to the appeal, what I don't agree is about people thinking YGE changed to make them appeal ww when it's their sound since the beginning.

hmm i don't think people are trying to bash bp with that though. it's business after all, before debuting a group and creating an image for them, of course companies plan things ahead. and kpop ceos always wanted to be big in the west (see park jin young & wonder girls) but of course i don't think they expected this kind of growth, hence why i said "this kind of western interest wasn't in the plans"

every group debuts with a goal and audience in mind after all and bigbang was always bigger in the west than suju just like 2ne1 was bigger in the west than snsd

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

• Official Post

I mean you see all these groups trying to emulate BP's style after they blew up but they're like...flopping in the West. So it might be part of the reason, but it's not the only reason why BP are so popular. Plus, as someone said, YG had hip-hop based music from the beginning.

The reason for them being big in the West isn't as simple as "They have Westernized music" I think it's much more complex.

• I actually agree. YG and all his groups has been hip hop based since the beginning.

They didn't have to change anything to appeal to the west. BB and 2NE1 were already big in the west way before BP.

But I will say BP debuted at perfect time. If they traded places with 2NE1 then the results would be the same. BP would have been second biggest group behind only SNSD and 2NE1 would be the biggest group today.

that one is goood.

i know i am going to be killed about it but :

2ne1 was 1.1

BlackPInk 1.2, UPGRADE

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I mean you see all these groups trying to emulate BP's music and stuff, but they're like...flopping in the West. So it might be part of the reason, but it's not the only reason why BP are so popular.

idk if i'm making sense but those groups still feel koreanized, they're not like bp lmao blackpink just perfectly fits the western taste

• Ever since I listened to BP for the first time I've thought they were the most "westernized" gg around. Stating it is not bashing the group or something. The overzealous defensive stance is unwarranted.

If you don't bash them bc of this, cool. But let's not act like they are not bashed bc of this.

The overzealous of some who do not "see" the hate that BP gets is unwarranted.

PS: and not you always being in BP threads to tell fans to stop defending, worrying or feeling anything to them just bc you "don't see" the bash the girls receive.

• There older songs dont appeal to the west but once they got bigger like D4 era was when teddy started giving them half assed western songs. Even the recent b-sides on the album were mostly in english?? It's not a "bad" things to market towards the west, BTS did it with dynamite and that became a hit so its not wrong but I feel like they haven't cracked the code like BTS did. Ice cream was literally made for the western public to digest but it wasn't a hit they wanted it to be. The girls shouldn't be bashed for this or called untalented its just how the producers want them to sound.

• PS: and not you always being in BP threads to tell fans to stop defending, worrying or feeling anything to them just bc you "don't see" the bash the girls receive.

I don't really understand what you mean. What I can say though is I'm often annoyed by blinks' ridiculousness which blinks see as being an anti. But I'm not an anti BP, I'm at most an anti blinks because of how silly they are most of the time.

• There older songs dont appeal to the west but once they got bigger like D4 era was when teddy started giving them half assed western songs. Even the recent b-sides on the album were mostly in english?? It's not a "bad" things to market towards the west, BTS did it with dynamite and that became a hit so its not wrong but I feel like they haven't cracked the code like BTS did. Ice cream was literally made for the western public to digest but it wasn't a hit they wanted it to be. The girls shouldn't be bashed for this or called untalented its just how the producers want them to sound.

Oh please, since debut BP were the second most successful kgroup in the west digitally. Just go see the charts. They were the first ever kpop group to debut first in the ww chart. In 2017 they literally debuted AIYL in BB bubbling under 100, the highest than any k group of the 3rd gen. They were always successful. Let's not kid ourselves.

Their change in style since D4 is just a response to their success ww, not they forcing themselves there. They saw the potential so obviously they would take the opportunity and grow even more!

• Oh please, since debut BP were the second most successful kgroup in the west digitally. Just go see the charts. They were the first ever kpop group to debut first in the ww chart. In 2017 they literally debuted AIYL in BB bubbling under 100, the highest than any k group of the 3rd gen. They were always successful. Let's not kid ourselves.

Their change in style since D4 is just a response to their success ww, not they forcing themselves there. They saw the potential so obviously they would take the opportunity and grow even more!

But were there old songs produced to market towards the west? I didnt talk about how they were always popular in the west I said that they have changed their music to appeal more in the western eye not to get more popular.

• I don't really understand what you mean. What I can say though is I'm often annoyed by blinks' ridiculousness which blinks see as being an anti. But I'm not an anti BP, I'm at most an anti blinks because of how silly they are most of the time.

So don't come to blinks threads about BP. I don't go in others threads just to say "hey people, stop defending or making threads about your faves bc I don't see it happening". I just go to threads that I'm interested and it's obvious you are interested in blinks threads. If you look my historic or my photos here you will see that 80% of my threads are about BP and I do defend them. And this thread is not just defending, I'm being objective here and showing why I think some are wrong on their "BP west appeal" narrative.

• But were there old songs produced to market towards the west? I didnt talk about how they were always popular in the west I said that they have changed their music to appeal more in the western eye not to get more popular.

Boombayah for sure it was more to appeal ww, not the west specifically. But since debut they appealed to the world to be exact.

• I thought everyone knew and agreed that YG had the most westernized sound out of all the companies in SK and it was BP's sound since forever and everyone knew before they debut they would sound more western than other GGs.

I thought everyone knows their future GG will have a western sound too.

• So don't come to blinks threads about BP. I don't go in others threads just to say "hey people, stop defending or making threads about your faves bc I don't see it happening". I just go to threads that I'm interested and it's obvious you are interested in blinks threads. If you look my historic or my photos here you will see that 80% of my threads are about BP and I do defend them. And this thread is not just defending, I'm being objective here and showing why I think some are wrong on their "BP west appeal" narrative.

I usually go into threads in order to have a proper conversation. But there's no discussion to have with blinks, they're only interested in circlejerking all day long. Don't worry, I've had enough of it. To prevent myself from losing any more braincells, I've started to block many blinks that litterally had nothing to bring to the table.

• that one is goood.

i know i am going to be killed about it but :

2ne1 was 1.1

BlackPInk 1.2, UPGRADE

And the thing that 2NE1, BP, and even Bigbang all have in common:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…media/File:Teddy-park.jpg

The man was raised in the States, probably grew up idolizing the very same American hip hop/rap/rock stars i did as a teen.

It's no mystery why BP succeeded in the West, why they can challenge even the ginormous Army fanbase here in terms of success.

• I usually go into threads in order to have a proper conversation. But there's no discussion to have with blinks, they're only interested in circlejerking all day long. Don't worry, I've had enough of it. To prevent myself from losing any more braincells, I've started to block many blinks that litterally had nothing to bring to the table.

If you want some knowledge to bring to your table go read books or have a life outside internet, make friends or just colleagues who share the same subject you are interested and live. A kpop forum will obviously have people appreciating, defending and even fighting for the groups they like. I don't believe we have a Shakespeare's or Einstein here. Sorry.

• If you want some knowledge to bring to your table go read books or have a life outside internet, make friends or just colleagues who share the same subject you are interested and live. A kpop forum will obviously have people appreciating, defending and even fighting for the groups they like. I don't believe we have a Shakespeare's or Einstein here. Sorry.

Wtf are you talking about? Knowledge, Shakespeare, Einstein... Are you high? You're making zero sense.

• Wtf are you talking about? Knowledge, Shakespeare, Einstein... Are you high? You're making zero sense.

You block blinks who bring nothing to the table. What table?? You who makes zero sense coming to a thread trying to be the cool guy, but you are just the idiot type who "sees" nothing, but likes to police others about what to talk about. :clown:

• Yes, they do, but I don't see how that's bad ?

Also their biggest fanbase is still in SEA country, so clearly it doesn't only appeal to the west.

• Don't you know the idiom?

I know, what I don't know is why you are still here trying to play the cool guy in a BP thread about the lame excuses I see happening over and over again. Like, I am in my right. I can create whatever thread about whatever situation that I want. What gives you the right to think you can "police" others? Stop trying to make things less important just bc you don't see the reason. This thread wasn't aimed to you so stop "hurting" yourself to come here and do your show about "stop victimising yourselves, I'm tired of this show" and you chose to be here and be affected first.

• I know, what I don't know is why you are still here trying to play the cool guy in a BP thread about the lame excuses I see happening over and over again. Like, I am in my right. I can create whatever thread about whatever situation that I want. What gives you the right to think you can "police" others? Stop trying to make things less important just bc you don't see the reason. This thread wasn't aimed to you so stop "hurting" yourself to come here and do your show about "stop victimising yourselves, I'm tired of this show" and you chose to be here and be affected first.

You can start whatever thread you like just as I can call out your BS as much as I want. So let's agree to disagree and move on.

• I think YGE has such an intimate connection with Hip-Hop/Rap. Hip-Hop has universal appeal and YGE has been resourceful and effective in tapping into that universality across the music, MVs, lyrics, and fashion. I think they execute all these elements at such a high level that it would eventually pull western-world listeners..especially how connected the world is becoming.

Starting out, Big Bang wasn't even as polished as their little sister groups and they still blew up in Asia and also pulled some western listeners.

Even if all the lyrics were only in SK and everything else was Grade B-, BlackPink would still end up being big in Asia and eventually pull people who can connect with Hip-Hop and dope rhythms regardless of the language.

• I think YGE has such an intimate connection with Hip-Hop/Rap. Hip-Hop has universal appeal and YGE has been resourceful and effective in tapping into that universality across the music, MVs, lyrics, and fashion. I think they execute all these elements at such a high level that it would eventually pull western-world listeners..especially how connected the world is becoming.

Starting out, Big Bang wasn't even as polished as their little sister groups and they still blew up in Asia and also pulled some western listeners.

Even if all the lyrics were only in SK and everything else was Grade B-, BlackPink would still end up being big in Asia and eventually pull people who can connect with Hip-Hop and dope rhythms regardless of the language.

I loved your quote! YGE connection with Hip Hop/Rap is really cool bc it's something genuine that started since the very beginning when they were just a "local" company and with this "love" they really became one of the most powerful and successful companies in S.K.

• But were there old songs produced to market towards the west? I didnt talk about how they were always popular in the west I said that they have changed their music to appeal more in the western eye not to get more popular.

So did BP changed their sound or didn't they? The popular drag about their music is that they just release rehashes of their songs, people keep saying Boombayah, DDDD, Forever Young, KTL, HYLT, Pretty Savage is the same. Yet now they're trying to change their sound to appeal to western sound? It's funny

Anyway Bp and YG sound in geneeal has always sounded more westernised and they have that vibe since their debut.

These people drag BP for it yet drool from their mouths when their fave release something more mature and very western influenced/targeted.

• So did BP changed their sound or didn't they? The popular drag about their music is that they just release rehashes of their songs, people keep saying Boombayah, DDDD, Forever Young, KTL, HYLT, Pretty Savage is the same. Yet now they're trying to change their sound to appeal to western sound? It's funny

Anyway Bp and YG sound in geneeal has always sounded more westernised and they have that vibe since their debut.

These people drag BP for it yet drool from their mouths when their fave release something more mature and very western influenced/targeted.

As I said they change their narratives when it comes to BP, but they don't check BP charts since 2016 bc it's since their debut that they have a ww presence.

• I loved your quote! YGE connection with Hip Hop/Rap is really cool bc it's something genuine that started since the very beginning when they were just a "local" company and with this "love" they really became one of the most powerful and successful companies in S.K.

Thank you. I believe you missed a very, VERY important word..INFLUENTIAL.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!