[theqoo] "ETHNICITY = KOREAN-CHINESE" JESSICA, TO PARTICIPATE IN CHINESE GIRL GROUP SURVIVAL SHOW, APPEARS IN NAME LIST

• [theqoo] "ETHNICITY = KOREAN-CHINESE" JESSICA, TO PARTICIPATE IN CHINESE GIRL GROUP SURVIVAL SHOW, APPEARS IN NAME LIST

AVvXsEhcZBPl2OZOV46JSJJMr8Bzys4iJDGsBIfZxVgcN_Nnq-PeUfDZplj0S_PqjlfUcFn3dWS34Iv7PqEUCYN2H-87-UEkggJ4ONrQxGgz0xfX7OGTLEpL6bgCypJdrRBkUpjv8mEgEYzzqF1ls2lC9jXWx_U4Y0G7kNaQTxcuAAicFpYR1jyYos6fe-Hm=s16000

On the 3rd, the list of cast members of the girl group re-debut survival show 'Sisters Who Make Waves season 3' was leaked and spread online. 'Sisters Who Make Waves' is a survival program in which female entertainers in their 30s or older make their debut as a five-member girl group through a competition.

A total of 58 people have been listed on the online list.
    The standout figures are Jung Sooyeon (#22), Jessica, a former SNSD member, in Korean.

The list also includes information about Jessica. Born in 1989 in the United States, a singer and actress who graduated from Kent Foreign School in Korea, and was introduced as a member of SNSD. The ethnicity is marked as 'Korean-Chinese', and it is written that she has already arrived in Changsha, Hunan Province, China for filming.

original post: here

1. Huh? But she's always been American

2. I really hope this is fake?

3. Huh? But don't Chinese people consider Koreans ethnic Chinese anyways?

4. ????????????

5. ?? Isn't she American? So they consider Americans Korean-Chinese too now?

6. Please tell me this isn't real. Just how much disappointment is she going to give us

7. Jessica is American ... She's never been naturalized as a Korean

8. This is seriously... Quite low

9. Jessica fans are already saying that she's 100% going to participate in the show, but why do I feel like it's a shame that she's participatingㅠ

10. What a disappointment

• American is a nationality, not an ethnicity though. :huuh:

• Jessica is too hot, after years knetz are still obsessed with her

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• its not easy being that popular :pepe-flirt:

tumblr_mmndgehf4g1racg1co8_r1_250.gif

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• American is a nationality, not an ethnicity though. :huuh:

coming from homogenous country i can say i get them, to us you are all americans. we don't use african, latin or whatever american, it's just american. we don't care about your ethnicity, just nationality

From my perspective, I would only consider myself American as well. Sure, if you trace my family back long enough we were Dutch, but my family has been in the US for over 200 years now.

So all we've ever know for generations is America and American culture.

What does that make me?

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• 3. Huh? But don't Chinese people consider Koreans ethnic Chinese anyways?

oh nah not at all

She gonna be in for a doozy, especially for the holier than thou rhetoric from the old guard chinese people regarding korea.

disclaimer I know I'm stereotyping chinese people but a ton of middle aged to old people in china kinda grew up in a environment that taught that korea used to be just a small splinter nation from china, that korea can never be on the level of china because it used to be a part of china.

but they also conveniently don't consider koreans, chinese.

• Jessica and Krystal grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area with a large and historic Chinese-American population and they started careers in China after SNSD. They trained at SM in a different era when China was considered a natural market (and home) for ethnic Koreans.

They don't have the same prejudice against Chinese as South Koreans, especially the current generation

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• From my perspective, I would only consider myself American as well. Sure, if you trace my family back long enough we were Dutch, but my family has been in the US for over 200 years now.

So all we've ever know for generations is America and American culture.

What does that make me?

Well Dutch are white so no one will see you as anything other than American.

Asian-Americans will always be seen as something foreign even if their families had been here for generations.

If Jessica and Krystal were treated like ethnic Dutch or any other white ethnic Americans they wouldn't have ended in Korea and then China to persue their careers. KPOP (like Chinese cinema) had been an avenue for many Asian-Americans in performing arts because getting into those fields in the US is nearly impossible.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Well Dutch are white so no one will see you as anything other than American.

Asian-Americans will always be seen as something foreign even if their families had been here for generations.

If Jessica and Krystal were treated like ethnic Dutch or any other white ethnic Americans they wouldn't have ended in Korea and then China to persue their careers. KPOP (like Chinese cinema) had been an avenue for many Asian-Americans in performing arts because getting into those fields in the US is nearly impossible.

Can't disagree with this... My SO is Italian from Italy and still people assume HE is the American, not me.

• I mean, you guys won't let her promote in peace in Korea, so she's going where she is wanted and in demand.

She's gotta live too.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!