What did JYPE did right with Stray Kids but Not With Got7?

• I know Got7 left JYPE already. But its still a mystery on why Got7 didnt become bigger when they in JYPE.

How come they could not sell more of their album and be more popular than they should be is a mystery since they supposed to rule South East Asian with BamBam as a member. And a Hong Kong member who pretend to be China and active there too.Taught that would help in gaining fans and album sales. All Stray Kids had is korean member.

And TBH Got7 is more visually appealed. They got Jinyoung and Mark for godsake. Even JB could give south korean actor a run. But SKZ only Hyunjin is the only noticeable one and they also know to be the group with short height member.

And if we talk about song. People has been criticize SKZ song to be Noise Music. Musically Got7 is more diverse and easy to listen.

So....maybe freedom and image could be the reason? JYPE just give Bang Chan power to do whatever he want with the group since debut but Got7 only got that later after years of debut.

• GOT7 was doing well doing their own thing and then JYP tried to turn them into a BTS-like group with a "message" when they just wanted to make fun music.

Stray Kids have benefited from the kpop boom as well. K-Pop blew up in 2020 as the pandemic went on. GOT7's major comeback during that time wasn't even promoted properly by the company. Mark was doing their Instagram teasers.

• their music just became bland i guess, their early music were more interesting, and their rap was not well compared to some of their peers, they had great vocals but idk if they got enough appreciation for that

and tbh like put skz and got7 in front of me, skz is more appealing to me even though I also think got7 is great group

• WAY more creative freedom, im pretty chan got to choose who he wanted in his team, and in general a lot more trust i feel like.

• The production value would be through the roof. They could've had flying arrows over them. Dancing in red rain. Would be a great broody fierce concept. Possibilities are endless.

I as LSM (certain people call me LSM around here) would love to if only Got7 was part of SM...

maybe I'll make it just GOT (girls on top) without the 7

• And TBH Got7 is more visually appealed. They got Jinyoung and Mark for godsake. Even JB could give south korean actor a run. But SKZ only Hyunjin is the only noticeable one and they also know to be the group with short height member.

The last line is just disrespectful. Why do you need to be tall to be popular and attractive? I'm sure most stays love skz members bcz of their personality more than their height. Also if you really stanned skz you would've known that other than Hyunjin, Felix Chan and Minho are also carrying the group's image and popularity. You just decided to be ignorant and post a thread.

• It's weird to see people acting like GOT7 wasn't a solidly successful group. I remember on one of their tours (2018? 2019?) how they appeared in highest grossing tours in the U.S. in Billboard.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• And TBH Got7 is more visually appealed. They got Jinyoung and Mark for godsake. Even JB could give south korean actor a run. But SKZ only Hyunjin is the only noticeable one and they also know to be the group with short height member.

And if we talk about song. People has been criticize SKZ song to be Noise Music. Musically Got7 is more diverse and easy to listen.

:pepe-popcorn:  :pepe-tea:

This could have been said so much more nicely, but no, it wasn't and now there's a good chance even more mean stuff could be spread on this thread (towards both groups, as well as other users). I understand your main question, and I don't know the answer to it to be honest, but asking the question the way you did will most likely just get you hostility and fanwars, not answers. I sincerely hope we don't get too much fighting from this thread.

:pepe-back-away:

• low effort :annoyedk:

All Stray Kids had is korean member.

Chan and Felix are also Australian, thus native English speakers

And TBH Got7 is more visually appealed.

that's subjective, I like SKZ's visuals more, so what

But SKZ only Hyunjin is the only noticeable one

literally not true

and they also know to be the group with short height member.

Who says that, aside from stays joking? They're much better known for things like being extremely talented and self producing

People don't really just criticise SKZ, they passionately and mindlessly hate on them. Or love their music more than anything. There's not as much in-between as I saw it was for Got7, whose music a lot of people just…genuinely didn't like or click with, their rapline was criticised a lot, so was their ambiguous concept. As far as I know, a lot of ahgases were frustrated by their music too, when the company changed too much about their self-written songs or didn't let them release those at all?

It's also ridiculous to suggest Stray Kids' discography is not as diverse, their discography is one of the most diverse ones, someone has done the maths a while ago.

• Go read this OP so you don’t have to be worried abt got7 being a flop anymore :pepelove1:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• GOT7 was doing well doing their own thing and then JYP tried to turn them into a BTS-like group with a "message" when they just wanted to make fun music.

Stray Kids have benefited from the kpop boom as well. K-Pop blew up in 2020 as the pandemic went on. GOT7's major comeback during that time wasn't even promoted properly by the company. Mark was doing their Instagram teasers.

I think the KPOP boom had a lot to do with it.

I think had GOT7 debuted during the high KPOP is experiencing right now, they would have been bigger in terms of sales.

Would they have hit million sellers like Stray Kids? Maybe. If not a million, they definitely would have probably doubled their sales.

Happy for Stray Kids though. They picked up where GOT7 left off and grew even bigger. Maybe them or JYP's next boygroup will finally kill the JYPE boygroup stigma.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!