Does Teddy have some kind of "no boys" rule or some weird reason he only wants to make song for girls?

• I really don't understand why Teddy writes songs for BP, Somi, Lisa but wouldn't pen a single song for YG boy groups who've been struggling with public friendly songs that appeal to both domestic and international fans, which is part of the reason Ikon didn't make it. I swear 2-3 Teddy titles and Ikon would be in a totally different place.

I don't personally like his "bangers" but they definitely do appeal to people. Treasure's first song in over a year is just not it. They have the potential but they need a freaking hit song and I have no idea why wouldn't at least co wrote a song for them like he did with BigBang's Fantastic Baby and BBB, two of their most popular songs.

It just doesn't seem like a good business decision to gatekeep hands down the biggest hitmaker in your company from boy groups who have way more sales potential than girl groups.

• Treasure can bag the biggest producer in kpop and they still wouldn’t chart anyway. Treasure isn’t an exception so I’m not surprised by their charting.

YG don’t care, they invested 500k won for a mv who will struggle to reach 10M views as long they sell well they are fine.

• I really don't understand why Teddy writes songs for BP, Somi, Lisa but wouldn't pen a single song for YG boy groups who've been struggling with public friendly songs that appeal to both domestic and international fans, which is part of the reason Ikon didn't make it. I swear 2-3 Teddy titles and Ikon would be in a totally different place.

I don't personally like his "bangers" but they definitely do appeal to people. Treasure's first song in over a year is just not it. They have the potential but they need a freaking hit song and I have no idea why wouldn't at least co wrote a song for them like he did with BigBang's Fantastic Baby and BBB, two of their most popular songs.

It just doesn't seem like a good business decision to gatekeep hands down the biggest hitmaker in your company from boy groups who have way more sales potential than girl groups.

I think the trainees learn how to compose songs etc during trainee days so what's the point of releasing something written by someone else when you have been trained to do it yourself.

YG boy groups work on their album and songs and that will never change. Big Bang had also songs written only by them so there is a chance that in the future Teddy might work with Treasure. But with that release they showed they can bring bangers themselve even if they're not as good as teddys but still it is their work which they poured their heart into it

They sell incredibly good and their charting got a lot better this time so this song can be their organic hit somg so you should wait

• Treasure can bag the biggest producer in kpop and they still wouldn’t chart anyway. Treasure isn’t an exception so I’m not surprised by their charting.

YG don’t care, they invested 500k won for a mv who will struggle to reach 10M views as long they sell well they are fine.

You mean YG doesn't buy views for them?

Btw it doesn't struggle to reach 10M lmao

Their charting got better i hope it still gets better tho.

At least they ain't a group who didn' improve since debut...

• It just doesn't seem like a good business decision to gatekeep hands down the biggest hitmaker in your company from boy groups who have way more sales potential than girl groups.

I'm sure it's Teddy's decision. Teddy has his own label now (TBL), and is working on BP, Somi and developing his next girl group (not ygngg). It is interesting that he has a "no boys allowed" sign in front of his studio.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Let the man rest, he's literally carried YG for over 20 years, dude has dozens of #1 hits credited to him as either a writer or producer. Everything YG has musically is because of him. Even GD was molded and nurtured under Teddy. He tired now, that's why he has his acts under TBL do their own writing.

By the way, if y'all want to hear Teddy in a more recent performance, check this new discovery i made. Not a fan of the bass here, but the rap verses were entertaining lol.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Let the man rest, he's literally carried YG for over 20 years, dude has dozens of #1 hits credited to him as either a writer or producer. Everything YG has musically is because of him. Even GD was molded and nurtured under Teddy. He tired now, that's why he has his acts under TBL do their own writing.

By the way, if y'all want to hear Teddy in a more recent performance, check this new discovery i made. Not a fan of the bass here, but the rap verses were entertaining lol.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

just realized i've been listening to this unironically the last 5-6 years lmao

External Content youtu.be

unironically that bar might actually be real (1:00 - 1:05)

• I wonder if YG would ever do a crowdsourcing production

Like where people submit samples and/or backing track candidates and then vote on what is good etc. A master producer would mix it together and stuff like that -- kinda like a survival show but for audio lol

One of The reason why yg act make boat load of money is coz yg try to make everything in-house if possible . Album production & distribution is in-house too iirc .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!