I Trained With BTS: Being on the Brink of Fame and Then Losing it All

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 30 secs into it and he's saying i dont care about the money

liarrrrr ¬‿¬

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• damn i wish we had a local merch shop too

• ooh he was the last one to get cut from the team

• not these parents putting such high expectations on kids

when will asian parents ever learn to chill

• omg this grandpa is so cute

• should have plugged in his youtube at the end lol

• damn I feel sorry for him

External Content www.youtube.com

• The title and thumbnail of the video is so misleading. Vice is weird. The guy seems to be so wholesome. He's happy with his life and happy for bts too. He talks about bts so fondly. The guy seems to be so wholesome and is just reminising a phase of his life.

Wholesome only gets clicks if it involves an animal. :mukbang:

• The title and thumbnail of the video is so misleading. Vice is weird. The guy seems to be so wholesome. He's happy with his life and happy for bts too. He talks about bts so fondly. The guy seems to be so wholesome and is just reminising a phase of his life.

i don't rlly see how this was misleading tho. his personally story is honestly sad af. having your dream and friends taken away from you in a heartbeat just to see them blow up to an extent you could have never imagined when you yourself were a trainee? and the fact that his mom fell ill and he nearly flunked out of school. wholesome or not, its depressing. especially when he was literally roommates with the entire final lineup minus jin and i wouldnt be surprised if he was dropped for jin, or at least if he has a suspicion about that.

• i don't rlly see how this was misleading tho. his personally story is honestly sad af. having your dream and friends taken away from you in a heartbeat just to see them blow up to an extent you could have never imagined when you yourself were a trainee? and the fact that his mom fell ill and he nearly flunked out of school. wholesome or not, its depressing. especially when he was literally roommates with the entire final lineup minus jin and i wouldnt be surprised if he was dropped for jin, or at least if he has a suspicion about that.

I thought the final member was Jimin. Didn’t Tae say during a BV in Malta that Jimin almost did not make the final line up

• I thought the final member was Jimin. Didn’t Tae say during a BV in Malta that Jimin almost did not make the final line up

yes, but its clear during the time period this guy was talking about, the lineup was not completely finalized since people were still getting cut. i take it jimin was almost not added to the final lineup, but he was obviously still there as a trainee for more than a month

• yes, but its clear during the time period this guy was talking about, the lineup was not completely finalized since people were still getting cut. i take it jimin was almost not added to the final lineup, but he was obviously still there as a trainee for more than a month

Thank you. He didn’t mention Jin but Jin I think signed on early around the same time as JK?

• i don't rlly see how this was misleading tho. his personally story is honestly sad af. having your dream and friends taken away from you in a heartbeat just to see them blow up to an extent you could have never imagined when you yourself were a trainee? and the fact that his mom fell ill and he nearly flunked out of school. wholesome or not, its depressing. especially when he was literally roommates with the entire final lineup minus jin and i wouldnt be surprised if he was dropped for jin, or at least if he has a suspicion about that.

Yes his life is sad. I'm not denying that but he has a positive outlook on his life is all I'm saying. He could've hyperfixated on the bitterness and let it all fester and become spiteful towards bts or hate his own life. He could have cooked up stories for clout. It's not uncommon in kpop. At all.

But he bears no ill feelings towards them and still sees them in the same fond light. It's wholesome that he talks about them proudly, shows their pictures.

The way he talks about his own job so brightly and excitedly makes me happy. I don't think people should see him as a failure or a sob story or hyper fixate on the low points of his life. So far I like him and his personality and I wish him well. I hope bts get to meet him soon too.

Desbundar

• I must be shallow cuz I'm immediately thinking he didn't have the visuals...

Yes. I like you a lot, but yes.

A lot of idols get the idol makeover, PS + upkeep. He doesn't have a kpop idol company behind him for that.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• the title is pretty misleading, you expect him to somewhat be shady or bitter, but he is neither.

imagine almost being part of the biggest group atm & being one of the biggest celebrities globally...

i'm very glad he is content & living his life happily.

• he must have felt really bad when they told him he wouldn't make it, i'm happy to hear he's doing things he likes now and is content with his life

also, i can see why they would say BTS still look cute to them instead of cool lmao the members still have this innocent and humble aura surrounding them which i feel is one of the reasons they attract so many people

External Content www.youtube.com

• Maybe. In my personal life, no, but if i was picking from among a bunch of trainees to debut in the notoriously shallow kpop industry, yeah, visuals would be a consideration. *shrug*

A lot of them got the so-called kpop package predebut. Talent > looks, and they artificial create more idol-like visuals too.

mKl7Ghm.png

• A lot of them got the so-called kpop package predebut. Talent > looks, and they artificial create more idol-like visuals too.

bts members were always cute tho. someone who always looked good, will most likely look better after getting the idol treatment than someone who's more average looking and gets the idol treatment

• bts members were always cute tho

I'm not talking about BTS. I'm talking about idols in general. I have never said my comments were about BTS members, because they weren't. It was a general statement.

mKl7Ghm.png

• A lot of them got the so-called kpop package predebut. Talent > looks, and they artificial create more idol-like visuals too.

Talent should trump looks but we all know that isn't true for all idols, or all celebs in general. There are a lot of people out there coasting on their visuals and plenty of talented people who don't turn heads who won't make it.

You're right about the kpop package tho. Some of the glow ups are crazy good. I would love to have that kind of professional make over (hair, makeup, styling, skin care, workout etc - not necessarily ps).

• Despite me not being a BTS fan I watched it because it was short and I was curious about the life of someone who could have grown very big. It seems nice that it feels to me they all became very close or at least this guy is a very kind person who really cherishes the ppl around him, he sounds like a man with a heart of gold.

Someone said here he doesn't look as handsome as the other BTS members but to me he looked fine and I would dare say he looked better than some members did at the time they were trainees. This also opened my eyes as to how much they took care of how they look because this guy doesn't have the soft look most idols have which I can notice mostly on his weight and skin (probably because he doesn't have make up on).

• I haven't watched it yet but it seems positive from you guys' posts. I did however see a video of another trainee who could've been in BTS talk about the members. That trainee had only nice things to say as well. In fact he only shared touching stories. That RM wanted all the trainees to not think of the evaluation as a competition and to help each other out. Or that Suga took care of him when he was sick and even offered to pay his medical bills. The environment already seemed friendly and supportive from the way he described it so I don't doubt that this is how this guy felt after spending a long time training together.

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• This thread contains 20 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!