HYBE stans: Are they real or a KPOP myth?

• title :/ We all know how prevalent SM stans aka PinkBloods are in the KPOP community, there many on this very forum. YG stans used to be around ALOT during the 2nd gen as well.

Until recently BTS was BigHit aka HYBE's only group. But with them starting to confirm the debu if many more group in the future, along with people who probably have no idea about business or stocks getting invested in HYBE's IPO a while back, do you think HYBE stans are becoming a growing breed or are they just modern legend made up by KPOP stans?

• maybe bighit/pledis artist stans but idk about HYBE stans. considering how rapidly bighit grew and formed hybe, its hard to have stans that are devoted to the entire umbrella of hybe artists. maybe we'll start seeing them more prominently in a few years like we see pinkbloods or like you said 2nd gen yg stans.

• they exist if you watch most of the people here for example 90% who stan bts, are stanning txt too or enhypen or seventeen

and a lot of people here who never appear in fromis_9 thread in the past, suddenly start to appear in every thread related to fromis_9 once they join HYBE

it's the same phenomen who happened years ago when Gfriend announce they'll join HYBE and suddenly tons of Hybe stans went in the comment section of their MV to leave comments

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• they exist if you watch most of the people here for example 90% who stan bts, are stanning txt too or enhypen or seventeen

and a lot of people here who never appear in fromis_9 thread in the past, suddenly start to appear in every thread related to fromis_9 once they join HYBE

stanning more than 1 hybe group doesn't mean you are a company stan lol.

Just because I stan TXT and enhypen doesn't mean I am going to stan other hybe groups.

A company stan is someone that supports a company and every thing they do, whether it is right or wrong. Stanning more than 1 group from the same company doesn't mean you are a company stan.

it's the same phenomen who happened years ago when Gfriend announce they'll join HYBE and suddenly tons of Hybe stans went in the comment section of their MV to leave comments

that's not a company stan. you can stan only one group and be a company stan. just like some armys who defend every decision hybe makes because they think that criticizing hybe means criticizing bts.

stanning multiple groups doesn't mean you're a company stan, just that you like their music

• I'm sure there are some. I haven't seen more than a few personally. There are label stans, I think, but not everyone who likes groups under one label is a label stan. It's often a matter of the other group(s) having proximity to each other. I started stanning TXT because I'd heard of them and was curious. I would not have heard of them or been curious if they weren't under BigHit and I already stanned BTS. That's just proximity and convenience. There are other groups who I don't bother to check out because it would take me out of my way to do so. People tried to get me to check out SVT and En- and I'm like nah that's too much work. I will follow the new Jpn bg though because K is in it and it's close enough in proximity to the other BigHit groups so that I don't have to go out of my way to keep up. So I have extra incentive because of K.

I'm kinda rambling now and I need to go shovel snow.

• They are real as all companies have 'stans'.

But there is a difference between liking groups because you love what the label has put out so far and liking groups because you believe that the company can't do anything wrong ever and you will defend each and every artist with no proof. Sometimes people just like groups from the same company by coincidence and I think that's okay. Kissing up to the company and being biased in ways that affect circumstances badly however is not.

Let it be known that I like some Hybe groups but I dislike Hybe as a company for sure. Their artists' music just appeals to me more than others. That is all.

• stanning more than 1 hybe group doesn't mean you are a company stan lol.

Just because I stan TXT and enhypen doesn't mean I am going to stan other hybe groups.

A company stan is someone that supports a company and every thing they do, whether it is right or wrong. Stanning more than 1 group from the same company doesn't mean you are a company stan.

Interesting because I've seen users get labeled an SM stan when in reality they stan like 2 or 3 groups from that company

elijahpetty-azealia-banks.gif

• stanning more than 1 hybe group doesn't mean you are a company stan lol.

that's weird because when people like more than 2 SM groups they are label as SM stan even if they criticize the company a lot

but if a hybe stan like one more than hybe group it's not a hybe stan

Thats Weird GIFs | Tenor

• that's weird because when people like more than 2 SM groups they are label as SM stan even if they criticize the company a lot

Thats Weird GIFs | Tenor

many users who like more than 1 sm group say how sm is superior, sm would never debut someone who's an average singer, other companies suck etc. sounds like a company stan to me. Stanning more than one group from the same company doesn't make you a company stan but when you get defensive if it comes to other companies and their stans and drag them all the time to uplift the other company it becomes sus

• that's not a company stan. you can stan only one group and be a company stan. just like some armys who defend every decision hybe makes because they think that criticizing hybe means criticizing bts.

stanning multiple groups doesn't mean you're a company stan, just that you like their music

well it's not just stanning multiple groups

but when you know that there's a GG for example like Gfriend who was always know to be a big GG with a lot of hit, and who a lot of people talked about, and you never cared about them

and then suddenly that they are under HYBE go check them out, and listen to their stuff and support them just because they are under HYBE right now

i'm sorry but it's a pretty company stan label behaviour

and i'm using this example because i remember a lot of people on AKP acting like this when gfriend signed with HYBE, saying that they didn't care about gfriend before, but now that they sign with hybe listened to their stuff and like them

like i've never been interest in MC mong stuff , i'm not gonna listen to his songs suddenly when all these years i didn't listen to any of them just because he's suddenly sign under a sub label of SM

and the reason why a lot of BTS stan are considered for example HYBE stan is because a lot of them went to buy share in Big hit like WTF '-'

or were talking for months about BH IPO etc...

• Interesting because I've seen users get labeled an SM stan when in reality they stan like 2 or 3 groups from that company

that's weird because when people like more than 2 SM groups they are label as SM stan even if they criticize the company a lot

Thats Weird GIFs | Tenor

By both of your logic the people who stan 2 or more sm groups will be SM Stans. Since you both used the same logic for hybe Stans here 2 posts ago. It's not like ArmyBlinkOnce0 is going around calling those people SM Stans.

Whose hypocrisy are you both exposing here :pepe-cringe:

• By both of your logic the people who stan 2 or more sm groups will be SM Stans. Since you both used the same logic for hybe Stans here 2 posts ago. It's not like ArmyBlinkOnce0 is going around calling those people SM Stans.

Whose hypocrisy are you both exposing here :pepe-cringe:

idk why you're quoting me, nowhere did I state that anyone who stans more than one hybe group is a hybe stan. take your concerns up with sooyoung.

now stop derailing, answer the question in the title or scram honey

• idk why you're quoting me, nowhere did I state that anyone who stans more than one HYBE group is a HYBE stan.

now stop derailing, anwer the question in the title or scram sweetie

You called people commenting here hybe Stans not two posts ago. You did that based on what?

And you should really stop with this act before it gets you in more trouble like the last time it did with the plastics. I don't know if you're too young or just like the clout but really if it's the former start thinking with your own mind instead of following every other forum clique.

• I guess it depends on Kpop's ever growing definitions on "company stan" everyone has different way to define it. From the way I recall "SM stan" was an insult towards those who believed they were superior simply from stanning all or many SM groups. I believe you can enjoy many groups from a company and not be a company stan at all.

A lot of kpop stans are too worried with others like and its plain weird. So what someone happens to check out a group from the same company literally all kpop stans do that. Life would be simpler if kpop fans didn't question why people like groups.

• i'm a bit confused by the answers because apparently stanning every group under hybe doesn't mean you're a hybe stan but stanning 3 groups from sm and 2 groups from yg automatically means you're a company stan? :/ i have to laugh

of course, not everyone liking a certain company's style and music is their stan but kpoppies are going around labelling everyone supporting more than one artist from a certain entertainment as a "brainless company stan" while they're doing exactly the same...

about hybe stans - just the fact a huge portion of fans, especially armys, are taking everything said against hybe / bighit as a personal offence against them and bts speaks pretty clearly

• You called people commenting here hybe Stans not two posts ago. You did that based on what?

And you should really stop with this act before it gets you in more trouble like the last time it did with the plastics. I don't know if you're too young or just like the clout but really if it's the former start thinking with your own mind instead of following every other forum clique.

It wasn't based on anything but the fact that they were mad that I made the thread, why get angry at a simple question if you didn't think you were a HYBE stan?

And I'm not part of any fucking clique, I can think for myself, thanks for the concern.

• that's weird because when people like more than 2 SM groups they are label as SM stan even if they criticize the company a lot

Thats Weird GIFs | Tenor

we've already had a discussion about what company stan means and we all agreed that stanning groups from the same company doesn't make you a company stan. defending every move the company does and acting like that company and their artists are superior, that's a company stan. buying shares doesn't make you a company stan lol, it's called an investment. but discussing about it and bragging like it's your achievement (which as we all know, already happened), that's a company stan.

• It wasn't based on anything but the fact that they were mad that I made the thread, why get angry at a simple question if you didn't think you were a HYBE stan?

And I'm not part of any fucking clique, I can think for myself, thanks for the concern.

So what should people think about you getting mad at the sm stan label? Does the same logic apply?

You're welcome. I'll just assume you're not young then. That was my main concern anyway.

• title :/ We all know how prevalent SM stans aka PinkBloods are in the KPOP community, there many on this very forum. YG stans used to be around ALOT during the 2nd gen as well.

Until recently BTS was BigHit aka HYBE's only group. But with them starting to confirm the debu if many more group in the future, along with people who probably have no idea about business or stocks getting invested in HYBE's IPO a while back, do you think HYBE stans are becoming a growing breed or are they just modern legend made up by KPOP stans?

The army multis here are all hybe stans bar maybe a few. They of course will deny this and post essays and forget to use punctuation and how hypocritical they are when they do the same to SM stans. Both sets I abhor. :merongk:

This reminds me of a hybe stan tweet that got ratioed a few days ago praising BH/Hybe staff now how without them no BTS :sketchyk: Thankfully it’s not has bad outside of this site.

• This thread contains 133 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!