Kpop MVs aren't entertaining anymore : AGREE or DISAGREE

• What do you think 11

1. agree (2) 18%
    2. disagree (why ?) (9) 82%

Been rewatching a lot of older MVs recently and I realised that the more entertaining MVs with storylines have pretty much disappeared from current Kpop releases. It's just got me thinking about how many MVs nowadays pretty much all follow the exact same format.

Now I'm not referring to MVs like T-ara's 15 minute short films haha, just MVs that had some sort of background plot or story happening between shots of the members and choreo, regardless of how relevant it was to the song. MVs like:

I understand that companies want to make their MVs focus mainly on the group, the song and the choreo, but nowadays a lot of MVs have little to no rewatch value for me. They're just aesthetic MV sets, pretty shots of the members, and wide shots of the choreo. Yep, budget is sky high, members look amazing, styling is super cohesive and creative, but if that's all then I'll just add the song to my playlist and listen there from now on. There are of course exceptions but this applies for a lot of newer MV releases.

When I said storyline I didn't mean fan theories or ones where a story has to be extracted from lore or made up from guessing. I meant the members literally act out scenes that progress one single storyline throughout the MV. The most recent example I can think of is something like RV's Peekaboo or IOI's Whatta Man.

cc : reddit

• MV with plot (that leaves you confused)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

3 part series for this trilogy

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• There are still a ton of MVs with plot. I don't think it's gone down significantly from 2nd gen

• External Content m.youtube.com

Wait the MV of the year

:pepe-legs:

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• Disagree. Different strokes for different folks. Some people don't want a MV for story. Some want a simple, flashy presentation of their faves. I'm not a huge MV fan so I don't know how much storyline MV's are prevelant nowadays. If it is indeed less popular in the present, then the answer to the question would be a yes.

• For the purpose of watching it, I prefer MVs with a plot over random shots, especially longer MVs. But, for the purpose of listening to the song, it doesn't matter and longer MVs are actually a hindrance.

• Disagree.

My favs have beautiful MVs so I can’t relate.

Here is so screenshot:

I put this in a spoiler because it can be triggering but it’s a beautiful aesthetic picture

CF537348-6ED6-4D0E-B1C5-E36A99EE7187.jpeg

D6A1E469-2BD9-4E60-B62E-FA19D03EF531.jpeg

81FA50AB-20A6-4C5B-BAB9-428177674027.jpeg

8000C8C3-4803-4B2F-A297-AA445D13F225.jpeg

57F609FD-E0DE-4C8B-BC31-5E6AA17C4CAF.jpeg

Videos:

Nap of a star

(Filmed as the old movies stop motion or what is it called)

Eternally… 20 min long mini film music video

They most beautiful mv so far.

Blue hour

Absolute colour fest.

0x1 Lovesong

Nostalgic muted coloured mv with lot of beautiful scene

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!