RANKING BLACKPINK & TWICE & RED VELVET & ITZY & AESPA & STAYC & IVE & KEP1ER (+3 MORE)

• Since there are too much success thread going on, here is a fresh thread with Talents ranking.

For vocal it's pretty much spot on. This does not suprise me but it will for others.

For other talents,Anyone care to chime in?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • too lazy to watch what's their ranking

• Irene better than Ryujin in dance :woow:

I always knew she was a good dancer but not this good...

• Karina better than Rosé in vocals :wow:

That's surprising...

• The scoring-to-letter system of the video makes no sense.

Examples within the vocal rankings:

69) LOONA - Vivi - 2.3 / 10 [F]

40) Red Velvet - Yeri - 5 / 10 [F]

30) IVE - Yujin - 6.1 / 10 [E]

10) ITZY - Lia - 7.8 / 10 [D]

5) AESPA - Winter - 9/10 [C]

2) AESPA - NingNing - 9.3 / 10 [C+]

1) Red Velvet - Wendy - 9.7 / 10 [A-]

So 9.0 to 9.3 is a jump from C to C+, but 9.3 to 9.7 is a jump from C+ to A- ? And this is out of a maximum score of 10.

• Karina better than Rosé in vocals :wow:

That's surprising...

You are only discovering this now? Karina is better than a lot of main vocalist she's really good this is probably why sm only picked 4 girls they don't need a large amount of vocalist in a group when 3/4 are skilled enough and Giselle is on joy's level

• as always kpop fans hate to include mamamoo for vocal rankings because solar, wheein and hwasa would occupy ranks 2-4 therefore most big 3 idols would drop from the top 10 lol

Some things seem accurate, like jihyo above seulgi and jeongyeon above nayeon. But many other ranks seem off and I wish the person included technical explanations

• The gap between Wendy and Ningning (from C+ to A-)...

Wendy debuted competent, she's unique but most SM vocals follow NN's pattern. She's also closer to a B- than a C+....like Jea/Hwasa aren't that off NN, NN just has no material.

Seulgi, Jeongyeon, Chaehyun and Winter are C.

Ningning and Jihyo C+ and Wendy A-.

The rest D but most of them E.

Why is Jihyo C+? She's a C too, in fact she's probably worse than Seulgi now.

• Some things seem accurate, like jihyo above seulgi and jeongyeon above nayeon. But many other ranks seem off and I wish the person included technical explanations

Wendy debuted competent, she's unique but most SM vocals follow NN's pattern. She's also closer to a B- than a C+....like Jea/Hwasa aren't that off NN, NN just has no material.

Why is Jihyo C+? She's a C too, in fact she's probably worse than Seulgi now.

I'm glad someone said it! I was looking for this comment lol Jihyo has noticeably regressed she's below winter and seulgi she's not as good as what she used to be

Those seemed to contradict eachother. Should I read this like that Seulgi's and Jihyo's vocal skills have changed over the years and that in recent times Jihyo's vocal skills are less than they used to be years ago or that Seulgi's vocal skills have become more, or both, to the point that Seulgi surpasses Jihyo? And Ningning somewhat better than both those 2?

Also, what does it mean, 'most SM vocals follow NN's pattern'? In skill level, or in growth? Or something else?

• Those seemed to contradict eachother. Should I read this like that Seulgi's and Jihyo's vocal skills have changed over the years and that in recent times Jihyo's vocal skills are less than they used to be years ago or that Seulgi's vocal skills have become more, or both, to the point that Seulgi surpasses Jihyo? And Ningning somewhat better than both those 2?

Also, what does it mean, 'most SM vocals follow NN's pattern'? In skill level, or in growth? Or something else?

Hwasa

Ning Ning

Winter

Seulgi

Jeongyeon/ Jihyo

Nayeon

Ning is closer to Hwasa than Winter-Nayeon

• looking at Giselle most recent features from SM Town concert. I think she has the potential to be behind soyeon. She composed her lyrics and has flow. The thing she is lacking now is experience and freedom to do what she want in aespa songs. She is confined to SM rapping method which is ewww.

• Talking fast isn't a skill I assure you aespa are better rappers. Giselle wrote 4 raps that alone pushes her over the edge and I know damn well no one in kep1er or everglow is writing raps so don't go there with me.

And kep1er and everglow only have rappers because they can not sing. That automatically makes your points moot. Giselle auditioned as a rapper she wasn't sidelined to be one because she can't hold a tune.

what are u saying lol?they aren't rappers just because they can't sing.they aren't sm rappers.hikaru auditioned in gp999 as a rapper and e.u write some lyrics.also writing ur own rap doesn't automatically make u a good rapper lol.u're completely being biased rn.

• what are u saying lol?they aren't rappers just because they can't sing.they aren't sm rappers.hikaru auditioned in gp999 as a rapper and e.u write some lyrics.also writing ur own rap doesn't automatically make u a good rapper lol.u're completely being biased rn.

No you're just delusional. Again they're not touching Giselle.

• what are u saying lol?they aren't rappers just because they can't sing.they aren't sm rappers.hikaru auditioned in gp999 as a rapper and e.u write some lyrics.also writing ur own rap doesn't automatically make u a good rapper lol.u're completely being biased rn.

just checked both out and giggled yea they're not better than Giselle

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Copying Iggy Azalea's flow and talking fast is good rapping? Kpop stans are embarrassing. Couldn't tell if she was rapping in gibberish or English.

• just checked both out and giggled yea they're not better than Giselle

Copying Iggy Azalea's flow and talking fast is good rapping? Kpop stans are embarrassing. Couldn't tell if she was rapping in gibberish or English.

Writing ur own rap doesn't suddenly make u a good rapper too.

• All the rappers are far down from Soyeon's rap talent.

• Those seemed to contradict eachother. Should I read this like that Seulgi's and Jihyo's vocal skills have changed over the years and that in recent times Jihyo's vocal skills are less than they used to be years ago or that Seulgi's vocal skills have become more, or both, to the point that Seulgi surpasses Jihyo? And Ningning somewhat better than both those 2?

Jihyo has regressed (less than before) but NN is significantly, and I mean significantly better. The only ballpark in the range of Seulgi/Jihyo is Winter (who is cleaner than Seulgi/Jihyo but she has placement/rounding problems and her lows are kinda weak). All 3 stop at B4 at their best.

The reason why NN looks weird is because the majority of her ability was shown Savage/Next Level to now. She is definitely not Average. Her lows are outstanding (AA level actually) and she G#3/G3, she has C5/C#5 very pat down [Which is AA], she has head voice, her agility is decently strong (can bounce notes) and her higher range is actually much better than AAs like Jea. Look at her D5s and even F#5s, they're strained but her placement is there and it's actually better than chestier idols like Taeyeon (in SNSD time).

The problem is that Aespa songs have this weird filter, and NN can sing too heady. Her placement/support is more consistent than idols like Jea, Ben and even Hwasa/Wheein (although Hwasa/Wheein is better in other areas like intonation) but we don't know how strong her mix connection is. That is why she is not in AA yet.

They need to go and sing properly live because NN actually sounds significantly chestier live, that YYJ sound holds her back. Her lows are already better than any SM main vocal rookie besides Wendy. She's probably the only member of Aespa that would significantly benefit from these kinds of things (Immortal Songs/live performances year-end..etc) because there is a difference in Aespa and when she's singing like with Onew.

And I meant by tendency, only SM belter main vocal is Taeyeon. The rest tend to alternate between the two placements, like NN, Luna..etc but that also means they start off lower and generally improve as they preserve the voice well. I didn't think NN could do it tbh, she was shy singing live during BM but in DCT live, she did switch from heady to chesty so she can as well.

OFC idols like Wendy/Luna are so strong they can belt supported/resonant when the time comes but their best is when they're not belting.

One advantage NN has (why she moves up so fast) is that she is clean. She does have nasality problems but they aren't as bad as Jessica, she's overall stronger than Seohyun, and she's more consistent than idols like Minzy. The problem is that her depth is lacking compared to an idol like Sejeong.

• saw the title, knew whats gon' happen in this thread ^^^^ . If there's a more well rounded proof or even analyses, I might take this serious, but showing numbers and some clips won't do anything. I mean, it's great clickbait tho.

If you're going to rank vocals with these groups in the video, take our Wendy, because that's cheating.

If you're going to rank raps with these groups in the video, take out GIDLE Soyeon, because the others aren't rapping. If saying a word fast makes you a rapper, I am a rapper of 10+ years. :pepemusic:

• I don't think Jihyo has regressed that much, I only noticed it in Scientist but Jeongyeon is still weaker with her belts + placement in her mix, she gets too chesty. I will add JYPn and ITZY here.

Hwasa

Ningning

Lily/Haewon

Winter

Seulgi (small gap)

Jihyo

Jeongyeon

Karina? (has shown better but also worse moments than JY)

---

Jinni

Nayeon (straining is not helping her)

Giselle (small gap)

Lia

Sullyoon/Bae

• I agree with this

• sometimes I get tired of these rankings.

Like how many times do kpop stans need that validation that their faves are on top and certain others at the bottom? Why always comparing the same lame groups and "surprisingly" get the same lame ranking?

Why not mix things up a little, and include idols from every generation? Just include Davichi Haeri and Minkyung, bestie U.ji, Ailee, Shannon, Seungyeon, Hyolyn, mamamoo, Raina, Spica, Eunji etc. Why not include them for vocals? Are you scared it would mean your fave couldn't be on top anymore?

• Thanks for the clarifying and thorough response, I understand now what you meant.

I haven't really kept track of newer idols like Ningning, so this was very informative :-)

Like how many times do kpop stans need that validation that their faves are on top and certain others at the bottom? Why always comparing the same lame groups and "surprisingly" get the same lame ranking?

Why not mix things up a little, and include idols from every generation? Just include Davichi Haeri and Minkyung, bestie U.ji, Ailee, Shannon, Seungyeon, Hyolyn, mamamoo, Raina, Spica, Eunji etc. Why not include them for vocals? Are you scared it would mean your fave couldn't be on top anymore?

That's Kpop: everything will be ranked by Kpop fans, it is what it is.

In this case you shouldn't blame the OP, they did nothing else but post a video that did some interesting ranking about a number of idols from a handul of groups (but not all existing groups). My guess is the video creator only picked idols from groups that are currently still active, but that's up to the creator themselves to know.

There have been vocal rankings and analyses that included idols from 2nd gen to now, but the ones that did quit doing them due to rl stuff.

Of dance rankings and rap rankings there hasnt been much of that around, so that made the video interesting in its own way.

• cut the crap, here's the definitive rankings:

1. my faves

2. other people's faves

done

Because that wouldn't be as fun or clickbating. It's the same as ranking Sohyang with soloist. You know who's going to be the top so it'll be boring. To be fun you'll probably need groups that aren't outstanding or known to be vocalist and then rank them with some known vocalist for maximum impact. Some example I saw were of MMM vs Twice/Blackpink. ;(

Also, if you really wanted to be information, you shouldn't put a score or ranking on an idol's vocal. You just need to simply put 'undeveloped vocal', developed, advance, support, etc. Because it'll give a better idea of who can improved or who has already mastered it. Given anyone a score or ranking is to bring in opinion as 'wow X can't be lower than Y'. But the uploader know that already.

• Because that wouldn't be as fun or clickbating. It's the same as ranking Sohyang with soloist. You know who's going to be the top so it'll be boring.

Yet somehow these kinds of rankings ALWAYS include red velvet and compare them with bp and twice. If they leave out mamamoo cause it's obvious they'll win then they should also leave out rv. And if they don't want to exclude RV then they shouldn't exclude mamamoo either. For 6 damn years people put these big 3 ggs constantly against each other and always RV/SM groups come out on top for vocals. Won't that ever get boring too? I mean no offense to the creator of these videos, but how can they seriously compare wendy with bp, twice, loona or stayc, like OF COURSE wendy is better. We got it. Message received. 5 years over. It got boring. That's like comparing ariana grande or beyonce with selena gomez for vocals over and over again. Like OF COURSE ariana and beyonce are far out of selenas league. It's ridiculous to even put these names next to each other.

That's why I wish those biased vocal experts for one damn second actually start ranking vocalists that are actually in each other's league. Would these stans still be as confident if they tried to compare wendy with vocalists with similar skill, like hyorin, haeri, ailee, wheein, solar, U.ji? I guess not.

• Yet somehow these kinds of rankings ALWAYS include red velvet and compare them with bp and twice. If they leave out mamamoo cause it's obvious they'll win then they should also leave out rv. And if they don't want to exclude RV then they shouldn't exclude mamamoo either. For 6 damn years people put these big 3 ggs constantly against each other and always RV/SM groups come out on top for vocals. Won't that ever get boring too? I mean no offense to the creator of these videos, but how can they seriously compare wendy with bp, twice, loona or stayc, like OF COURSE wendy is better. We got it. Message received. 5 years over. It got boring. That's like comparing ariana grande or beyonce with selena gomez for vocals over and over again. Like OF COURSE ariana and beyonce are far out of selenas league. It's ridiculous to even put these names next to each other.

That's why I wish those biased vocal experts for one damn second actually start ranking vocalists that are actually in each other's league. Would these stans still be as confident if they tried to compare wendy with vocalists with similar skill, like hyorin, haeri, ailee, wheein, solar, U.ji? I guess not.

If you dont like TWICE and BP getting compared with RV and them coming out on top, you also wont like it when Aespa, another SM group, is included, or all those other groups with strong vocalists. Because they all will end up higher ranked than TWICE and BP, it's common knowledge TWICE's and BP's best singers are still mediocre compared with most other girl groups that simply have stronger singers.

Besides, there have been other rankings that included other 3rd gen groups like Mamamoo and GFRIEND and Wendy still came out on top as the stronger singer.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!