Wait so Lee Haein ranked 1st in Idol School and was supposed to debut as fromis_9's center but was rigged out?

• https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/06/the-real-winner-of-idol-school-writes-an-emotional-letter-to-her-fans

Imagine rigging out the real winner of the show?

The real winner of 'Idol School' writes an emotional letter to her fans
    Posted in r/kpop by u/starrysong • 1,255 points and 194 comments
    www.reddit.com

I knew that the rigging was severe in Idol School, but I didn't know it was this severe! I just found out today.

Every single voting round was manipulated.

Mnet announced they were picking girls from open auditions but 99% of them were actually picked privately without auditioning.

Debut members were had signed separate contracts from the rest since the beginning.*

They rigged the #1 voted member by the voters, Lee Haein, out.

At least with Produce 101, the trainees didn't actually know they were rigged in but the way I see it, no matter how much I like this group, the girls knew and profited from other girls being scammed, cheated out of their dreams and didn't have a problem with stealing someone's position if that meant their own dreams would come true. I can never see myself supporting a group like that ever again. No wonder knetz want them to disband.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Funny how Idol school was more rigged than Produce but Produce was the one to get slapped on the ass by the public while Idol school was in the shadows (not that Idol School didn't suffer legally of course).

We can't do anything about Lee Haein though, like Fromis_9 are around four years into debut, and their fanbase is stable, the only thing the K-pop industry can do is to try to prevent this from happening again, hopefully

• Funny how Idol school was more rigged than Produce but Produce was the one to get slapped on the ass by the public while Idol school was in the shadows (not that Idol School didn't suffer legally of course).

We can't do anything about Lee Haein though, like Fromis_9 are around four years into debut, and their fanbase is stable, the only thing the K-pop industry can do is to try to prevent this from happening again, hopefully

It's unfortunate Haein was robbed like this. I know we can't do anything but at least now I understand why the group gets such severe hate comments.

Omg this is so crazy, no wonder the hate comments were so severe :pepenomad:

I didn't get it up until now. Rigging out the winner? Girls knowing about everything from the beginning? What a mess.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Debut members were informed they have been chosen to debut from the start of the show, and had signed separate contracts from the rest.

At least with Produce 101, the trainees didn't actually know they were rigged in but the way I see it, no matter how much I like this group, the girls knew and profited from other girls being scammed, cheated out of their dreams and didn't have a problem with stealing someone's position if that meant their own dreams would come true. I can never see myself supporting a group like that ever again. No wonder knetz want them to disband.

Source please?

From the articles I read, a lot of the participants were offered separate contracts before the show, including Haein, not juste the winners. And I never read anything about the girls knowing the winners beforehand.

• Source please?

From the articles I read, a lot of the participants were offered separate contracts before the show, including Haein, not juste the winners. And I never read anything about the girls knowing the winners beforehand.

Source: articles about this! Unless I misunderstood?

I'll fix my wording!

mKl7Ghm.png

• Please don't go running around with assumptions. It's your choice whether to support the group or not but none of the Korean courts have found any of these idols guilty of collusion with Mnet and that's after an actual official police investigation into the matter. Concluding that the idols are guilty through either half-baked translations of Korean articles or uninformed guess work isn't really proper.

Also, let's clarify that the actual and factual criminal here is Mnet, which was officially found guilty and their responsible personnel fined and jailed. Direct the hate to the actual criminal instead of the bystanders who got dragged along with their scam. Also, the fact that people go after the idols instead of Mnet themselves, and people just conveniently forget and continue to watch and support Mnet's idol shows is pretty telling.

In the end, very few people actually really care about any of this.

• Mnet has never been Transparent, and only ever revealed what they were legally obligated to and not one thing more

Does that sound like a Company that is repentant and Sorry for their past Actions?

Of-course not, I was so naïve to give them a Second chance, but that is how the old saying goes;

Fool me once shame on you

Fool me twice shame on me

Mnet won't fool me twice, because I am not dumb enough to give them another chance, when people show you who they really are, believe them, Mnet are lying duplicitous snakes who don't care for the well being of their shows contestants and only care for their bottom line simple

• I don't get why people keep on giving Mnet a pass. Like...... THEYRE LEGIT CRIMINALS! They even publicly stated that they wouldn't do any more idol competition shows yet here we are. No hate on the idols. They're just teenagers trying to live their dreams. But its OBVIOUS that Mnet is just using them and these idol shows to scam money out of fans. The whole thing STINKS

:mads:

• Source please?

Yeah, I think MNET had a select few (maybe 20 or more) candidates that they knew they wanted to pick from, the rest were just there for the show.

MNET probably knew a few (maybe half) of the members they were going to select since day 1, the rest they probably picked for the selected few with special contracts.

I do not know if Haein was one of the girls with the special contracts, I do wonder why the MNET people did not like her. Was it her visuals?

• Please don't go running around with assumptions. It's your choice whether to support the group or not but none of the Korean courts have found any of these idols guilty of collusion with Mnet and that's after an actual official police investigation into the matter. Concluding that the idols are guilty through either half-baked translations of Korean articles or uninformed guess work isn't really proper.

Also, let's clarify that the actual and factual criminal here is Mnet, which was officially found guilty and their responsible personnel fined and jailed. Direct the hate to the actual criminal instead of the bystanders who got dragged along with their scam. Also, the fact that people go after the idols instead of Mnet themselves, and people just conveniently forget and continue to watch and support Mnet's idol shows is pretty telling.

In the end, very few people actually really care about any of this.

Is easier to hate on some groups that to stop watching survival shows, even when they know are rigged.

• Is easier to hate on some groups that to stop watching survival shows, even when they know are rigged.

I don't watch survival shows anymore nor hate on the group! I just said it was wasn't easy for me to support them considering the situation and that now I understand why Knetz want them to disband. I've never mentioned that any of the girls deserve hate, as they do not and they weren't the ones pulling the strings - mnet people who ended up in jail over it were.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Everyone knows survival show are rigged

Yet they still support them and the groups out of them

At this point the blame is on the consumer

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!