[PC] TXT Taehyun called out for rehoming his pet snake

• I don’t even Stan and this is stupid to be mad for. I watch SnakeTube (yes it’s a thing my favorite channel is Snake Discovery) and snakes are NOT an easy pet to just neglect.

He knew he couldn’t put in the time for a snake so he did the right thing by rehoming. Sadly there’s several cases of malnourished snakes because people don’t feed them correctly or enough and there’s snakes with stuck shed from owners who don’t pay attention.

He did the right thing and I applaud him for finding the snake a home to be taken care of rather than letting the snake waste away.

agreed, its better for the snake to get proper care than neglected care.

• Imagine thinking rehoming is a bad thing. What's the solution for these people? Abandoning the pet? The only thing I hope in situations like this is for the owner to understand the reality of raising a pet and just have another pet in the future if they're totally ready.

but why adopt a pet in the first place if you know that you have a busy life and you might not have time to take care of it

it's better to not adopt than rehoming a pet

So many people are unaware of how much time and effort it's needed you'd be surprised, in extreme situations tho some people have issues that led them to do this that can range from just loving animals so much they can't see a pet and not rescue it to straight up addiction/irresponsibility.

• There's literally a famous (well not famous but has been in a couple of MVs) being abused by it's handler, but let's get mad at the idol who realized he wasn't able to care for an animal and rehomed it to someone who could.

2x

Fucking finally someone with a brain in their heads. It's 🤡🤡 world stupid that people get mad at someone who shows responsibility and understanding. As they realized that their best efforts were not up to the task to raise and care for a pet especially when they have increasingly larger duties to take care of, leaving little to no time for it so rather than neglect or abuse the pet they give it to someone who could give love support and attention. THIS IS BEHAVIOR PEOPLE SHOULD BE APPLUADING!! ffs.

Raising a pet is similar to raising a child there's no real practical way to plan for it. You can read research and babysit all you want but nothing prepares you for that being your responsibility 24/7 regardless of what's happening in life. The only upside to a pet is you can send them to adopt- oh wait you can adopt people as well funny how we don't demonize people that adopt their kids. But go nuts over an animal 🤡🤡🤡🤡 ✋🤡

• I used to have a corn snake too. The owner (my friend) adopted it without realising how much work is it to look after them. He used to work long hours and ended up giving it to me because he had no time to even clean the cage. It made me so angry when I seen the state of that snake

:pepe-sad:

Taehyun did good. It’s one thing reading up about how to take care of a snake and it’s another to actually do it. If he wouldn’t be able to take care of it, adopting it was the best choice. Snakes are not easy pets to take care of even if some people think they just chill in their glass box thing.

Here is my baby (this was taken before I got her. She was so small on this photo and when I found her an owner she was over 1 m long. )

0BB90D63-1338-46FA-B992-5F071A9BF803.jpeg

• oh my god! it never crossed to me that these handlers can be abusive. I always assumed they're trainers who are well informed about animals. I mean these people should be inspected and observed from time to time by the country.

lt64IYu.gif

• Thankfully Corn Snakes adapt very quickly. They get shipped via Fedex all the time and do just fine so as long as Taehyun screened the owner the snake should be just fine

What does make me sad however is discovering the Wolfdog(or wolfdogs? I remember there being two) is being abused. Look at this beautiful pupper

vqJL41708y8sbXCevSGPfr-iTslsuvPUK_AXBKJNKiJ7buMIPzoEjwJ-LJZV1hMymEeW2xF8WuvFBUJNsFPXBzPHVynQRsct7Q=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

Wolfdogs/Vlacks are fairly uncommon so maybe they can track down the original breeder and notify them? Hopefully the pup will get out of that situation :sadface:

• well i do agree that rehoming it was better than neglict the snake

but why adopt a pet in the first place if you know that you have a busy life and you might not have time to take care of it

it's better to not adopt than rehoming a pet

All idols make this decision when they know they're busy. It's good he rehomed it instead of neglecting it.

lt64IYu.gif

• It's irresponsible to adopt a pet when you're not prepared to care and provide for them. But on the other hand, one can't predict how much their circumstances might change in the future, so for all we know he could have had good intentions but his schedule got in the way and rehoming is definitely better than neglect.

• Btw taehyun said the new owners regularly update him about aengdu

It's irresponsible to adopt a pet when you're not prepared to care and provide for them. But on the other hand, one can't predict how much their circumstances might change in the future, so for all we know he could have had good intentions but his schedule got in the way and rehoming is definitely better than neglect.

He talked about doing a lot of researches and it's something he really wanted but they got really busy. I agree it's something that must be thought through

• I have a different opinion here...

Pets are not a plaything that comes with a trial period for you to try out.. this is why enough research is needed before you get them, especially reptiles.. whether they recognize the owner or not, they still are highly sensitive to their physical environment and patterns which gets changed after relocation and owner changes.

Taehyun did the best he could have done as in the current situation for sure cause its better to give to someone who can treat them better rather than neglecting, but overall it was a poor choice to get a snake in the first place, he should have been more careful with the decision when he first got it. I hope he is more careful in the future when adopting pets.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!