Why didn't Woojin (ex-member of stray kids) get the benefit of the doubt?

• Many idols have been accused of things like being a bully or for sexual assault. Woojin also had many accusations. In some cases there was even evidence, but their fans still kept defending the idol. Woojin also had many accusations. I've seen many people (even stays) turning their backs on him and even bashing him after he left stray kids and there was no evidence. Why was it different for Woojin?

• sunrays00

Changed the title of the thread from “Why didn't Woojin get the benefit of the doubt?” to “Why didn't Woojin (ex-member of stray kids) get the benefit of the doubt?”.
  • bc JYP has made people he only keeps those of the best character in his company and anyone they kick out must be problematic.

Alot of ex-JYP idols get bad treatment from their fans

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• There were multiple stories coming out at the same time.

As far as I know, one of them was debunked, and somehow people think that means he is totally innocent or something.

Not saying that he is or isn't, I don't know, but all that smoke doesn't come from nowhere imo.

• External Content youtu.be

Well, the thing is, even before Bang chan said this, many thought it must be true and woojin was already being cancelled before this video. Also, didn't bang chan say it wasn't about him and even if it was about him, maybe he meant other kinds of mistakes. he did get proven innocent after all and the charges were cleared. The one who posted the story even admitted they lied and still many people aren't believing it. Wonho also had some serious accusations but his fans actually believed it was fake from the beginning, even tho the person who 'exposed' him was a known person (ullzang or smth).

• Well, the thing is, even before Bang chan said this, many thought it must be true and woojin was already being cancelled before this video. Also, didn't bang chan say it wasn't about him and even if it was about him, maybe he meant other kinds of mistakes. he did get proven innocent after all and the charges were cleared. The one who posted the story even admitted they lied and still many people aren't believing it. Wonho also had some serious accusations but his fans actually believed it was fake from the beginning, even tho the person who 'exposed' him was a known person (ullzang or smth).

Bang Chan never said this isn't about him. He said the song he released "I Don't Want to Admit" isn't about him, because people were making assumptions. Different situations.

• Well, the thing is, even before Bang chan said this, many thought it must be true and woojin was already being cancelled before this video. Also, didn't bang chan say it wasn't about him and even if it was about him, maybe he meant other kinds of mistakes. he did get proven innocent after all and the charges were cleared. The one who posted the story even admitted they lied and still many people aren't believing it. Wonho also had some serious accusations but his fans actually believed it was fake from the beginning, even tho the person who 'exposed' him was a known person (ullzang or smth).

caption

External Content www.instagram.com

• Why would Stays care enough to give the benefit of doubt to a person who brought disappoiment and gave extra work and headaches to their faves to re-record to a nearly comeback, re-rehearsing for a tour and re-record again the whole discography, also anxiety for making they believing their fans could leave them (there were members literally breaking down on concert because of the amount of stress), no to mention still having their name directly related to this person everytime he gets in trouble.

Also, in general and not only Stray Kids' fandom, people keep not supporting him, because of the way he dealed with the scandal, not the accusations itself.

• Idk ask akp pips

I tried to defend him since nothing was proven but still, people did their best to insult him while also jumping to conclusions faster than the speed of light.

• Why would Stays care enough to give the benefit of doubt to a person who brought disappoiment and gave extra work and headaches to their faves to re-record to a nearly comeback, re-rehearsing for a tour and re-record again the whole discography, also anxiety for making they believing their fans could leave them (there were members literally breaking down on concert because of the amount of stress), no to mention still having their name directly related to this person everytime he gets in trouble.

Also, in general and not only Stray Kids' fandom, people keep not supporting him, because of the way he dealed with the scandal, not the accusations itself.

This gave war flashback to Kris leaving right before the lost planet tour. I never forgave him. Ever.

There are a couple of "scandals" that I think you may be confusing:

-- In early October 2019, Stray Kids announced a comeback that would be Levanter. In late October, Woojin abruptly left the group citing "personal reasons" and this delayed the comeback while they redid everything for eight members. In March 2020, Bang Chan does a live where he discusses behaving appropriately, and many people take this to mean that he is specifically discussing Woojin was actually kicked out because of something Woojin did.

-- In September 2020, Woojin is accused of sexual assault, and he/his company initially handles it very dismissively. It was later proven to be false, but the initial handling of the accuse made it come across like he didn't take sexual assault allegations seriously. That, combined with him mysteriously leaving JYP, led people to call his character into question.

I agree with you that his initial leaving of JYP was very odd, but also, there was nothing to defend OR accuse him over. He just left suddenly, and everyone could see that the inopportune time negatively affected the group. So it came across that either he was leaving because he wanted to, in which case the timing was inconsiderate, or that he was kicked out because of something he did. Bang Chan's later comments seemed to indicate the latter, and I think this combined with the poor handling of the accusations, led to people not siding with him.

I kind of think of it as the same as what went down with T-ara and AOA. Even though both groups were later proved to be wronged by their accusers, part of why everything went sideways for them is that their company (T-ara) or the members (Jimin specifically) handled things so callously that it appeared they were legitimately accused of something.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Iirc his mistake was dating fan(s) and people bandwagoned on him because his reaction to the accusations was meh. Even though from everything I've seen and heart, the accusations turned out not to be true, he was already disliked at that point and people didn't care enough to correct themselves. And former fans were angry at him for some valid reasons.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!